2014 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Dec 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #106 of 137
I rarely have problems with Amazon Prime, but this time they did a few things I didn't like:

1) They split the order. Used to be you could select to ship only when all are ready. Now, the option is something like we'll-do-our-best for one shipment.

2) They used UPS SurePost instead of regular UPS. I've had mixed results with other companies and eBay. I don't like mixed results -- I'd like it to be reliable. They could turn around and say it's free, but it isn't -- there's a yearly fee.

3) One of the packages got sent to the wrong state. Now, it's likely to be 3 days later.

Holiday season or not, I've had a long-developed positive opinion of Amazon Prime, but this taints that.

But, still loving this holiday gift exchange!

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #108 of 137
  I rarely have problems with Amazon Prime, but this time they did a few things I didn't like:

1) They split the order. Used to be you could select to ship only when all are ready. Now, the option is something like we'll-do-our-best for one shipment.

2) They used UPS SurePost instead of regular UPS. I've had mixed results with other companies and eBay. I don't like mixed results -- I'd like it to be reliable. They could turn around and say it's free, but it isn't -- there's a yearly fee.

3) One of the packages got sent to the wrong state. Now, it's likely to be 3 days later.

Holiday season or not, I've had a long-developed positive opinion of Amazon Prime, but this taints that.

But, still loving this holiday gift exchange!

There's an option of grouping your contents into one package before checkout, did you select it? As for the delayed package, call Amazon about it. They'll like send out a new package next day for you. They're very accommodating. 

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #109 of 137
  There's an option of grouping your contents into one package before checkout, did you select it? As for the delayed package, call Amazon about it. They'll like send out a new package next day for you. They're very accommodating. 

Yep, I selected that option. It didn't say "one package" like I've seen in the past. The other option was something like send as soon as possible, even if separate packages.

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #110 of 137
Yep, I selected that option. It didn't say "one package" like I've seen in the past. The other option was something like send as soon as possible, even if separate packages.

If both weren't sold by the same seller then you don't necessarily get the option to combine into one package. If one is sold by Amazon and another by B&H then they may ship separately if the B&H item isn't stored in the Amazon warehouse. You can also have a case where both items are sold by Amazon but there's not a single warehouse where they're both kept together. Both scenarios would prevent you from getting a single package.

Source: I've experienced both cases personally.

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #111 of 137

If both weren't sold by the same seller then you don't necessarily get the option to combine into one package. If one is sold by Amazon and another by B&H then they may ship separately if the B&H item isn't stored in the Amazon warehouse. You can also have a case where both items are sold by Amazon but there's not a single warehouse where they're both kept together. Both scenarios would prevent you from getting a single package.

Yeah it could be possible that one of the items he selected is sold by a third party seller. 

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #112 of 137

Yeah it could be possible that one of the items he selected is sold by a third party seller. 

Probably. Thanks. I'm not that bent out of shape. Shoot, I didn't have to drive to the mall!

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #113 of 137
Already ordered for my partner.
Hugo on it's way...
Just kidding
Happy listening

LOL   
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #114 of 137
  Just a quick note: If you are ordering from amazon.com, try using http://smile.amazon.com/. Amazon donates to a charity of your choice every time you order from AmazonSmile. It costs the same, so you might as well make a donation too :)

I order from Amazon all the time and Did Not know about this.
Thank you -

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #115 of 137
  Just a quick note: If you are ordering from amazon.com, try using http://smile.amazon.com/. Amazon donates to a charity of your choice every time you order from AmazonSmile. It costs the same, so you might as well make a donation too :)

I order from Amazon all the time and Did Not know about this.
Thank you -

Thanks RCBinTN for quoting kimvictor, somehow I missed the original post. And kimvictor, thanks for pointing it out. I've been using AmazonSmile for just a little while, but every little bit adds up.

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #117 of 137
Ditto. I'm curious about which charity everyone chose to donate to. I believe I chose St Jude's.

If it's for real, what a Cool thing for Amazon to do.
I am also a St. Jude supporter - what a great organization!!

Merry Christmas,
RCB

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #120 of 137
I chose Partners in Health. It was co-founded by a father of a close friend of mine and is based in Boston, MA. It's focus is on bringing first world healthcare to third world countries like Rwanda and Haiti, and the work they've been doing is amazing to read about.

If you're buying from Amazon Smile and don't have a charity chosen, please take a look at them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back