2012 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest) -- Come and hang out with thousands of fellow audio enthusiasts!
Sep 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #121 of 222
I've been to RMAF four times and I didn't even know CanJam existed until the end of last year. I would say it hasn't been advertised too well. I went to hear the large speaker systems.
Anyway I don't have headphones, etc., but I think this is a great opportunity to see and hear what is available. I don't see Bryston on the list.  I wanted to hear their new amp. It may be in one of their dealer's rooms.
Anne Bisson of Blue Mind fame is singing Friday night. I think she is sensational. For those who haven't been before there are inexpensive hotels a few miles away if you don't mind having a car. The first time I went in 2006 it snowed overnight.  

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #122 of 222
Quote:
Just joined Head-Fi and based on the many helpful observations in this thread (and many others on the forum) decided to go to CanJam @ RMAF before investing in some CIEM.  It seems like the "cheapest" way to try lots of options back to back.  I am hoping this trip helps me skip over buying several set of CIEMs on my 'journey' to the best sound I can discern/afford.  Maybe I'll get lucky with a meeting discount 
smile.gif

Also if you are looking for a deal on a rental car at Denver International Airport.  Hertz has a $14.95/ day special on economy cars, further discounted if you have AAA.  

Hi Kauai, I can't find this deal. Did you go through AAA or Hertz?

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #123 of 222
Quote:
I've been to RMAF four times and I didn't even know CanJam existed until the end of last year. I would say it hasn't been advertised too well. I went to hear the large speaker systems.
Anyway I don't have headphones, etc., but I think this is a great opportunity to see and hear what is available. I don't see Bryston on the list.  I wanted to hear their new amp. It may be in one of their dealer's rooms.
Anne Bisson of Blue Mind fame is singing Friday night. I think she is sensational. For those who haven't been before there are inexpensive hotels a few miles away if you don't mind having a car. The first time I went in 2006 it snowed overnight.  

Drew from Moon-Audio will have the Bryston gear at his booth for CanJam

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #124 of 222
Yeah Drew from Moon-audio.con will have the Bryston stuff. I'll be rockin his Silver Dragon IEM cables for my JHAudio JH-13 Pros & LOD cable for my IPod. He makes killer cables. And: its very hard to miss the Canjam!

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #125 of 222
Things are currently being worked out, but I might have my BHSE at RMAF, set up at the HeadAmp vendor table, loaded with the Genalex Gold Lion KT77s instead of the stock Mullard EL34 tubes. Should make for an interesting comparison point against the HeadAmp display model with the stock EL34s. I'll have my OII MKI with the BHSE too.

I'm planning on bringing my OII MKI anyway, regardless of the BHSE, so I can get a proper baseline on any other electrostatic amps I run into, as it seems like most vendors prefer using the SR-009. Will let any Head-Fiers listen to it that want to.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #126 of 222
Comparing tubes at a meet like this is going to be tough unless it's an absolute night and day difference.

Quote:
Things are currently being worked out, but I might have my BHSE at RMAF, set up at the HeadAmp vendor table, loaded with the Genalex Gold Lion KT77s instead of the stock Mullard EL34 tubes. Should make for an interesting comparison point against the HeadAmp display model with the stock EL34s. I'll have my OII MKI with the BHSE too.

I'm planning on bringing my OII MKI anyway, regardless of the BHSE, so I can get a proper baseline on any other electrostatic amps I run into, as it seems like most vendors prefer using the SR-009. Will let any Head-Fiers listen to it that want to.

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #128 of 222
Oct 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #129 of 222
Quote:
Hi Kauai, I can't find this deal. Did you go through AAA or Hertz?

Sorry for the slow reply I was traveling.  Here is a link to the deal on Hertz website.  It was a little tricky to reserve.  I added the offer code and searched on the dates I wanted, but the list of cars didn't show a 14.95 rate until I clicked on one of the cars that didn't show a price, but instead required an additional click to see the proposed rate.  Sort of similar to what Amazon does when they don't show the "deal" price until you click through.  

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/q-10327944/$14-99-a-day-weekend-deal-special-offer

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #131 of 222
Hello Dimitri here again re-posting the add (hope no rules are being bent here with due respect to administrator of Headf) 
Only 10 days left till CANJAM show and we are still looking for helper to assit us during show time.
We are more or less interested in Person who is familiar with Fischer Audio line up but that is not a must. If you near by Denver Area or flying to the show anyways, please consider being part of our Booth specially if you are keen on getting some freebies from us in return of your time . Shoot us an email and perhaps we can agree on some deal between us.
Thank you for reading this post. Looking forward to it.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #133 of 222
Quote:
No, unfortunately. Though I'll be at the Dallas Mini Meet over that weekend to numb the pain a little.

Either way it is a room full of gear!  Not all bad...
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #134 of 222
Quote:
Just wondering.. are there any high school student going there? My friend and I decided to go and I'm just wondering if there's any other high school students attending this. ^_^ 

Yes, there are always high school students in attendance, especially Saturday and Sunday, and some are head-fiers.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back