2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 9, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #526 of 1,050
  hahaha yea, read a few such cases in the forums. How do you burn-in your gear?
For me, i have the usual white/pink noise etc that runs as a single 30min mp3 but includes about 10mins of silence in between iirc. I jjust loop this file on repeat and a day of burn in would result in my iem having at 20mins silence/rest per hour. 

thru jlab rite?.....

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #529 of 1,050
I've heard more than one person end up with a dead or defective pair of headphones after burning them in.
rolleyes.gif

Yes, better not to use them 
wink_face.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #530 of 1,050
I was skeptical about burn in until I got my JVC FX40s; their sound definitely changed. I personally think it depends on the earphone and what the driver is made of. I used to have a pair of SE215s and don't think they changed in sound while I had them. Just my two cents.

Agreed that JVC needs some proper burn in like me HAFX1X and FR201 ...ootb, they sound blunt harsh honest to god ear piercing that you want to throw em' to the bin....but with them in the burn pit...they do mellow down and don't sound that peaky after that.

Not so much for other gears in my stable...Me am more in the camp." What if burn in works"...so no harm done ..just don't burn them at high volume and continuously without a break time in between..LOL

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #531 of 1,050
unless you have 2 similar iems side by side for a blind test comparison, its hard to judge burn in results.

opened up my vsd2s to test. the size is the middle child of westones um1 and shure 215, bigger than the um but smaller and lighter than the 215s. sounds pretty good out of the box as stated above. presentation wise, if an16/gr07 is a long tube in your ears with little depth, the 2s is more of a circular shape soundstage which is more balanced imho.
The upper mid range is terrible as of now, it seems the vocals were boosted so much that it actually sounds like its floating above the other frequencies and in your, stark departure from the an16 first impressions. For me it means i cant concentrate on the treble at all cause i hear is just that boosted upper mids. Getting a headache just from listening, will let it burn in and hope for the best.

The boosted upper mid range doesnt take away the fact that the whole presentation of the d2s is impressive for the price with wonderful lows and all round separation.     
What tips are you using with the 2s?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 10, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #533 of 1,050
Apr 10, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #537 of 1,050

+10......And I see no reason to spark the burn-in topic here......., and there are some active forums to take forward continuing this debate there,if anyone interested.....
biggrin.gif

Yup, Do what ever you want to do, do what ever you like, kill the cat, pat the cat, dont tell us what to do if we dont come asking about what to do with our cat. And stop it here. Burn it, set fire to this burning topic.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #539 of 1,050
Just tried the AN-16 again after nearly 30 hours of total burn-in time. The highs are already a lot smoother... getting pretty close to GR07 now, the biggest difference seems to be the mids, which are not quite as forward as GR07.

I've not heard the GR07 myself but I've read before that the mids are slightly forward. Are you saying that the AN16 has a balanced sound? That would please me to no end.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #540 of 1,050

I've not heard the GR07 myself but I've read before that the mids are slightly forward. Are you saying that the AN16 has a balanced sound? That would please me to no end.

I was using a GR07 pair right before this and I thought that was pretty finely balanced, the mids sounded perfect to my ears.

So, people who thought GR07 was had "too forward" sounding mids would probably be very pleased with the AN-16's tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back