2016 CanJam @ RMAF, October 7-9, 2016: The Exhibitor List!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #31 of 259
Gonna be my first CanJam as well. I'm looking forward to testing out all the great equipment I've heard about. If I bring a checkbook, is there a lot of equipment for sale or mostly just viewing?

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #32 of 259
Gonna be my first CanJam as well. I'm looking forward to testing out all the great equipment I've heard about. If I bring a checkbook, is there a lot of equipment for sale or mostly just viewing?

There are a few tables in a market like room that will have stuff for sale. Also, you can ask vendors if they would sell your their floor models. You can get good deals that way since it's less for them to ship home. Bargain hard :)

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #33 of 259
  Going to be my first CanJam at RMAF, can't wait to see everyone stopping by the Questyle booth!

You'll never forget it!  
smile.gif
  I love all of the CanJams... but there's something very special about CanJam @ RMAF for me.

First of all, it was my first, so it popped my CanJam cherry.

But here's what it really comes down to:  it's out in the middle of Bumfudge, Egypt and there's not that much to do outside of the show.  Yes, technically Denver isn't too far away, but more often than not everybody stays local.  As a result, it's three days of all of us being in the same place, in our own little world, like audio camp.  I remember this one time, at audio camp...

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #34 of 259
Warren!  You promised never to speak of it in public.  lol.  Looking forward to seeing you all there, and hoping to keep some of my money in my pocket upon my return home.

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #35 of 259
I live in Denver and there are many good restaurants and bars in the immediate area. I'd be more than happy to provide you with some choices and/or we can meet up at the event, since I will be attending as well.

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #36 of 259

You'll never forget it!  
smile.gif
  I love all of the CanJams... but there's something very special about CanJam @ RMAF for me.

First of all, it was my first, so it popped my CanJam cherry.

But here's what it really comes down to:  it's out in the middle of Bumfudge, Egypt and there's not that much to do outside of the show.  Yes, technically Denver isn't too far away, but more often than not everybody stays local.  As a result, it's three days of all of us being in the same place, in our own little world, like audio camp.  I remember this one time, at audio camp...

Yeah, I lived in downtown Denver for 14 years, and went to the Tech Center about 3 times.  All those winding streets make it so easy to get lost without a GPS. But you haven't seen Bumfudge, until you've seen where I live now; about a 20 minute drive to the nearest grocery store in Fort Collins.

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #38 of 259
Gonna be my third CanJam@RMAF.  Thankfully, I live locally (actually, about a block from the ACE bar mentioned upthread), so it's easy for me.  Yeah, the DTC is a bit south of the city proper.  But if you're coming in to visit the city, there's so much to do and see around here.  I highly suggest trying to make it up to downtown at least one of the nights, or if you have a 3 day pass going up to Boulder for an afternoon is also quite fun.

I echo the concern about parking.  The last few years it's been sort of a mess to get the free spots, so you may want to get there early if you aren't staying at the hotel.  The temporary structure will no doubt make that situation even worse. Still, even if you are just staying at the hotel and the area for all 3 days, there is actually a lot more to do and places to eat within a short distance of the DTC.  It really isn't "Nowhere, Egypt", even if it's going to be just about as dry! If you're not from the area, make sure you get plenty of water to drink.

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #39 of 259
Having been to every RMAF since its inception and every RMAF @ CanJam, I can comment on the parking situation.  Do not count on any free parking at the Marriott.  Most of the back lot will be for employee and vendor truck parking, front lots will be pretty much non-existent except for valet.  This may be reversed, since I have no idea where they plan to put CanJam.

Valet would be my choice as you can come and go as you please and do not have to hike to the Marriott each time you come back from dinner.  About $18-$20 a day for valet parking.  As for free parking, nothing nearby is free.  There are a few hotels up the street but with the remodeling at the Marriott, sleeping rooms will be scarce, hence a number of folks will be staying at these other hotels. And I am sure they will keep an eye on their lots to ensure they have spaces for their guests.  Businesses nearby are noted as no parking zones on weekends or if not a tenant. 

There is a rather large lot right across the street as other have mentioned and the cost to park there has historically been about $10 or so for all day, not sure how they work come and go for lunch, dinner, etc.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #40 of 259
Looking forward to it!!! It will be my first CamJam ... My first audio event ever :)  

Traveling from South Florida on Friday and spending the day there on Saturday. 

Since this is my first event.  Question:

Do people bring their own equipment to this?  Should I bring my headphone (Fostex TH900) to try it with different tube amps? (looking into warming it up a little). 

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #41 of 259
  Looking forward to it!!! It will be my first CamJam ... My first audio event ever :)  

Traveling from South Florida on Friday and spending the day there on Saturday. 

Since this is my first event.  Question:

Do people bring their own equipment to this?  Should I bring my headphone (Fostex TH900) to try it with different tube amps? (looking into warming it up a little). 

Bring your TH-900 or anything you'd like to pair with different audio equipment!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #42 of 259

Bring your TH-900 or anything you'd like to pair with different audio equipment!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Thanks a lot!! Looking forward to it!!!

Sep 17, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #43 of 259
Sep 18, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #44 of 259
Sep 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #45 of 259
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back