2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up
Nov 23, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #62 of 153

I don't understand the list.
Are you going to connect gifters with each other? I am OK with Canada and US but prefers Canada. 

Yes I will be assigning them randomly using the numbers next to the names.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #65 of 153
I'd be happy to ship worldwide, so long as I can use websites that are based overseas to buy my partners gift... which I see no problem with. Change me to overseas if there are no other Australian's on the list :))  

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #70 of 153
Crying shame that seems to be a trend.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #71 of 153
Well, I can't wait to experience this!

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #72 of 153
  Crying shame that seems to be a trend.

Yeah, I agree.  I've subbed to this event since joining Head-Fi, and have met some cool people as a result.  Recommend it to all Head-Fiers.  After all, it's only a CD or two - and you get 'em in return. What could be easier?

Cheers All,
RCB

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #73 of 153
My first go at this idea, so what is the basic buying strategy. Are we typically going to be paired with someone in the same country, if possible? And if that is not possible, does one shop on the Amazon site in the recipients country, or send an international parcel? Just curious what the general consensus is.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #74 of 153
Pro Tip: if someone is not really that keen on surprises (or is very afraid of disappointments)  Amazon allows you to create a wish list which you can later on share - put few titles you are interested in and ask your head-fi gift exchange partner to purchase anything from that list, you still get an element of surprise but it's guaranteed to be something the other person wanted to get.

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #75 of 153
I'm looking forward to the surprise.  I view this as an opportunity to learn about something new in the way of music I might not have found otherwise.  To me, that is part of the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back