2016 CanJam @ RMAF, October 7-9, 2016: The Exhibitor List!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #155 of 259
  Kind of sad they don't have any entertainment listed on the rmaf site with only 13 days to go.

Was there someone in particular that you were hoping for?  
wink.gif
  On another note, Sarah Jarosz came out with a new album and I only just found out about it!

This will be my first RMAF but I have been to the Show the last few years as well as CanJam earlier this year.

Originally Posted by Zachik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a first timer, too.  Would LOVE to meet and hang out with fellow head-fi guys :)

Originally Posted by swnger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sue and I will be attending our first CanJam this weekend can't wait to meet all of you.

My first CanJam was at RMAF as well, back in 2013.  And while I've been to, and worked on, other CanJams around the world... there's something unique and indescribable about CJ @ RMAF.  I have some words of experience for y'all, if I may:

• Don't miss your chance to audition or A/B.  Do you have reference headphones, or a carefully-curated portable rig, or specific test tracks?  Bring them all, or at least what you wouldn't mind carrying around for the day!  There is simply no better place to audition as much gear as there is at a CanJam.  Or let me put it another way... nothing beats an audition.  Even a brief audition under show conditions will yield more useful information than the most authoritative review.
  • Make time to meet with others.  If you've got your entire show already planned out, make sure to leave some time in there for hanging out with fellow Head-Fiers.  In addition to auditioning, another useful part of CanJam is being able to share impressions with several other Head-Fiers in real-time.  Plus it's fun!  Don't know who might or might not be a Head-Fier?  Hear are a couple of tips for identifying yourself or others as a Head-Fier:
    1. Write your Head-Fi screen name on your badge.  The 2-ch-only guys typically don't do this, so you can bet if someone has a cryptic string of characters written on their badge, they're probably a Head-Fier.
    2. Wear headphones or IEMs.  Similarly, non-Head-Fiers don't display their gear like plumage (mainly because speakers and turntables are heavy).
    3. Flash the unofficial Head-Fi Gang Sign.  What up homey?
    4. And if all else fails...
  • Don't be shy.  You'd be surprised at the number of lifelong friends that are made at meets and shows (like CanJam) simply by striking up a random conversation.

Hi everyone,

We'll be demoing ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow with Cavalli Audio in the Pavillion, with the Chord Mojo in the Low Cost Gear room and again with Cavalli in the Kimber Cable room.  

I'm also pleased to say we'll be showing a pre-production tuning of the ETHER ES electrostatic.  We look forward to hearing your impressions!

We look forward to seeing many of you again.  Safe travels!

Lol, thanks Dan!  I was adhering to a vow of silence until the CanJam preview video came out.  
biggrin.gif

That sounds really exciting! What amplifier will the ETHER ES be featured on? I might consider bringing the SRM-252S with me just to try it out.

We'll have the Cavalli Liquid Lightning 2T...

@miceblue, bring it and A/B!  
smile_phones.gif

Video Markers for the Head-Fi TV video

Thank you sir!  
smile.gif

We had a great time in SoCal few months back and sure don't want to miss this party.

I told you that you guys would get hooked!  
biggrin.gif

Nice preview video, Jude!

It was a pleasant surprise to see my boys @warrenpchi and @zach915m in the preview video. You guys were in the D and didn't look me up? I'll catch you next time...

Have a great CanJam everyone!

Lol, it was a very compressed trip!  And besides, I believe I owe you guys a full Michigan meet and not just a brief trip?  
tongue.gif

Also, @bearFNF did you check in yet?  
L3000.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #156 of 259
ACK!!! I forgot to update everyone. I had a career fair yesterday and then was swamped today with "before you leave for a week" issues. I got a couple of those "who let you have vscation" looks....:D

Yes, I'm checked in and the first leg of the journey is done. Just sitting down to a steak dinner before heading to a movie. Then it's up at 3 am to get to the airport.

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #157 of 259
Yes, I'm checked in and the first leg of the journey is done. Just sitting down to a steak dinner before heading to a movie. Then it's up at 3 am to get to the airport.

Smart man, avoiding the wilderness trek!
beerchug.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #159 of 259
  Kind of sad they don't have any entertainment listed on the rmaf site with only 13 days to go.

That has been one of the highlights in many past rmafs.

Looks like the Listening sessions are the only entertainment. Interesting, but I'm not sure I want to burn an hour listing to an album. The concept is rather interesting though. They have these listing parties at various locations around the world. There is usually a charge to get in (but not at RMAF). http://classicalbumsundays.com

RMAF "entertainment" schedule:
https://www.audiofest.net/show-schedule/action~agenda/cat_ids~7/

There is a link on that mage for the seminar schedule too. 

I heard they could have entertainment due to limited space due to the hotel construction. Hopefully it will be better next year. 

I will drive up from Los Alamos starting a noon tomorrow. I'm stopping in Colorado Springs to pick up a totally modded out Crack amp (from a guy from another site) to evaluate, then up to Denver to geek out. I'll be A/B evaluating two cracks in my hotel room :)

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #162 of 259
Also intersting. 

Meze are launching the new Meze 12 Classics earphones:
https://www.mezeheadphones.com/meze-12-classics-gun-metal-earphones
We will be showing a prototype version of the 99 Neo headphones.
We will offer the 11Neo at a discounted price as a show special:
https://www.mezeheadphones.com/meze-11-neo-iridium-earphones

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #163 of 259
Also cool, The Rocky Mountain International HiFi Press Awards 2016. 
The Rocky Mountain International HiFi Press Awards (RIHPA) are the High-end audio industry’s first world-wide press awards honoring High-end audio manufacturers. The Oscars of the audio industry. RIHPA nominees and winners will be selected via anonymous ballot by the world's leading High-end audio publications.

https://www.audiofest.net/awards/#background

Friday, October 7, 2016: Opening night of the 12th Annual Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest, October 7 through 9 in Denver, Colorado.

[update Oct 6: They just sent and email to those that pre-purchased tickets. There will be a lottery for 50 tickets]

Here are the headphone categories and nominations they will vote on:

Headphones
  1. HEADPHONES
  2. Audeze LCD-4
  3. Focal Elear
  4. HiFiMAN Edition X
  5. MrSpeakers Ether C Flow
  6. Sennheiser HD 800
HEADPHONE AMPLIFICATION
  1. aune X7s
  2. Chord Electronics Mojo
  3. Cavalli Audio Liquid Lake People Violectric HPA V281
  4. Pass Labs HPA-1
  5. Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #164 of 259
If anyone spots a Bowers & Wilkins P signature headphone, post were you saw it. Looks like something worth listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back