2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #451 of 693
  MEET T-SHIRT TIME

As it's exactly 2 weeks to the Milky Meet this doesn't allow enough time to collate T-shirt orders, print and post them without using the company's expedited shipping which is prohibitively expensive. So this year the meet T-shirts are D.I.Y. 

Yes folks, if you want a meet T-shirt you'll have to do it yourself! But don't panic as it's easy-peasy. I used www.spreadshirt.co.uk/ to upload Dillan's illustration - attached below - and produced this...

...which is the Men's Premium T-shirt. There are 17 garment colours to choose from and the sizes range from small to 5XL. Basically you click on `Create' then `Design T-shirts now' then `Choose a product' then `Upload an image' and use the resizing arrow(s) to enlarge the illustration and position it. Pick the quantity, add to basket and checkout for £18.98 shipped. 

Awesome, Andy and Dillan! I just tried to make this transparent, but spreadshirt doesn't do transparent. It would have been cool. The blacks would have been replaced with whatever color shirt you selected, but alas spreadshirt interprets transparent as white. Frickin' idiotic for a graphics business to not be able to work with transparency. Amateurs! Apparently the idiot amateur was me, I spent half an hour trying to magically make things transparent only to find out that, of course, Dillan already had a PNG file with it built in--I almost asked, but didn't want to be a bother. I don't know what happened with mine, but I did save a PNG, so I don't know why it presented me with a white background. Weird.

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #452 of 693
There are many other T-shirt printing companies to try Micah, I just mentioned spreadshirt as the garment/print quality is good and the price not too expensive.

It is a bit hit and miss with these companies anyway, as an earlier test garment was sourced from www.tshirtprint.co.uk and the mock-up looked like the T-shirt in post#445 (except on grey marl not black) and yet this is what I received - which was more expensive and the T-shirt fabric is a bit thin.

Awesome, Andy and Dillan! I just tried to make this transparent, but spreadshirt doesn't do transparent. It would have been cool. The blacks would have been replaced with whatever color shirt you selected, but alas spreadshirt interprets transparent as white. Frickin' idiotic for a graphics business to not be able to work with transparency. Amateurs!

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #453 of 693
 See that we are voting for others if in final countdown, so:

Username​
Selection​
Rank​
Points​
Takeanidea​
Robert Reed - Sanctuary II​
1​
4​
Jackpot77​
Foy Vance - The Wild Swan​
3​
2​
Ithilstone​
Shearwater - Jet Plane & Oxbow​
2​
3​
AndrewH13​
Risky Notes - I'm Gonna Cry​
-​
-​

I do have Sanctuary 1 in my collection :)

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #454 of 693
  MEET T-SHIRT TIME

As it's exactly 2 weeks to the Milky Meet this doesn't allow enough time to collate T-shirt orders, print and post them without using the company's expedited shipping which is prohibitively expensive. So this year the meet T-shirts are D.I.Y. 

Yes folks, if you want a meet T-shirt you'll have to do it yourself! But don't panic as it's easy-peasy. I used www.spreadshirt.co.uk/ to upload Dillan's illustration - attached below - and produced this...

...which is the Men's Premium T-shirt. There are 17 garment colours to choose from and the sizes range from small to 5XL. Basically you click on `Create' (website top left) then `T-shirts' (under Clothing) then`Design T-shirts now' (turquoise box centre) then `Choose a product' (left side menu) then `Upload an image' and use the resizing arrow(s) to enlarge the illustration and position it. Pick the quantity, add to basket and checkout for £18.98 shipped. Easy Peasy! 
smile.gif

Hi Guys,

If your wanting a black T-Shirt please upload this image to spreadshirt instead 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzSGxSZZviNOaVo0bEtpVEZFd1k  (just click the link then the download icon at the top)

The file is a transparent PNG file so would hold its transparent properties (so it wouldn't print the black just the white)  Feel free to change to whatever colour t-shirt you like.

See my test example with a black t-shirt 

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #455 of 693
   See that we are voting for others if in final countdown, so:

Username​
Selection​
Rank​
Points​
Takeanidea​
1​
4​
Jackpot77​
3​
2​
Ithilstone​
2​
3​
AndrewH13​
-​
-​

I do have Sanctuary 1 in my collection :)

There are only three points separating #1 and #4 by the extroverted vote. What will the Secret Squirrels say?

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #456 of 693
The Secret Squirrels have spoken but will more P.M. me by 20:00 tonight?!? :wink:

There are only three points separating #1 and #4 by the extroverted vote. What will the Secret Squirrels say?

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #457 of 693
Hope I'm not too late

Shearwater - Jet Plane & Oxbow  (Ithilstone) 
Foy Vance - The Wild Swan (Jackpot77)   
Robert Reed - Sanctuary II (Takeanidea)
Risky Notes - I'm Gonna Cry (AndrewH13)

Now to order a T-shirt!

EDIT:

Ordered!

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #458 of 693
Plenty of time to vote yet.
Snazzy T-shirt!

Hope I'm not too late

Shearwater - Jet Plane & Oxbow  (Ithilstone) 
Foy Vance - The Wild Swan (Jackpot77)   
Robert Reed - Sanctuary II (Takeanidea)
Risky Notes - I'm Gonna Cry (AndrewH13)

Now to order a T-shirt!

EDIT:

Ordered!

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #460 of 693
Username
Selection
Rank
Robert Reed - Sanctuary II
Jackpot77
Foy Vance - The Wild Swan
Ithilstone
Shearwater - Jet Plane & Oxbow
AndrewH13
Risky Notes - I'm Gonna Cry
-
-

Edit - sorry made and error with my scoring :)

Username​
Selection​
Rank​
Points​
Takeanidea​
3​
2​
Jackpot77​
2​
3​
Ithilstone​
1​
4​
AndrewH13​
4​
1​

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #461 of 693

Username
Selection
Rank
Robert Reed - Sanctuary II
Jackpot77
Foy Vance - The Wild Swan
Ithilstone
Shearwater - Jet Plane & Oxbow
AndrewH13
Risky Notes - I'm Gonna Cry
-
-

Am I reading this right that you are not giving  a #3. That's funny, Dillan.

Thanks for the great work on the shirt!

A lead has emerged! But will it hold? One album seems to be love or hate, one album is nobody's favourite but everyone likes it. Which album will be declared the winner? The secret squirrels will announce their votes soon by proxy!

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #462 of 693
Thanks it folks the competition voting is now over.
I'll collate the results and announce the winner tomorrow.
Soon thereafter another even more fabulous competition prize will be announced.
So stay tooned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back