2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #271 of 693
To all potential meet participants, please post in this thread to keep it visible in the `Recent Head-Fi.org Activity' list on the website frontpage, as this increases awareness and let's UK/European members know about the event.   

With far more choice nowadays when and where to attend events showcasing personal audio in the UK (as most regional shows now have a `head space' area) unless our forthcoming members meet demonstrates it's vibrancy by attaining a critical mass of say e.g. 200 attendees on the day, then I genuinely fear that future commercial sponsorship will not be forthcoming and that these meets - in their current guise - will sadly die out.  

What do you think?!? Are UK Head-Fi Members Meets doomed? Or is there a way for our amateur events to survive? 

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #272 of 693
Forgot RHA gear!

That is a terrible crime on my part:
CL1
CL750
ma750
s500i

See you all soon! Tell all your friends and get them to post what they are bringing, no matter how meagre! Last time all I brought was the LH Labs GO1000, a DX50 and my HD600. The Cambridge meet was what really launched me into this hobby. I think it could be like that for attendees of the Milton Keynes meet.

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #273 of 693
  Forgot RHA gear!

That is a terrible crime on my part:
CL1
CL750
ma750
s500i

See you all soon! Tell all your friends and get them to post what they are bringing, no matter how meagre! Last time all I brought was the LH Labs GO1000, a DX50 and my HD600. The Cambridge meet was what really launched me into this hobby. I think it could be like that for attendees of the Milton Keynes meet.

I will just pretend you were saving the best till last :wink: 

On that note, I will have the full RHA range and available to demo as well.If anyone is super keen to try any of the products I am sure we can work something out in regards to letting them be tested in the quiet room and away from the RHA table for a proper listen.

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #274 of 693
No get together of like minded headphone enthusiasts in the UK will die out! It will be interesting to see how this meet turns out ; I knnow on our personal expectations it will be a success because we will reforge friendships which are too little rekindled in this fast moving World of ours. What may be an issue is reaching that critical mass of 200+ attendees.
To those sat on the fence consider this - I went to a Sound & Vision Show at Bristol which was rammed on 6 floors and had all kinds of stuff and that was 2 weeks ago but......

They didn't have AKG K1000 Bass Heavy Headphones - the nly place in the UK this year you can listen to K1000s is at Milton Keynes

Nowhere else in the UK will the First Watt F6 50 Watts Per Channel Power Amp be on demo. Noone else on the planet has the modded version I have. Nowhere else can you listen to an AKG K1000 put through something as incredible as this

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #275 of 693
  No get together of like minded headphone enthusiasts in the UK will die out! It will be interesting to see how this meet turns out ; I knnow on our personal expectations it will be a success because we will reforge friendships which are too little rekindled in this fast moving World of ours. What may be an issue is reaching that critical mass of 200+ attendees.
To those sat on the fence consider this - I went to a Sound & Vision Show at Bristol which was rammed on 6 floors and had all kinds of stuff and that was 2 weeks ago but......

They didn't have AKG K1000 Bass Heavy Headphones - the nly place in the UK this year you can listen to K1000s is at Milton Keynes

Nowhere else in the UK will the First Watt F6 50 Watts Per Channel Power Amp be on demo. Noone else on the planet has the modded version I have. Nowhere else can you listen to an AKG K1000 put through something as incredible as this

Damn straight, Trev! On a lesser scale, nobody has the collection of adaptors that I do (I'll add some pics later). I've got DAPs in multiple flavours of balanced. If you want to get your portable gear on, I'll have a source that makes it sound awesome and High End Headphones will have all the top rung stuff that I can't afford. Live vicariously. Get FROTHY!

I may even have the @EffectAudio / Empire Ears Arthur/Excalibur $3800 in ear that I'll soon be reviewing at the event. I'll cross my fingers that I still have it. There will be way more unique things than what I'll be bringing, but these local meets often have one-of-a-kind stuff.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #276 of 693
I'll be bringing my modded HE6's with the new HIFIMAN headband upgraded pads and cable.

Another HE6 fully modded with hardwired 16 core silver gold wire.   Pic also shows my hand built mini beast which I'll be bringing also.

I'll try and bring my main beast amp for driving my HE6 (both beast amps also sounds great with the HE1000s and the K1000s) - the first pic is with the panel opened, the second pic shows the beast with my hand built DAC

Also my HD800s and another amp.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #277 of 693
Milton Keynes, from what little I know,
Is a place with a dome full of snow,
Just a dot on a map,
It's probably a trap,
But in April, a venue I will go.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #278 of 693
  I'll be bringing my modded HE6's with the new HIFIMAN headband upgraded pads and cable.

Another HE6s fully modded with hardwired 16 core silver gold wire.   Pic also shows my hand built mini beast which I'll be bringing also.

I'll try and bring my main beast amp for driving my HE6 (both beast amps also sounds great with the HE1000s and the K1000s) - the first pic is with the panel opened, the second pic shows the beast with my hand built DAC

Also my HD800s and another amp.

Two modded HE-6s, two beasts, and a NEW AMP! This is cause for celebration!

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #279 of 693

I'll be bringing some unmodded HE-6s too, which could prove to be a nice comparison. My only balanced cable is the stock one which has oxidised somewhat, though, so I'll be restricted to my silver poison SE cable.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #280 of 693

I'll be bringing some unmodded HE-6s too, which could prove to be a nice comparison. My only balanced cable is the stock one which has oxidised somewhat, though, so I'll be restricted to my silver poison SE cable.

@Takeanidea has a WyWires Red cable for his HE-6 in balanced, we can always roll that out. :)

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #281 of 693
If everything goes according to plan I'll have this hand built beast on demo at the meet...

...just look at all that thermionic goodness.

A few specifications -

Power: 3.5w
Headphone impedance drive: 10 - 3K Ohm
Frequency response: 12 - 150K Hz
Double triode composite output in Circlotron configuration

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #282 of 693
If everything goes according to plan I'll have this hand built beast on demo at the meet...

...just look at all that thermionic goodness.

A few specifications -

Power: 3.5w
Headphone impedance drive: 10 - 3K Ohm
Frequency response: 12 - 150K Hz
Double triode composite output in Circlotron configuration

Holy smokes!!!  Is that....TWENTY tubes I can see
eek.gif
?  I would very much like to hear that one 
o2smile.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #284 of 693
Power Output 3,5 watt per channel

Dual Mono Power Supply

weight 35 Kg

Full Tubes Regulated Power Supply 12 Tubes ( 6 x channel)

2 ECC802S input/driver stage per channel

2 6CG7 double triode in triode composite Circlotron operating

Frequency Response 12 hz to 150 Khz

Output is in Current

Output impedance 10 Ohm to 3 Kohm

Holy smokes!!!  Is that....TWENTY tubes I can see :eek: ?  I would very much like to hear that one :o2smile:

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #285 of 693
Power Output 3,5 watt per channel

Dual Mono Power Supply

weight 35 Kg

Full Tubes Regulated Power Supply 12 Tubes ( 6 x channel)

2 ECC802S input/driver stage per channel

2 6CG7 double triode in triode composite Circlotron operating

Frequency Response 12 hz to 150 Khz

Output is in Current

Output impedance 10 Ohm to 3 Kohm

Holy smokes!!!  Is that....TWENTY tubes I can see
eek.gif
?  I would very much like to hear that one 
o2smile.gif

Schnikies! The tube cost alone of that must be eye-watering, and to think, they'll all have different replacement cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back