2011 Meet in the Netherlands: March 27th, Soest!
Feb 25, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #197 of 323
Okay, this is hopefully completely redundant, but I do hope everyone is aware that the meet is next month (not the coming Sunday). These 28-day months can on occasion be confusing.
smile.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #198 of 323
I'd like to come...

But apart from being ridiculously busy for the last while (and needing to be until pretty much the day before the meet) I currently have NO GEAR AT ALL! Outside of an HD-25, a few sources, and a few mobile amps, I have nothing at all. I planned to get an SRS-2050, but it was discontinued right when I wanted to purchase it. Obviously the SRS-2170 is a ton more expensive...

Anyway, if I happen to find a chance to buy something useful and productive to bring, I will, but I doubt I will if I've nothing to share. It feels rude :wink:.

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #200 of 323
Exactly. For me too, it's unclear if I will have enough time. School takes up so much of my time these days... :-O

Feb 26, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #201 of 323
If you feel rude, bring some cookies :p, but don't worry there are too much headphones per head anyway.

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #202 of 323
Drosera, what about the DT48s?

If you decide to skip on the Beyer I will take my DT48E along since it also works as a portable
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #203 of 323

Quote:
Drosera, what about the DT48s?

If you decide to skip on the Beyer I will take my DT48E along since it also works as a portable
wink.gif

Even though I think the DT48 is a headphone that has a hard time making a favourable impression in meet conditions, I was thinking of at least bringing one. I could bring more than one if you like. The ones in my sig all sound different from each other.

Feb 28, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #204 of 323
I have the 25 ohms DT48E, with newer ear pads and those ear pads already made difference. 

Which version was on your mind?

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #205 of 323

Quote:
I have the 25 ohms DT48E, with newer ear pads and those ear pads already made difference. 

Which version was on your mind?

I would guess you have the version with the older beyerdynamic logo (the one without the soundwaves that are in the current logo)? If so, I'll bring the more recent 25 ohm version. It might be interesting to compare the two.

Incidentally, all my DT48s have new pads and new cables. Both the floppy pads and the stock cable are terrible crimes inflicted on that poor headphone. (IMO, of course.
normal_smile%20.gif
)

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #206 of 323
Are you saying that as much as my stock DT48E is to my liking a recable will make it sound 'improved'? I will bring my DT48 along. If there is a difference I want to have a chance to hear it...

Do you know what is weird? How Sennheiser just almost had a perfect headphone in the HD265 and they went: right, let's compromise it.

If your Beyers take me closer to audio heaven more than my DT48E does Beyerdynamic must have skipped on something important. Pioneer's Monitor 10R, for me borders on everything that is good about the DF, Monitor 10, CD900 ST and DT48E stock while being slightly better allround. 

Mar 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #207 of 323

Quote:
Are you saying that as much as my stock DT48E is to my liking a recable will make it sound 'improved'? I will bring my DT48 along. If there is a difference I want to have a chance to hear it...

Well, that's my experience at least. I noticed all my DT48s improving in almost predictable ways with a new cable. Of course, older headphone cables are something to eye with suspicion anyways, because as cables they get a lot of abuse by always being bent and moved around (very unlike speaker cables, for instance). Over time this completely fragments the strain of the copper wire inside. I've seen K240 Sextett cables which mostly had copper oxide dust inside them.
It should be interesting to compare, I could of course simply be imagining things...
biggrin.gif

Do you know what is weird? How Sennheiser just almost had a perfect headphone in the HD265 and they went: right, let's compromise it. 

Sadly, not that weird, of course. Other companies like Grado and AKG seem to have the wrong ideas when it comes to improvements. I've never hear the HD265, 'almost perfect' is high praise...

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #209 of 323
If you think the HD265 is the perfect headphone you could try the AIAIAI TMA-1. I found them both to share a similar signature. The HD265 was way too bassy for me though, as is the TMA-1. 

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #210 of 323

Quote:
So March the 27th, 10AM in Soest?

I'll be there, and bring along my SR325is and K271 mkII along.

Anyone in Twente I can travel with?

Jep, although some called for a little bit later starting time, like 11.00/12.00
I'd also prefer 12.00 uur, but it's not very important

I'm coming from Voorburg. Henk, can I still ride with you? Den Haag is easier then Delft...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back