2012 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest) -- Come and hang out with thousands of fellow audio enthusiasts!
Oct 9, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #151 of 222
That's rough. Though I feel like you'd be going to reaffirm your own system. lol

Quote:
I'm sad I can't make it.  I have job interviews.  
frown.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #152 of 222
Quote:
That's rough. Though I feel like you'd be going to reaffirm your own system. lol

The last meet I went to, I spent most of my time standing around talking to people.  At this point, that proposition honestly seems much more interesting than listening to a bunch of gear I'll never own (nor care to own).  It's honestly the people and community that make this forum a great place to be.

redface.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #153 of 222
I totally agree. I definitely like meets for the social interaction more than the gear (especially at this point). I feel as though RMAF might not be quite as good for that as a smaller meet though. 

Quote:

The last meet I went to, I spent most of my time standing around talking to people.  At this point, that proposition honestly seems much more interesting than listening to a bunch of gear I'll never own (nor care to own).  It's honestly the people and community that make this forum a great place to be.

redface.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #154 of 222
Quote:
Head-fi'ers ALO is pleased to be introducing our new flagship headphone amplifier (The Studio Six) at this years CanJam. Please come over to our corner booth and have a listen. The Studio Six will push 4 headphones simultaneously, so come all ye! 

THE ALO AUDIO STUDIO SIX 

In addition we will have these set ups running

Pan Am tube headphone amps all running on "Passport" battery packs. 
The ALO Mk3-b portable balanced headphone amp
The National

Also surprises from Cypher Labs.

Hope to see all in Denver soon.

Ken and Company @ ALO

It will be great to see the gear. What an awesome addition to the ALO stable.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #155 of 222
Does anyone who is coming have an 02 amp that they are bringing?  I need to hear one of these.  PM me if you are bringing one.  I'll have a C421 w/ 8620 chip if anyone would like to hear.

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #158 of 222
Quote:
Does anybody know if JH Audio will be having any deals this year kind they did last year?

I would assume so, considering, y'know, their ads for special deals during CanJam@RMAF2013 are plastered all over the Head-Fi homepage?

Don't know if trolling...

I'm using Tapatalk, but don't have one of those obnoxious "posted from" signatures. I don't see most of the ads. I did some searching specifically for what the deals would be and came up empty handed.

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #159 of 222
Quote:
I'm using Tapatalk, but don't have one of those obnoxious "posted from" signatures. I don't see most of the ads. I did some searching specifically for what the deals would be and came up empty handed.

Gotcha.  They haven't released the details of the deals yet.  I think they're going to post those on Friday.  I'd keep an eye on their website.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #160 of 222
I will be driving into Denver on Thursday and attending the show Friday and Saturday.  I hope to be able to meet some of the members of Head-Fi.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #161 of 222
Quote:

redface.gif

I feel precisely the same way about RMAF/CanJam!!  The audio gear is just a BONUS.  I love the laid-back vibe, getting to spend time w/ friends I don't see too often, and listen to some killer tunes together.
I used to call RMAF "the Grateful Dead show of audio convention" - not because of the free drugs and veggie burritos (MAYBE) but because everybody is in a FAR more chilled-out headspace.

Lookin' forward to seeing everybody there!!
Alex Rosson from Audeze & I will be DJing on a Burmester system (YEAH, I couldn't believe it when I got the call)
on Sat. night following the CanJam Beer Social!  Stop by (its at the Atrium, on the way outta CanJam).  Jude is coming!!

My final travel gear kit:

--for plane--
iPod Classic
Moon Audio LOD-3 cable
ALO RxMK3-B
JH Audio JH-13 Pro IEMS

--for RMAF/hotel--
Audeze LCD3's
ALO Audio Green Cable (w/ different adapters)
MacBook Pro/Amarra
Audioquest Dragonfly (used as DAC)
ALO RxMK3-B (used as head-amp w/ Dragonfly)
Nordost Heimdall iKable

I'm also bringing my HRT Headstreamer as my cousin wants to 
hear it w/ his iPad!

Got LOTS of tunes, ready to ROCK

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #163 of 222
[size=10.0pt]“Head Monster” Noel Lee, will be on hand at CAN JAM to personally introduce and demo Monster’s exciting new collection of premium headphones including Monster DNA, Inspiration and the upcoming Diamond Tears. Noel will be there on Friday, October 12.[/size]

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #164 of 222
Well crap...I am not going to make it (Cost me $150 for the plane ticket cancellation too) Mikemercer, Jazzerdave and the rest....Take a lot of pictures and eat everyone's shrimp for me. I'll have to enjoy it via the web.  
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back