2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list has been finalized, and what a lineup!
Sep 21, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #136 of 340
I'm hoping to have a new pair of Beyerdynamic T51Ps for my wearable cans for CanJam - 
but I'm also goin' to bring my Sennheiser Urbanite or Momentums.

Gonna rock the Glove Audio A1 DAC/Amp for A&K AK100 & AK120 too
(I use it w/ my AK120). I just reviewed the Glove (which will be on display at the CEntrance booths) for Part-Time Audiophile if anybody is interested. HERE's THE LINK.

and of course gonna bring my JH Audio Roxannes for the plane ride & for checkin' out new gear!

Between those cans, and my trusty LCD-XCs I think I'll be covered to check out stuff and report on it.
@warrenpchi and I are hoping to get some live-blogging going at Audio360.org during CanJam this year!

We'll be checking out some new stuff the night before the show kicks off - so we hope to have those impressions up on the site late-night Thurs night!

PSYCHED for CanJam this year - will be great to see you all, listen to some GREAT tunes on new gear,
and kick back and have some FUN.  I need it!!!!

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #137 of 340
I hope I am invited to that :D
I'm hoping to have a new pair of Beyerdynamic T51Ps for my wearable cans for CanJam - 
but I'm also goin' to bring my Sennheiser Urbanite or Momentums.

Gonna rock the Glove Audio A1 DAC/Amp for A&K AK100 & AK120 too
(I use it w/ my AK120). I just reviewed the Glove (which will be on display at the CEntrance booths) for Part-Time Audiophile if anybody is interested. HERE's THE LINK.

and of course gonna bring my JH Audio Roxannes for the plane ride & for checkin' out new gear!

Between those cans, and my trusty LCD-XCs I think I'll be covered to check out stuff and report on it.
@warrenpchi
 and I are hoping to get some live-blogging going at Audio360.org during CanJam this year!

We'll be checking out some new stuff the night before the show kicks off - so we hope to have those impressions up on the site late-night Thurs night!

PSYCHED for CanJam this year - will be great to see you all, listen to some GREAT tunes on new gear,
and kick back and have some FUN.  I need it!!!!

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #138 of 340
I hope I am invited to that
biggrin.gif

dude I'm psyched you're coming bro!
I'm proud of you man.

Will be great to have you w/ us in Denver!

My cousin Kenny always comes - though we got some seriously bad news about his health,
he's fighting to make it.

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #139 of 340
So I live about 30 minutes away from Denver, but I'm just now getting into 'real' headphones. Would it still be a good idea for me to come, even though I have almost no clue what I'm doing? It's kind of intimidating...

Also, is it free or do I need a ticket?

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #141 of 340
So I live about 30 minutes away from Denver, but I'm just now getting into 'real' headphones. Would it still be a good idea for me to come, even though I have almost no clue what I'm doing? It's kind of intimidating...

Yes, you should DEFINITELY come... before you get deeper into the hobby and start spending all kinds of money on trial and error.  Come on down and join us.  You get to listen to a whole bunch of stuff without having to buy all of it.  And we're plenty friendly. 
smile.gif
  Come say hi to Jude and pick his brains for advice if you like.  You won't have any trouble spotting him, he looks like this:
 ​
 ​
See, he even looks friendly!

-Warren

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #142 of 340
dude I'm psyched you're coming bro!
I'm proud of you man.

Will be great to have you w/ us in Denver!

My cousin Kenny always comes - though we got some seriously bad news about his health,
he's fighting to make it.

I saw that on facebook, I hope he can make it. Can't wait to see you again seeing how you missed the LA meet.

Yes, you should DEFINITELY come... before you get deeper into the hobby and start spending all kinds of money on trial and error.  Come on down and join us.  You get to listen to a whole bunch of stuff without having to buy all of it.  And we're plenty friendly.  :smile:   Come say hi to Jude and pick his brains for advice if you like.  You won't have any trouble spotting him, he looks like this:

See, he even looks friendly!

-Warren

Nice picture of jude, now where are the jude shirts?

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #143 of 340
I saw that on facebook, I hope he can make it. Can't wait to see you again seeing how you missed the LA meet.
Nice picture of jude, now where are the jude shirts?

shirts, period!!

Like the first LA Head-Fi Meet T's - those were DOPE

gonna work w/ Marjorie next year on the RMAF t-shirts,
bring back the speakers or headphones - and the rock-n-roll girlie w/ the big fro 
biggrin.gif

decided on one of my portable rigs for CanJam at RMAF!

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #144 of 340
  shirts, period!!

Like the first LA Head-Fi Meet T's - those were DOPE

gonna work w/ Marjorie next year on the RMAF t-shirts,
bring back the speakers or headphones - and the rock-n-roll girlie w/ the big fro 
biggrin.gif

decided on one of my portable rigs for CanJam at RMAF!

Mike - Looks good. Definitely want to try the Alpha Dogs while I'm there as I need a good pair of closed phones. 

And separately, being a first-time RMAF/CanJam attendee this year do most people bring any gear with them? Was considering dusting off my travel case and bringing my LCD-3F's with me so I could trial gear using my cans, but don't know if it's worth the effort. I have the feeling that most vendors wouldn't have a problem with it, but just wanted to ask some of you who have experience with the shows. 

Thanks! mscott58

Sep 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #145 of 340
There are plans for a mini meet in the atrium. Still need to nail down the time, though.

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #146 of 340

Mike - Looks good. Definitely want to try the Alpha Dogs while I'm there as I need a good pair of closed phones. 

And separately, being a first-time RMAF/CanJam attendee this year do most people bring any gear with them? Was considering dusting off my travel case and bringing my LCD-3F's with me so I could trial gear using my cans, but don't know if it's worth the effort. I have the feeling that most vendors wouldn't have a problem with it, but just wanted to ask some of you who have experience with the shows. 

Thanks! mscott58

I ALWAYS bring a couple portable rigs - just to have,
1 hotel room rig,

and, VERY important: Bring reference cans for trying out new gear!! 
wink.gif

There are plans for a mini meet in the atrium. Still need to nail down the time, though.

NICE!
Maybe I'll bring somethin' else then too!

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #147 of 340
Hey,

I notice that Red Wine is on the Scavenger hunt list, but they are not listed on the exhibitor list. Are we supposed to stop at the Vinnie Rossi table?

Thanks,

Allan

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #148 of 340
I ALWAYS bring a couple portable rigs - just to have,
1 hotel room rig,

and, VERY important: Bring reference cans for trying out new gear!! :wink:
NICE!
Maybe I'll bring somethin' else then too!

You wouldnt happen to be bring the HiFi M8? I would like to hear it with my D600 balanced as I am looking for more portable gear.

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #149 of 340
  Hey,

I notice that Red Wine is on the Scavenger hunt list, but they are not listed on the exhibitor list. Are we supposed to stop at the Vinnie Rossi table?

Thanks,

Allan

Yup!  
smile.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #150 of 340
You wouldnt happen to be bring the HiFi M8? I would like to hear it with my D600 balanced as I am looking for more portable gear.

I will bet Michael has a M8 at the CEntrance booth, as they did last year.
note that the M8 does have a 4pin connector but it is not a balanced amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back