2013 SF Bay Area (Changfest?) Meet Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #16 of 225
Quote:
Thanks Purrin for organizing a great meet!!  Met some new folks and really got to hear some great rigs.

Theres something about the K1000, I always leave meets wanting one.

I get that same urge as well since the experience is a lot of fun.  If I ever get my own place where I can have a dedicated listening room...  

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #17 of 225
Thanks Purrin for organizing a great meet!!  Met some new folks and really got to hear some great rigs.

Theres something about the K1000, I always leave meets wanting one.

I spent a bit of time with it today as well. I'd love to have one, but it requires a bunch of power, and it is so open, one needs a quiet place to listen. My life is 67% pandemonium, 33% sleep - on a good day!

What a great meet!

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #18 of 225
Looks like a good one!  Horio, your builds are really nice.  Who's Sigmas are those?  I've never seen a set of Sigmas with the Nova style headband before...that looks pretty slick. I'll try to make it next time around!
beerchug.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #21 of 225
Quote:

Sweet!  I wonder if that's the pair of HE-5LEs headed my way?  
size]

Well, I have been considering possibly trading/selling them... 
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #25 of 225
Quote:
The TH900's probably are the best dynamic headphones I've heard.
Very smooth, lush midrange, natural treble and very wide soundstage.

I saw someone walking around with that...next thing you know I couldn't find him anymore... >.> wanted to try it out

still can't get over with how good that T5p sounded....

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #26 of 225
Quote:
Well, I have been considering possibly trading/selling them... 
wink.gif

Oops.  Sorry to get your pair confused.  Shipsupt, who was present at the meet is here from the U.K. and going to be sending his HE-5LEs to me from a purchase.  Personally, if you are thinking of moving the HE-5LEs along, I'd seriously reconsider the motives.  Well, that is unless  you have something better to make a leap for.  Some of the HifiMAN models are real gems.  Best to you.

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #28 of 225
Quote:

Oops.  Sorry to get your pair confused.  Shipsupt, who was present at the meet is here from the U.K. and going to be sending his HE-5LEs to me from a purchase.  Personally, if you are thinking of moving the HE-5LEs along, I'd seriously reconsider the motives.  Well, that is unless  you have something better to make a leap for.  Some of the HifiMAN models are real gems.  Best to you.

Ah, yeah those were mines in the pic. Honestly, I just found them to be too similar to my HD800's, with the HD800's besting them in about every category (except for bass quantity), so I never really bother listening to them them anymore. They're still my favorite hifiman below the HE-6 though.

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #29 of 225
I loved the sound of the TH900 and am really grateful for the owner bringing them to the meet for others to hear. This was the first time I had heard them. Best closed headphone currently made in my opinion.
Quote:
The TH900's probably are the best dynamic headphones I've heard.
Very smooth, lush midrange, natural treble and very wide soundstage.

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #30 of 225
Had another great time at the meet.

It was nice to meet and chat with fellow head-fi members :) 

I wish I had more time to listen to every station. I was very impressed with MrSpeaker's mad dogs as well as how the burson amp pairs with the HD650. 

Can't wait till next year's meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back