2011 College Football Thread
Nov 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #376 of 564
Quote:
Wabash destroyed Depaw in the Monon Bell Classic again this year, and appears to be headed into Div III playoffs.  

And *that* is the extent of what I know about college football. :D

ha!  my wife is a Depauw alum.
So, I've seen the Depauw Tigers play in person.

i misspoke earlier.  LSU plays Ole Miss and Arkansas.
so, at least one of those games is a gimme. 
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #377 of 564
It's probably another year of the south, unless Oregon can make it.

Has anyone picked ISU to upset OK State yet? An ISU win would basically guarantee a rematch in the Title game if LSU holds on. Hopefully State wins and manages to lose to OU, allowing the sooners to sneak in. The trouble, of course, is that LSU in New Orleans is practically an unwinnable game for anyone. Honestly the only team I could see giving them a good game is OSU, and that's only because the Professional plays so well on the road.

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #378 of 564

Quote:
It's probably another year of the south, unless Oregon can make it.

Has anyone picked ISU to upset OK State yet? An ISU win would basically guarantee a rematch in the Title game if LSU holds on. Hopefully State wins and manages to lose to OU, allowing the sooners to sneak in. The trouble, of course, is that LSU in New Orleans is practically an unwinnable game for anyone. Honestly the only team I could see giving them a good game is OSU, and that's only because the Professional plays so well on the road.

Im thinking OSU loses to OU in a few weeks. Not sure if I could put OU in the title game though. Im betting on a rematch between LSU and Bama.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #379 of 564
Hmm... any scenarios where the 'backs throw the whole thing into edit: even more chaos by winning down in the bayou Friday?

Credit to Skylab for the edit 
wink_face.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #380 of 564
I hope that happens. Tons of 1 loss teams. WTB playoff.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #381 of 564
Isn't it already in Chaos after OKST lost to ISU?  I sure think so.  Who plays LSU right now?  Not Bama.  You can't play in the NCG if you don't win your conference championship, right?

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #383 of 564
:D

My Trojans made me proud today!

I'm not happy about the turnovers, but they stuffed the Ducks. If only they had knocked off Stanford. Oh well, that one was damned close. Though ASU deserved their W. Still, it was close to an 11-1 season and (sanctions notwithstanding) a BCS bowl.

And, to be an arrogant jerk, I'm already counting the UCLA game as a win and very much look forward to a solid butchering of UCLA next Saturday. If the defense steps up, a shutout might be possible. I would love that. Though a solid win and sending Neuheisel (and probably AD Guerrero) on his way would be deeply, deeply satisfying.

Recruitment will be good after this season, too. Screw the sanctions, they'll get a good class and hit a BCS bowl next year. Barkley will likely be headed to the NFL, unfortunately, but a good QB recruit will be easy to find.

Though I won't be (officially) a Sundevil until next season, I was a little saddened that they lost to Arizona. No matter. I'll start reading up on them in the offseason and am hoping for a good season next year. I'd love to see them do well.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #384 of 564
Wow...Oregon down, OU down...things are really a mess! Let's hope the Hogs can upset LSU, and then things will REALLY get interesting! I can hear people crying foul in Houston already...

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #385 of 564

Quote:
Wow...Oregon down, OU down...things are really a mess! Let's hope the Hogs can upset LSU, and then things will REALLY get interesting! I can hear people crying foul in Houston already...

Houston doesn't care enough about the Cougars to cry.  They will be very happy just to go to a BCS bowl game.  However, the Houston fans won't be happy enough to actually travel to the game.  Look for a lot of empty seats if this happens.

In other news:  Did RG3 just win the Heisman last night?  Amazing performance.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #386 of 564
I wonder if Robert Griffin III is the a frontrunner for the heisman now. 

I can't believe OU lost to Baylor. I don't blame Bob Stoops for calling the timeout at the end; not when I know that I would have done the same thing. OU's troubles lie, as always, in the secondary. OU also needs to pound the ball more on offense. Hopefully Bob calls me later so that we can go over the gameplan for ISU.

I hope the hogs beat LSU. That would be sweet. 

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #387 of 564
Yeah that was. I watched most of that game.  The tip pass TD was unreal.  

Nov 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #388 of 564

Quote:
And, to be an arrogant jerk, I'm already counting the UCLA game as a win and very much look forward to a solid butchering of UCLA next Saturday. If the defense steps up, a shutout might be possible. I would love that. Though a solid win and sending Neuheisel (and probably AD Guerrero) on his way would be deeply, deeply satisfying.

I seriously doubt it will happen, but if the Bruins somehow beat the Trojans this week they will be in the Pac-12 championship game. So they have something to play for that goes beyond the rivalry.

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #389 of 564
So close.... So many missed opportunities... Two sweet goal line stands from Stanford. If either one had gone Cal's way then they would have arguably won. Oh well. I'm pretty proud of my bears. Maynard can play!

OSU game was exciting! 

I wish I could have seen Oregon USC but it sounds like it was great too.

ASU has self destructed. Good for Cal next week.

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #390 of 564
frown.gif

So who watched the A&M - Texas game? I was there in person. Dissappointing. I suppose we (A&M) really should have routed them, but all those turnovers cost us any chance of that. I suppose some many will complain about the personal foul called at the end (my God we were beyond pissed
mad.gif
) but really our offense is what gave them their chance to win. So, any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back