2011 Head-Fi Holiday Music Exchange
Dec 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #167 of 196
Anyone here wanna do another with me? I have a nice soul CD you'd like if you are kinda into that stuff :)
SoulSyde I'm willing to go again with you too

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #168 of 196

Quote:
Quote:

I still have your address from our "off-the-books" gift exchange from last year.

You want to do it again this year?  If so, PM me because I have a new address what with the new apartment that I told you all about in our continuing, year-long private message exchange (soon to be available as an Amazon Kindle e-book).

You think we could get money for our political discussions? :D

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #169 of 196
Quote:
You think we could get money for our political discussions? :D

Well, not much money, but maybe a little.  I am a fairly talented diarist-author with a decent writer's resume, and I have never had an international pen-pal to share ideas with in instantaneous, real-time, fashion before meeting you.  So yeah, I might be able to whip our dialog into shape enough to self-publish it in e-book format. I'd need your legal permissions of course, and you would get a chance to edit it before it was "published."   Heck, you know how much stuff I've researched and written for Wikipedia - anybody who checks my Head-Fi profile can see that:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/542143/just-to-get-a-feel-as-to-whos-in-this-community/15#post_7312478

... and Wikipedia has a free, online utility to turn any wiki articles of your choice into a handsome printed volume:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Book&bookcmd=book_creator

So, yeah, we could maybe charge a few pennies for each downloaded copy, and maybe the pennies would add up to some real money. But then again...  I wish Head-Fi had a smiley-face character of someone with their tongue thrust firmly into their cheek (American figure of speech).

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #170 of 196
Got my CD from my partner last night: Sanctuary, by Arvo Part. Can't wait to give it a proper listen tonight. :-D

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #171 of 196

Quote:
Got my CD from my partner last night: Sanctuary, by Arvo Part. Can't wait to give it a proper listen tonight. :-D

Thats a great cd.  I dig Arvo.

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #172 of 196
I love what I've heard of his work before, so I'm pretty excited to actually just sit down with him and give this particular CD my full attention. Classical and modern classical composers have been absent from my collection for too long, so it's nice to finally have the first step taken to filling in the void.

Quote:

Thats a great cd.  I dig Arvo.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #173 of 196
My cd came in the mail today from Palmfish. It is "In Absentia"  by Porcupine Tree. I had never heard of this group and still not sure what I think, but it is growing on me. It reminds me of Tool combined with Pink Floyd.

BTW the recording is amazing on this album. Listening to it with my Beyerdynamics T1 right now.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #174 of 196
I worship the ground Steven Wilson walks on because of the (in my opinion) *fantastic* work that he's done with remastering King Crimson's back-catalog. I should probably give Porcupine Tree a chance, one of these days.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #175 of 196
got my CD yesterday! woot! It's Joe Bonamassa - Live From Nowhere In Particular. Ripping it as I type this, can't wait
biggrin.gif

514QzuK8S2L._SS500_.jpg

Dec 17, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #177 of 196
Dec 17, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #178 of 196

Quote:
My cd came in the mail today from Palmfish. It is "In Absentia"  by Porcupine Tree. I had never heard of this group and still not sure what I think, but it is growing on me. It reminds me of Tool combined with Pink Floyd.

BTW the recording is amazing on this album. Listening to it with my Beyerdynamics T1 right now.

Excellent choice, one of the best records of the last 20 years imho

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #179 of 196

Users who are viewing this thread

Back