2016 CanJam RMAF Impressions - Denver
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #182 of 240
Had a great time at RMAF this year! Only recently just got back to LA and been recovering from the show.

Thanks to everyone who dropped by the Questyle booth! We shared out spot with Meze this year in the tent and had a spot in the Kimber suite inside the hotel.

We attended the RMAF press awards and went home with the best mobile player award!

Was amazing to see such dear friends again at this CanJam! Probably the biggest shoutouts I would like to give to @jude and @joe and Team CanJam who really worked their butts off to make sure the show was a great success! We finished setting up in the Kimber room at around 11:30pm day 0 and went into the tent to see Jude and Warren still hard at work in the tent and were without a doubt the only ones still left. Major respect and props to them!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 12, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #183 of 240

sorry but $2000 for inner ear monitors is beyond me. insane....and i do appreciate the company's tech and innovation.
just that the price so far out of the reach for many...and with technology advanced, in a few yrs they're then worth 1/2 (or so) the price
as the latest 'new and improved' version comes out....drag.

Agree with it. Ok manufactures have much more models so we do not have to buy top models but prices for top models I think producers probably got crazy :D
My opinion is that IEM/CIEM technology have big potencial but also have limits.
When I am listening quality IEM I had borrow some expensive during year at my home because have interest and it is like a little beauty illusion sound and when I am listening speaker it has real colour of tones vocal and dynamic like engine with physical feel, if sombody thinks that some IEM sound neutral than he should try some quality speaker and will see what neutral quality sound is.
And prices for top models IEM still grow, now prices so close to quality speaker. So in my opinon sound is not worth for what they ask..

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #184 of 240
I was only auditioning the FXA2.  The guy at the Fender booth told me that since I like rock music, and headphones that are a little more bassy than neutral - the FXA2 are the only ones for me.  I just took his word... 

Of the Fender line up, I agree, the FXA2 best matches what your looking for. The FXA2 has good overdrive like feeling to rock guitars.

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #185 of 240
I read the whole thread and I am wondering about one thing. Did anybody see if E-MU woodies are now available with detachable cables? And if so, what connectors?

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #186 of 240
Just to clarify for anyone who might misunderstand, FLC8S is $350 - not $2k.

I apologize - my post was not very clear about it.  Correct - the $2K comment had to do with the Empire Zeus.

Nik - did you end up listening to the Ether Flow?  We have discussed them at the RHA table before you had a chance to audition them, and I told you that they are a must listen!
Curious about your opinion of them...

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #191 of 240

To my ears yes it does, and the SR-007 is my personal favorite of the Stax lineup.

On what amp that you heard the 007 with?  Thanks.  The performance of that headphones can be night and day difference between good and bad amps.

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #193 of 240

BHSE, a custom KGGSHV and Jude's custom Frank Cooter amp.

So all slacker amps. 
wink_face.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #194 of 240
Did anyone else besides me try the "Tia" Prototypes from 64ears?  I thought they were really impressive. Not sure they are going to be worth the price I was quoted ($3500ish), but I did feel they were super detailed, and precise, and crisp all around.  I wish I had my A12s with me though so I could compare them side by side.  Would love to know some others thoughts on them.  Sorry I don't have a ton more details, this was my first time to RMAF, and I was simply more interested in trying different things and getting the experience of the whole thing vs doing critical listening and truly trying to compare products.  

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #195 of 240
  Did anyone else besides me try the "Tia" Prototypes from 64ears?  I thought they were really impressive. Not sure they are going to be worth the price I was quoted ($3500ish), but I did feel they were super detailed, and precise, and crisp all around.  I wish I had my A12s with me though so I could compare them side by side.  Would love to know some others thoughts on them.  Sorry I don't have a ton more details, this was my first time to RMAF, and I was simply more interested in trying different things and getting the experience of the whole thing vs doing critical listening and truly trying to compare products.  

I did spend some time with the Tias, but I feel like they're not worth $3,500. To me the Tias seemed like a "proof of concept" that 64 could actually make an earphone with resonating chambers to help produce the sound... not them actually focusing on making them sound good enough to be worth that price. Yes, they sound very good, but not $3,500 good. Compare 3.5k to your other options - you've got the Noble K10 and even the brand new Empire Ears Zeus for significantly less. Is the Tia better than those? In my opinion, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back