2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list has been finalized, and what a lineup!
Sep 30, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #166 of 340
CanJam is great! Crowed,  noisy, but alot of excitement in the air. Like  being on the floor  of a political convention.

I hope all audiophile headphone enthusiasts will not forget to visit the dedicated Abyss listenening room in the hotel tower room 8000. Yes it is at the other end of  the hotel and yes you  will have to take the elevator to the eighth floor. It will be worth the effort. Four listening stations each with the Abyss headphone. Each with a great headphone amp. Cavalli Liquid Gold, WO Audio WA-5, the new MacIntosh headphone amp, and the new Jeff Wells headphone amp. All will have JPS cables and interconnects. The room will be comfortable, quiet and the only place at RMAF where you can do some serious listening and comparing.

Abyss will also have two headphone set ups in the CanJAm room. One of the amps here will be the newest Eddie Current amp the 4x45!

Have fun and I will see you there begining Friday at 2:00.

David Pritchard

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #167 of 340

Gettin' close, only a week and a half away...
beerchug.gif

The excitement is almost too much!  
smile.gif

Also, would it be alright to get a ride back to the airport with you on Monday?  
redface.gif

Me too!

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #168 of 340

smile.gif

redface.gif

Sure thing.

Me too!

The excitement or the ride?  Heh, I know we already talked about the ride and its cool. 

That pretty much fills the car Monday (unless I change to a van or something).
We can work out the details when we get there.

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #169 of 340

smile.gif

redface.gif

Sure thing.

Me too!

The excitement or the ride?  Heh, I know we already talked about the ride and its cool. 

We can work out the details when we get there.

Ha! The excitement and the ride....
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #170 of 340

redface.gif

Sure thing.

Me too!

Ohh, ibtl!  Hope jw111 got in, or else he's gonna kick himself!  
biggrin.gif

Ha! The excitement and the ride....
biggrin.gif

Something tells me this year is gonna be EPIC!

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #171 of 340
Alright all, I'm coming for most of the day on Friday. As this is my first CanJam, is there anything in particular that you'd recommend I check out? Also, not to ruin our odds or anything, but how long do you think it would take to complete the scavenger hunt?

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #173 of 340
SHaG details updated. 
smile.gif
  The prize pool is now well over $20,000.  This includes a pair of ELECTROSTATIC headphones, an ENTIRE RIG (DAC, amp and headphones), and items that are so new that they haven't been released yet.  
eek.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #174 of 340
Afternoon everyone! We're very excited about returning to Denver next week and meeting everyone (and a little bit sad that we can't enter the SHaG - what a prize pool!).

We've previously mentioned that we're bringing the T10i out with us for it's public USA debut, but if you've not stopped by the Sponsor Forum recently, be sure to check out the review programme thread and you could have a set of T10i in your hands before CanJam event begins! 

If not, be sure to swing by our stall to check them out!

Thanks!

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #175 of 340
Just purchased 3-day pass.  Last year's Canjam was my baptismal experience with all things Head-fi, so definitely looking forward to this year's show.  I had no idea what I was doing last year, wandering aimlessly from one strange rig to the next, drunk on buzz and hype (and that ridiculously overpriced scotch at the hotel bar).  This year, I have a plan...and my own bottle of scotch...

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #176 of 340
Oct 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #177 of 340
Warren, Bob, and others,

I am going to take thursday off work which means I will be traveling from central Nebraska to Denver Wednessday evening. If you want to save the expense of a rental I could pick people up on my way down. I could also stay until Monday and take people back, my schedule is very flexible. I will also be available for set up Thursday if needed. Let me know here or PM so I know which vehicle to bring.

Jim Graff

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #178 of 340
  Afternoon everyone! We're very excited about returning to Denver next week and meeting everyone (and a little bit sad that we can't enter the SHaG - what a prize pool!).

We've previously mentioned that we're bringing the T10i out with us for it's public USA debut, but if you've not stopped by the Sponsor Forum recently, be sure to check out the review programme thread and you could have a set of T10i in your hands before CanJam event begins! 

Thanks!

I'm usually a CIEM person.

But the RHA T10i's have won me over - in just a few days (after letting them burn-in over-night - which is also their recommendation).

I've been using them w/ my Glove Audio A1 DAC/Amp (by CEntrance) + AK120 - and their noise isolation is phenomenal! Of course, it took a few tips to figure out what works for my strange ear canals (my ear, nose, and throat docs words, LOL) - I ended up w/ the dual-flange tips.

Thus far, playing everything from Shackleton to Tori Amos - I've been enjoying - w/ the Reference filter for most music, Bass filter for electronic - their silky mids, wonderfully extended low-end. It ripples out beautifully, and trails off naturally. The highs are coherent and FAR from screamy - nice and bloomy. Thus far, in my book:
A serious winner! Especially at $199!!  

That is their US price right?  
wink.gif

I'll be sporting these at CanJam to check out some new stuff - along w/ my reference CIEMS...

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #179 of 340

Thanks!

Can't wait to try these at canjam. Love my 750's

Jim

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #180 of 340
  SHaG details updated. 
smile.gif
  The prize pool is now well over $20,000.  This includes a pair of ELECTROSTATIC headphones, an ENTIRE RIG (DAC, amp and headphones), and items that are so new that they haven't been released yet.  
eek.gif

Oh stop teasing, you. We still have a week to go! There are quite a few items on that list that I would absolutely love to have in my collection.

And those T10i... I can't wait to get a demo of them on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back