2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Nov 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #61 of 231
Quote:
If you have a computer, you can play CDs (or in your case, rip CDs for your digital collection). Headphones or other hardware aren't part of the Holiday Gift Exchange - this is purely a "software" gift exchange.

I see, I suppose I'm out in that case, I don't have a DVD drive in my computer to play/rip CDs.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #64 of 231
Count me in too! CONUS preferred, but international can work too :D.

Thomas

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #65 of 231
I see, I suppose I'm out in that case, I don't have a DVD drive in my computer to play/rip CDs.

You don't need to be out - as long as you let your 'partner' know, I'm sure they can buy a digital download, and send you the code. That's what happened with me last year. I sent him a CD from NZ. He bought me a digital download. And I got introduced to a great artist I'd never heard before :)

Once your partner is drawn/advised - just work it out with them.

BTW - all you guys stating CONUS only - you do realise that there are online stores that will deliver worldwide right? And there are services that allow gifting a digital download. We - on the outskirts of the globe - have no issues delivering our stuff halfway around the world. And especially as we are all one community (and it is Xmas) - why not just see where the draw takes you? And that way you aren't limiting yourself to communicating with someone only in your backyard.

Food for thought.

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #66 of 231
Quote:
Quote:

You don't need to be out - as long as you let your 'partner' know, I'm sure they can buy a digital download, and send you the code. That's what happened with me last year. I sent him a CD from NZ. He bought me a digital download. And I got introduced to a great artist I'd never heard before
smily_headphones1.gif

Once your partner is drawn/advised - just work it out with them.

BTW - all you guys stating CONUS only - you do realise that there are online stores that will deliver worldwide right? And there are services that allow gifting a digital download. We - on the outskirts of the globe - have no issues delivering our stuff halfway around the world. And especially as we are all one community (and it is Xmas) - why not just see where the draw takes you? And that way you aren't limiting yourself to communicating with someone only in your backyard.

Food for thought.

My thought was just that if I got someone on the outskirts of the world, I'd be spending more on shipping, and less on the gift. But, I'm not shipping this, the seller is. You are right, editing my post now!

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #67 of 231
Quote:
My thought was just that if I got someone on the outskirts of the world, I'd be spending more on shipping, and less on the gift. But, I'm not shipping this, the seller is. You are right, editing my post now!

Me to, my mistake. Worldwide for me, editing original post...

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #68 of 231
I apologize, but something has come up and I won't be able to attend this year. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #69 of 231
I like to be involved

London
England
Great Britain.

What I'd like is some HD tracks, in the UK we can't download these,
happy to swap for some good UK vinyl!

tim

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #70 of 231

Digital of course is an option or your partner could rip it for you and invest in a $1-2 flash drive too. International shipping via USPS for a CD is extremely easy and cheap, don't be scared to share with the world you lazy CONUSers! :p

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #71 of 231
Quote:
I'm in. 

*Cough* I've had two strange dreams in the past few of nights....In the first one, Santa was holding the Norah Jones vinyl album Feels Like Home (I recall it was an original recording that had been remastered...). In the second dream, I was opening a gift that appeared to be an LP, but the dream abruptly ended because I fell out of bed and hit my head 
eek.gif

Whoever I pair with, Santa will bring you vinyl of a similar artist & genre (soothing jazz with female vocals that will make your heart melt), or we can coordinate something that you've dreamed about recently. 

*Note: Santa was last seen on Amazon, and recalls the item he was looking at was around $35-$40. He may have thought that was a tad expensive, but he knew that he would be reimbursed with a gift of similar value. 

If this in any way violates the Christmas, Chanukah, or Kwanzaa spirit, I apologize. And if so, I'd prefer an LP that is similar to the [earlier] music of the lovely artist to whom I referenced above. 

Maybe I'm just different, but I'd like to be surprised with an album I've never heard of, or would never think to give a listen. I oft get bored listening to the same stuff over and over again, I love it when people introduce me to new stuff, even if I hate it, at least it's new to me!

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #72 of 231
Quote:
Maybe I'm just different, but I'd like to be surprised with an album I've never heard of, or would never think to give a listen. I oft get bored listening to the same stuff over and over again, I love it when people introduce me to new stuff, even if I hate it, at least it's new to me!

+1

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #73 of 231
Quote:
I'm in. 

*Cough* I've had two strange dreams in the past few of nights....In the first one, Santa was holding the Norah Jones vinyl album Feels Like Home (I recall it was an original recording that had been remastered...). In the second dream, I was opening a gift that appeared to be an LP, but the dream abruptly ended because I fell out of bed and hit my head 
eek.gif

Whoever I pair with, Santa will bring you vinyl of a similar artist & genre (soothing jazz with female vocals that will make your heart melt), or we can coordinate something that you've dreamed about recently. 

*Note: Santa was last seen on Amazon, and recalls the item he was looking at was around $35-$40. He may have thought that was a tad expensive, but he knew that he would be reimbursed with a gift of similar value. 

If this in any way violates the Christmas, Chanukah, or Kwanzaa spirit, I apologize. And if so, I'd prefer an LP that is similar to the [earlier] music of the lovely artist to whom I referenced above. 

That's also my feeling. I have in previous years received local things from my partners area/country, things I had never heard of and therefor would never have bought. Some I liked, some I didn't. I will be sending something local Danish to my partner (it might not be in Danish though). However agreeing on genre might be an idea as there are things I know that I REALLY don't like

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #74 of 231
Quote:
That's also my feeling. I have in previous years received local things from my partners area/country, things I had never heard of and therefor would never have bought. Some I liked, some I didn't. I will be sending something local Danish to my partner (it might not be in Danish though). However agreeing on genre might be an idea as there are things I know that I REALLY don't like

I also like being surprised as it can be a good way to be introduced to a new artist\album that I would never have found before. However, although my tastes are very varied and open to new areas...there are a couple of genres that I just cannot get into.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #75 of 231
I'm in! World wide is fine by me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back