2013 SF Bay Area (Changfest?) Meet Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #181 of 225
Quote:
Oh man.  I guess the table that I set up does represent my gear...

Got a deal that I could not pass up and now have a Balancing Act on the way.  
redface.gif

(Will also run with KR PX4 tubes and the driver tube that was in the BA at the meet was mine. So should sound the same!)

Congratulations CT.  Really enjoyed that BA at your table.  

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #183 of 225
Quote:
XD I think that was my 900x, sorry.... =[ didn't think anyone wanted to try it, I had it on the table for a while and no one seem interested so I put it back in my backpack and took it around with me

Quote:
That was your Edition 8 I completely forgot to listen to, wasn't it? Dang it!

Maybe we could have a mini-meet comparing the 900x, ED8 and Mad dogs.  I'll bring the burritos and beer.  
size]

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #184 of 225
Quote:
I knew I missed some stuff, but it looks like I missed a lot of brilliant stuff.  Definitely have to make next years as well...

Yes!  And as far as I'm concerned, I still own ya one. 
wink.gif

Quote:
Heavy sigh, I missed that T5P also...

LOL, that thing was just inches away from you for about an hour or so!

Quote:
If I knew there would be people who like to hear "new" sound, I would have begged my dad to let me lug along his vintage Pioneer SE-50...

Maybe next time. Plus I'm recabling my ES10 now after hearing that T5P. The modding bug really bit me hard after that one.

It would have been the only SE-50 at the meet.  Maybe the only SE-50 in several years worth of meets. 
smile.gif

Wait, I know it's kind of beating a dead horse, but you do remember that there were other things done to it right?  BTW, are you recabling yourself, or having someone else do it?

Quote:
That was your Edition 8 I completely forgot to listen to, wasn't it? Dang it!

LOL, again, mere inches away. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Maybe we could have a mini-meet comparing the 900x, ED8 and Mad dogs.  I'll bring the burritos and beer.  
size]

I'll try to bring a Meridian next time (just for the MD pairing).  Wait a tick, aren't you like all far away and stuff?

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #185 of 225
Quote:

size]

People wanted to listen to the Edition 8? Man, I had one in my bag all that time...

I'm totally up for a mini-meet though.

If anyone around the bay has a pair of SR007 I can try... that'll be awesome.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #187 of 225
Quote:
Oh man.  I guess the table that I set up does represent my gear...

Got a deal that I could not pass up and now have a Balancing Act on the way.  
redface.gif

(Will also run with KR PX4 tubes and the driver tube that was in the BA at the meet was mine. So should sound the same!)

CEE TEE, you are out of control... :)

What are you planning to do with your super-7?  I need to hear your new setup one of these days.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #188 of 225
^Wanted to spend more time with my own table comparison.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Enjoying the Super 7 right now, not sure what I'll do with both amps after having them both in-house for a while...

Super 7 is a <great> amp, especially for those willing to work with the tubes to find preferred tonality & presentation.  (Changing some capacitors pushed it over-the-top for me.)

Could have been quite happy but my chance for a BA came about (as someone else wants to upgrade Eddie Current amps too).

Might be able to let go of the S7 after enough time with the BA.  We'll see! 

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #191 of 225
Sounds like he lived here and is moving in 9 days.

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #193 of 225
Quote:
Quote:
size]

People wanted to listen to the Edition 8? Man, I had one in my bag all that time...

I think one of the things that happens at meets - especially for those of us new to meets - is that we get there and see all this mythical gear that we've heard of but never heard.  We become dumbfounded and fall into paralysis.  It's like wandering into a field of unicorn and forgetting to bag one of those suckers while we're there.

Quote:

Yes, sadly I've moved to Canada.  But I'll be in the Bay Area for another 9 days with my ED8, LCD-2, a car & access to chimichangas.  

Don't think I'll have anything new by then, plus I'm stuck down in L.A. now.

Quote:
Sounds like he lived here and is moving in 9 days.

IIRC, I think he moved a little while ago, but was back for a visit or a trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back