2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list has been finalized, and what a lineup!
Aug 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 340

Buy your plane ticket. (Or plan your drive, if you're driving.) Book your hotel room (click here for info on the hotel and other nearby hotels). Get your ears ready. We've finalized the list of exhibitors at 2014 CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and here they are (in alphabetical order):

1. Abyss Headphones / JPS Labs
  1. Alclair
  1. ALO Audio
  1. Astell & Kern
  1. Audeze
  1. Aurisonics
  1. Avatar Acoustics / iFi Audio
  1. Bang & Olufsen A/S
  1. beyerdynamic
  1. Blue Microphones (Mo-Fi)
  1. Bluesound
  1. Cavalli Audio
  1. CEntrance
  1. Comply
  1. Concert Fidelity
  1. Clear Tunes Monitors
  1. Cypher Labs LLC
  1. Fostex / American Music & Sound
  1. HeadAmp
  1. HiFiMAN
  1. Jaben
  1. JDS Labs
  1. JH Audio
  1. Kirmuss & Associates/Obravo
  1. Koss
  1. Light Harmonic
  1. Moon Audio
  1. MrSpeakers
  1. NAD Electronics
  1. Noble Audio
  1. OPPO
  1. Pendulumic
  1. PS Audio
  1. PSB Speakers
  1. RBH
  1. RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics)
  1. Schiit Audio
  1. Sennheiser
  1. Simaudio Ltd.
  1. Sony
  1. The Audio Nerd
  1. TTVJ / Meridian
  1. Ultimate Ears (UE) / Logitech
  1. V-MODA
  1. Vinnie Rossi
  1. Westone
  1. Woo Audio
  1. WyWires, LLC

It's going to be our biggest CanJam ever, with more exhibitors than we've ever had, and the number of new product announcements and reveals will also be unprecedented! Stay tuned, and bookmark this thread.

Here's a preview video for this year's CanJam!

Once again, we’ll be having a Saturday Night Social in the Rocky Mountain Event Center, with free local brew on tap, and entertainment to be announced soon.

Click here to see a complete list of exhibitors at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, both inside and outside the CanJam area. Is there a DAC, turntable, CD player, loudspeaker, or any other type of high-end audio component you want to hear?  Chances are it'll be at RMAF. You’ll also be able to enjoy great music, discussion panels and keynotes, and, of course, the camaraderie of having thousands of like-minded audio geeks in the same place for a whole weekend!

Again, subscribe to this thread to keep abreast of updates and announcements, and the upcoming sneak peaks Head-Fi TV episode!

We'll see you in Denver, October 10-12, 2014!

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 340

As part of CanJam 2014, we are holding a Scavenger Hunt and Giveaway (SHaG), where you can win amazing audio gear. Here's how it works:

1. You must pick up a SHaG card at CanJam @ RMAF. This card will fit in your event badge holder. Keep in mind that we will only have a limited number of cards (2000).
  2. The SHaG card will have the logos of the exhibitors participating in the CanJam SHaG on it.
  3. As you make your way through CanJam, make sure to stop by each and every participating exhibitor (again, identified by their logos on the SHaG card). Each SHaG exhibitor you visit can validate their logo on your card (with either a specially designated punch or stamp). We are encouraging the SHaG exhibitors to only validate your card after you have given a sincere listen/audition at their exhibit, or some other task for you to complete there.
  4. Once your SHaG card is completely validated by every SHaG exhibitor, turn it in at the Head-Fi table in the main CanJam exhibit area (the hotel ballroom called the Rocky Mountain Event Center). Your completely validated SHaG card will serve as your valid entry to win the SHaG prizes donated by the SHaG exhibitors.
  5. Winners will be chosen at random from the valid entries, and the winners notified after the event (if we are unable to notify the winners at CanJam), and the prizes shipped directly by the participating SHaG exhibitors.
  6. Only one completed SHaG entry card per attendee is allowed.
  7. There is a maximum of one prize per valid SHaG entry.
  8. CanJam exhibitors and their staff are ineligible.

We did something sort of similar at a previous CanJam @ RMAF, and it was a lot of fun, encouraged visits to the participating exhibitors, and resulted in a lot of amazing prizes won by attendees. The California (SoCal and NorCal) Head-Fi Meet organizers @warrenpchi and @third_eye evolved this giveaway model further, which inspired this year's CanJam SHaG.

So what are the prizes? Here is the current list, which may be added to over the next couple of days:

1. Abyss Headphones & JPS Labs: JPS Labs Superconductor V USB cable 1.0 meter (x3), valued at $699.00 each.
  2. Alclair: Alclair Reference Custom In-ear Monitor, valued at $399.00.
  3. ALO Audio: 3 x Rx Mk3-B+ amps ($649.00 each, for a total of $1,947.00)
  4. Aurisonics:  TBD
  5. Audio Nerd: Lambert Class A headphone amplifier, valued at $499.00.
  6. Bang & Olufsen: B&O BeoPlay H6 headphones, valued at $399.00.
  7. Bang & Olufsen: B&O BeoPlay H3 in-ear headphones, valued at $199.00.
  8. Beyerdynamic:  Custom One Pro (Limited Edition), valued at $229.00.
  9. Cavalli Audio: One pair of premium NOS (new old stock) Hytron JAN-CHY-6SN7GT (1951) tubes, valued at $300.00 to $400.00.
  10. Clear Tune Monitors: Clear Tune Monitors CT-200 custom in-ear monitors, valued at $350.00.
  11. Comply: 5 x Custom IEM foam wraps ($17.95 each, for a subtotal of $89.75; 10 x TX-Series tips ($19.95 each, for a subtotal of $199.50). Total: $289.25.
  12. Concert Fidelity: Concert Fidelity Si2 DAC, valued at $1260.00.
  13. Fostex (w/AM&S): Fostex TE-05 (x2), valued at $199.00 each.
  14. HeadAmp: HeadAmp Pico DAC/Amp in orange color, valued at $499.00.
  15. HiFiMAN: HiFiMAN HM-700 with RE-600B, the combo valued at $499.00.
  16. ifi Audio (w/Avatar Acoustics):  iFi Micro iDSD, valued at $499.00.
  17. JDS Labs: JDS Labs O2+ODAC Combo ($279.00) with Fischer FA-003TI-W ($649.00), package valued at $928.00.
  18. JDS Labs: JDS Labs C5D ($249.00) with Fischer TBA-04 ($299.00), package valued at $548.00.
  19. JH Audio: JH Audio Roxanne Universal, valued at $1299.00.
  20. Koss: Koss ESP950, valued at $999.99.
  21. LH/Geek: Winner's choice of LH Labs GeekOut (450/M/EM), value up to $299.00.
  22. MIT Cables: $500 Gift Certificate to their web store, valued at $500.00.
  23. Moon Audio: Moon Audio 4.5' Blue Dragon USB cable, valued at $115.00.
  24. MrSpeakers: Alpha Dog headphones, valued at $599.00.
  25. Noble Audio: Noble custom in-ear monitor, model to be specified later.
  26. OPPO: OPPO PM-2, valued at $699.00.
  27. Pendulumic: Pendulumic STANCE S1, valued at $199.00.
  28. RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics): RHA T10i, valued at $199.00.
  29. Schiit Audio: Schiit Audio Asgard 2, valued at $249.00.
  30. Schiit Audio: Schiit Audio Bifrost Über with USB, valued at $519.00.
  31. Schiit Audio: Schiit that will be revealed at CanJam, so can't be named here yet.
  32. Sennheiser:  Sennheiser Urbanite (valued $199.95), Sennheiser Momentum (valued at $299), Sennheiser HD 600 (valued at $399.95).
  33. Ultimate Ears: Any UE custom IEM of your choice excluding the UEPRM (BYOI, bring your own impressions) -or- an Ultimate Ears UE900s if you don't want to deal with the hassle of impressions, value up to $1,350.00 (depending on choice).
  34. Vinnie Rossi (a.k.a. Red Wine Audio): $500 off any configuration of a product that has not been announced yet.
  35. V-MODA: V-MODA VAMP VERZA, valued at $598.00.
  36. V-MODA: V-MODA XS, valued at $212.00.
  37. Westone:  W40 Earphone, valued at $599.00.
  38. WyWires: Any WyWires headphone cable of your choice (with value up to $500.00).

And since several of you have been asking what the card looks like (i.e. how many validation stamps you'll need and from whom), here is a preview of what your SHaG validation card looks like:

Cool Tip:  Great care has been taken to make sure that this card fits into your name badge holder, so that you can store it there when not in use - but also to have it within easy reach when you do need it.

If you haven't already made your plans to attend Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, there's still plenty of time to do so. Make sure to visit www.audiofest.net for more information, and to register for Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (admission for which gets you into CanJam).

Since I'm not eligible to win any of this, I hope you do! See you there!

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 340
i'm so tempted to buy a ticket to the states, a one way that is

can i have a desktop size photo of the one with the two audeze's booth ladies from the mosaic (upper right corner)?

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 340

can i have a desktop size photo of the one with the two audeze's booth ladies from the mosaic (upper right corner)?

I have first dibs, not sorry. :) Answered before I read thoroughly ……. should take my time when reading on a mobile :)

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 340

I have first dibs, not sorry. :)

pic or it didn't happen
wink_face.gif

p.s. you got yourself a pm Mr.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #14 of 340

/img/vimeo_logo.png 

biggrin.gif

There's a very technical term in the marketing industry that describes all the information we've been seeing about the Mo-Fi. Umm, starts with an h and ends with ype. :)

I look forward to actually seeing it. I was rather disappoint at the teaser they had at CES, so seeing and hearing it will be cool. Might be the first place I go on the first day so I can avoid the crowds!

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #15 of 340
  There's a very technical term in the marketing industry that describes all the information we've been seeing about the Mo-Fi. Umm, starts with an h and ends with ype. :)

My part of that video was shot last winter, so you can imagine there was almost nothing I was allowed to say about it back then (or now, for the moment). I'm guessing that the other two gentlemen were also asked not to say much specific about Mo-Fi.

Yes, at CES there was little revealed. They've done a great job keeping this one under wraps.

We'll be talking about it soon, though.

I look forward to seeing you in Denver, Allan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back