2012 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest) -- Come and hang out with thousands of fellow audio enthusiasts!
Sep 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #91 of 222
Quote:
That reminds me to do a PSA:

Anyone who might be interested in buying headphone gear at the show should attend too. Drew @ Moon Audio usually looks to sell (at discount) everything he brings - which is always a whole lot of stuff! Cables, headphones, amps, sources, the works! He can take credit card & PayPal at the show. So come prepared.
smile.gif

I'm also half-thinking about bringing my electrostatic rig to the show (Plinius CD-101, BHSE, OII MKI) and setting it up at HeadAmp's table (that is, if Justin will have space). Justin will have his own BHSE setup at the show for sure though (probably with the SR-009), so I'm not sure about bringing mine. If there's anyone who'd really like to hear my setup too, let me know.

I have never had he opportunity to hear electrostats. I am looking forward to it at the show. If there is another BHSE there I would not want to ask someone to make the effort to bring another out. Your offer is very generous though!

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #92 of 222
Quote:

Anyone who might be interested in buying headphone gear at the show should attend too. Drew @ Moon Audio usually looks to sell (at discount) everything he brings - which is always a whole lot of stuff! Cables, headphones, amps, sources, the works! He can take credit card & PayPal at the show. So come prepared.
smile.gif

I'm also half-thinking about bringing my electrostatic rig to the show (Plinius CD-101, BHSE, OII MKI) and setting it up at HeadAmp's table (that is, if Justin will have space). Justin will have his own BHSE setup at the show for sure though (probably with the SR-009), so I'm not sure about bringing mine. If there's anyone who'd really like to hear my setup too, let me know.

HifiMan, JHAudio, Westone, Beyerdynamic and others have had special show discounts at previous shows as well.  So anyone who is looking to buy custom IEMs or headphones may be able to get a great deal.  That's not to mention speakers.  There will be show prices on MANY high end speakers at the show as well.

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #93 of 222
Quote:

HifiMan, JHAudio, Westone, Beyerdynamic and others have had special show discounts at previous shows as well.  So anyone who is looking to buy custom IEMs or headphones may be able to get a great deal.  That's not to mention speakers.  There will be show prices on MANY high end speakers at the show as well.

Not only do they have show specials, they usually do take the molds while you're there so you get the best fit.

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #95 of 222
Quote:
Good music surpasses language barriers!
It wouldn't be THAT much of a problem actually. A lot of people speak English, and if they don't then I'm sure you'd still be able to communicate some way or another.
The main problem would be getting enough people. The majority of the people on head-fi are in the US, so it's easiest getting a lot of people.
Right now I'm trying to organize a Netherlands/Belgium meet, and It's going to be tough to even find 20-30 people. And that's an entire two countries combined!

My advice is to just do it regardless of the small initial attendance. You will be surprised at how fast the meets will grow. See if you can find a manufacturer who will host your meet at their facilities. Make an effort to publicize the meet on Head-Fi and follow up with meet impressions including lots of pictures of featured gear.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #96 of 222

or maybe you could put them up for sale in the forum here and sell them much sooner......
that would also allow you to just focus on enjoying the show!

True. They sound nearly identical to an LCD rev2 when paired with decent amping and DAC. They just need more work done to them before I could call them finished. They don't exactly look very good, and the plastic hinges I put into the wood cups are starting to fall out.
I could glue them back in, but where's the fun in that?they need diy love.

RMAF is only a 30 minute drive for me anyway.

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #98 of 222
Psyched!  Just got a brand new Silver Dragon USB (A to mini B) from Moon Audio!  Will be using that with my HRT Headstreamer at RMAF.

So far I'm bringing:

Macbook (running iTunes/Amarra & Amarra Hifi)
iPad
iPhone 4S
iPod Touch

Audioquest Dragonfly
HRT Headstreamer
ALO Rx MK3 - B

Audeze LCD3's
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's (for DJing)
JH Audio JH13 Pro IEMS

Gonna be a GREAT time!!

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #99 of 222
Quote:

oh my, is this really the best place for that?!?
eek.gif
wink.gif

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/detection/PSA

Sep 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #100 of 222
Finally got the flight and room book.  I am a little late this year booking so closest hotel was the Hyatt.  Gives a little time to listen to tunes as I walk over each day.

I did get the package ordered for delivery to Jude for the Saturday night event.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #101 of 222
Quote:
Finally got the flight and room book.  I am a little late this year booking so closest hotel was the Hyatt.  Gives a little time to listen to tunes as I walk over each day.

I did get the package ordered for delivery to Jude for the Saturday night event.

What is the package for?

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #104 of 222
Quote:
Let's just say it goes well with the event snd is made right here in the Heartland. They were also at last year's 10th Anniversary Saturday evening event.

popcorn.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #105 of 222
Quote:
Just confirmed my long-haul flight and room booking as well. We'll show some new products launched at the recent IFA 2012.
Can't wait to meet everyone at CanJam!

Looking forward to seeing your booth! I have been a Sennheiser fan for many years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back