2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #302 of 693
Very reasonable. I'm going to order a couple in case I lose one
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #306 of 693
Blimey... missed my own competition prize announcement by 26 minutes. Anyway...

The first prize of a very nice hybrid amp/DAC from IMS Audio... drum roll... goes to our very own Trev (Takeanidea) for his brilliantly perceptive poem (post #256) which made me laugh heartily and explained a lot about the Cornish. :wink:

The runners up prize of a hybrid amp (sans DAC) from IMS goes to Dillan (dil3000) for his bold graphic illustration.

Well done to everyone that entered. Trev & Dillan please P.M. me your home addresses and I'll post your prizes soonest.

There will be a new competition starting tomorrow with a very nice prize! :)

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #312 of 693
On the spot poem (written without any practice or editing:

Milton or Maynard

John Maynard Keynes was an economist
On whom my study and living are based.
I do not know if he would approve
The inefficient milky loops
Roundabouts and concrete cows
And travelers lost between here and now

"Was the city name derived from him?"
Ponders a perplexed American
Did the town a portmanteau adapt
Smashing John Milton's poetic cap
And Maynard Keynes' economist pen
To build a city of loops without end?

I cannot envision a poetical bent
That John Milton could have lent
Or an efficiency that can explain
How Maynard Keynes would fit the name
Maybe the planners just liked the John two
And tossed their logic down the loo?

I suppose that Google has the answers
But this health economist must study cancer.

I wasn't sure I'd have time to make a collage, as I've got to draw up an interview for RHA, an interview for iFi and port some reviews for the audioprimate.blog. My hits are down the last couple days. Must work harder.

@FortisFlyer75
 are you coming to Milton Keynes? I want to see what you are bringing if so. Same goes for you @Jackpot77

*Corrected a couple errors, I had put Milton in for Maynard. This is what on the spot poetry gets you!

Cheers,
Micah

Hi Micah

I went be able to attend, sadly - tax year end tends to take over the whole week including weekends in my job, and I'm due to complete on buying a house as well about two days after the meet, so spare time isn't my friend.

Will drop you a PM about the other stuff we have been talking about recently - all is still good, just need to get a few things organised!

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #314 of 693
Thanks very much Phil. Am still gobsmacked by Dillon's artwork. Knowing Dillon I wonder whether that was as finished as you wanted it my friend? It was posted at the very last seconds of the competition and I know you are always at breakneck speed with all the balls you are juggling......Am glad we got to see it anyway

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #315 of 693
Already amended to use as the meet T-shirt graphic. What do you guys think?

I should receive a sample garment next week and will check the quality. If it's OK the T-shirts work out at £20, which is more expensive than previous years as those garments were bought in bulk (around 100 each time) and these T-shirts are individually printed to order.

Thanks very much Phil. Am still gobsmacked by Dillon's artwork. Knowing Dillon I wonder whether that was as finished as you wanted it my friend? It was posted at the very last seconds of the competition and I know you are always at breakneck speed with all the balls you are juggling......Am glad we got to see it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back