2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Nov 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #108 of 231
Ok guys, i'm in too!

Living near Zurich, Switzerland. Europe or worldwide also possible. will send Hybrid SACD!

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #110 of 231
In! Did a blind mixtape(CD) exchange for a while. Can't wait to be surprised and enlightened again.
EDIT: Scratch that. Sorry. Second examination of funds reveals deficiencies. I must remove myself from this year's exchange. :frowning2: Sorry for any confusion. Will start saving now to make up for it next year. Apologies. I'd love to see what kind of stuff people end up with though and what their impressions are.

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #113 of 231
Seems like matching music tastes would be most unlikely to happen.

Still, the cameraderie achieved would probably trump over a CD or LP that might be rapidly relegated to your collection.

I'm listening to Modest Mouse's We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank as I type this. Any sympathetic chords struck out there?  Anyone? Anyone?  Ferris?  Cujo? 

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #116 of 231
Quote:
In! Did a blind mixtape(CD) exchange for a while. Can't wait to be surprised and enlightened again.

No mix CDs please. Mix CDs constitute piracy.

And a reminder for everyone else: please note that this is a gift exchange, not an exchange of items you no longer want. Typically the point of a gift is to get something in mind for someone else....

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #118 of 231
No mix CDs please. Mix CDs constitute piracy.

And a reminder for everyone else: please note that this is a gift exchange, not an exchange of items you no longer want. Typically the point of a gift is to get something in mind for someone else....

Sorry if I was adding to confusion -- just saying how much I enjoyed getting music I never heard before. This is my first time in the Head-Fi exchange. The mix exchange was a Facebook group, I think.

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #120 of 231
I'm in. Though I don't own a lot of audio equipment, I like lots of different genres of music, and would love to be introduced to something I've never heard before.

I live in Brazil, but would prefer international shipping, to get in touch with people from around the world (I think that's the reason of this community).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back