2012 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest) -- Come and hang out with thousands of fellow audio enthusiasts!
Sep 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #76 of 222
We need Head-Fi t-shirts like you guys had in Tokyo!

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #77 of 222
Got my wife and I registered... can't believe I'm going to let her rub elbows with y'all!  Undecided as to bringing some cans or not... hate to lug them around, but I kinda want to hear how they sound on some nicer equipment than what I have.  The Thunderpants are custom and AKG doesn't show, so both pairs will be obsolete as far as vendors supply.  Maybe if I play my cards right, my wife will carry one of the two pair and it won't be such a burden!  So the Can Jam is not at the same locale as the RMAF, correct?  When I map it, it puts Can Jam at the university, about 6 miles north... just trying to clarify so as to arrange transportation... I think Denver had a decent public transport system last time I was there.

Ditto on Head-Fi shirts... c'mon Jude... make them available!

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #78 of 222
Quote:
Got my wife and I registered... can't believe I'm going to let her rub elbows with y'all!  Undecided as to bringing some cans or not... hate to lug them around, but I kinda want to hear how they sound on some nicer equipment than what I have.  The Thunderpants are custom and AKG doesn't show, so both pairs will be obsolete as far as vendors supply.  Maybe if I play my cards right, my wife will carry one of the two pair and it won't be such a burden!  So the Can Jam is not at the same locale as the RMAF, correct?  When I map it, it puts Can Jam at the university, about 6 miles north... just trying to clarify so as to arrange transportation... I think Denver had a decent public transport system last time I was there...

CanJam is in the same hotel as RMAF (Marriott Denver Tech Center). So, in one place, you'll be able to hear and use the best headphone audio gear in the world, and take a short walk to any of the other rooms to hear world-class loudspeaker-driving systems at the main RMAF show.

...Ditto on Head-Fi shirts... c'mon Jude... make them available!...

I'll see what I can come up with at Cafe Press. If I make them, I'll just price the shirts at the lowest possible price (my price), and they'll be able to be purchased from directly from the Cafe Press website. (I guess I better do it quick, then, for anyone who might want to order one to receive in time for the show.)

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #79 of 222
Quote:
I'll see what I can come up with at Cafe Press. If I make them, I'll just price the shirts at the lowest possible price (my price), and they'll be able to be purchased from directly from the Cafe Press website. (I guess I better do it quick, then, for anyone who might want to order one to receive in time for the show.)

Credit card is waiting...
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #82 of 222
You know I'm in for a couple shirts!!

I'll also be bringing my iPad, iPhone, iPod, Macbook, and Audioquest Dragonfly, HRT Headstreamer (Dragonfly for computer, Headstreamer for iPad).
I'm considering buying a new case, just a simply hard-backed case for my iPad, then velcro-ing my Headstreamer to the back, and w/ their host mode
adapter (basically a CCK, I've used the CCk with it too) and having that with me when I walk around so people can hear it.

I'd use my Audeze LCD3 cans, or perhaps bring my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's.  May bring my Audioengine D1 too - too much to consider!!!! 

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #85 of 222
Thanks for the heads up on a show that may have new hardware that was too late to make the Summer 2012 Buying Guide.  Can't make it myself but will stay tuned for reviews of new models - perhaps RMAF will have new 200-300Ω models from any of AKG®, Sennheiser® and beyerdynamic® beyond those already in the Top 100 Over-The-Ear ranking.

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #86 of 222
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on a show that may have new hardware that was too late to make the Summer 2012 Buying Guide.  Can't make it myself but will stay tuned for reviews of new models - perhaps RMAF will have new 200-300Ω models from any of AKG®, Sennheiser® and beyerdynamic® beyond those already in the Top 100 Over-The-Ear ranking.

AKG rarely goes to shows, and won't be at this one AFAIK.  Sennheiser and Beyer will both be there.  I haven't heard that they are introducing any new products though.  Sennheiser will probably be focused on promoting that HD700, though last year they were pimping the HD598, so they may have a midrange model again.  Beyerdynamic usually has show prices on their customized pairs where you can choose the color of everything.  I also think they have a fairly new headphone amp.  But as far as announcing completely new models, probably not.

The headphone market in general doesn't really revolve around timing product releases for trade shows...

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #87 of 222
Dear head-fi users, hello
smily_headphones1.gif
I am from Musicaacoustics and we are debuting at CANJAM opening its doors in a month from today. So exciting indeed!
Will be Showcasing  Fischer Audio gear (from  Russia-with love) among other never heard before audio-deli at American continent.
but we are short on hands  looking for audio enthusiast/voluntary aid for during the show hours.
Preferably someone locally or if you planing to visit the show anyways you are welcome to join us.
for more info please visit link to  Fischer's announcement here
if interested,  please   PM or post a message  here or directly on Fischer's link
Thank you for reading my message. Looking forward to it!

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #89 of 222
Quote:
I'll be there, and maybe I could sell my custom T20RP there in the process. Ya never know!

or maybe you could put them up for sale in the forum here and sell them much sooner......
that would also allow you to just focus on enjoying the show!

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #90 of 222
That reminds me to do a PSA:

Anyone who might be interested in buying headphone gear at the show should attend too. Drew @ Moon Audio usually looks to sell (at discount) everything he brings - which is always a whole lot of stuff! Cables, headphones, amps, sources, the works! He can take credit card & PayPal at the show. So come prepared.
smile.gif

I'm also half-thinking about bringing my electrostatic rig to the show (Plinius CD-101, BHSE, OII MKI) and setting it up at HeadAmp's table (that is, if Justin will have space). Justin will have his own BHSE setup at the show for sure though (probably with the SR-009), so I'm not sure about bringing mine. If there's anyone who'd really like to hear my setup too, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back