2013 Hi-Fi Christmas Thread
Dec 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AHorseNamedJeff

Headphoneus Supremus
Howdy!
As y'all know, the holidays are coming up and that mean more expensive gifts than usual! What are y'all asking Santa for? What are y'all getting for others? And on the 25th, what'd y'all get? Christmas general!

Note, not to be confused with the 2013 Holiday Gift Exchange HEREhttp://www.head-fi.org/t/690854/2013-head-fi-holiday-gift-exchange

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 7
My fiancee is likely to get me a Schiit Vali and possibly a new cable for my HE-400. I'm getting her a Kindle Paperwhite, and I'm going to re-paint her HE-300, or have someone cut some custom cups for her.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 7
Custom cups for HE-300, awesome!
Awhile ago I had plans to make a custom Grado for my (then) girlfriend, but we broke up a few weeks later...

This Christmas I'm gunning for a new turntable for my Santa present (leaning towards the Pro-Ject Debut III). My uncle promised a few months ago to get me a custom tube amp from his coworker that makes amps, but I don't know if that plan has actually been set into motion. Also trying to get a Schiit ModiPystVali setup.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 7
Custom cups for HE-300, awesome!
Awhile ago I had plans to make a custom Grado for my (then) girlfriend, but we broke up a few weeks later...

This Christmas I'm gunning for a new turntable for my Santa present (leaning towards the Pro-Ject Debut III). My uncle promised a few months ago to get me a custom tube amp from his coworker that makes amps, but I don't know if that plan has actually been set into motion. Also trying to get a Schiit ModiPystVali setup.

Well we've been together three years now (a year of which was long distance. . they can work, people!) so hopefully that's not like to happen with us. :p I'm slowly getting her into my addiction. She really loves her HE-300, which are pink.

Oh man .. turntables are probably where I'm headed someday but I have not delved into that just yet. I considered getting the PYST for my Magni/Modi but sprang for a Blue Jeans Cable interconnect and I love it.

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 7
Getting a proper new case for my Rickenbacker, so no headphones this xmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back