2011 College Football Thread
Sep 8, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #92 of 564

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the Baylor/Texas AM game. I wonder if there'll be brawls in the stands. 

Oh for sure.  Baylor fans will instigate the fights if A&M has left by then; A&M fans will be the instigators if they have been blocked from leaving still.

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #93 of 564

Quote:
Do the ASU players get that pumped up with new unis?  Oregon would be #1 every year with how much Nike spends on designing their gear
devil_face.gif
  Like you said, Vegas odds are a lot better than what you'll see from writers, but at least it's a home game and ASU fans are among the best in the southwest.

Oregon is the spoiled child that expects new unis and doesn't get excited over them, it's just taken for granted. ASU has been sporting the same look for quite a while, this year is a big change in the logo and uniforms. The kids say they're pumped, so yeah, I think it's something.

I expect OSU to boat race UA tonight. UA lost a lot of guys on both lines, had some key defensive guys get injured in preseason camp on top of that, and Criner looks like a no-go as well. The OSU offense should have their way with them.

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #94 of 564
So I guess I picked OK STATE by 14. I didn't know how high Vegas would go. I'll move my 14 up to 17. 

Also, guess they're not wearing the grey tonight. 

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #95 of 564
First quarter of the Arizona/OK STate wasn't very interesting, but I'll say what I think. First, how is it that OK State always seems to have a good o-line and good runners? The same thing's the case with receivers. Anyhow, the Cowboys played well and Weeden played well. I give 'em props.

Arizona. I thought Mike Stoops would have a better team than that. Wonder if he can survive with job intact after this season. Considering how many games Zona had won before he got there and how many it's won each season since he's been there, I really think he deserves at least a couple of years more. It was kind of a bad job he got and he should have waited for a premier job a la his brother or Muschamp. You should have stayed for the Big 12 championship in 2003, Mike! Maybe Darren Sproles wouldn't have gone off then. 

...Speaking of which.. Man, Darren Sproles sure can run kicks and punts back. That NFL game was exciting. Both teams are legitimate. QBs played terrifically. Defenses will eventually get themselves worked out. 

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #96 of 564
Yeah as much as I love CFB I watched the pro game as soon as it came on - the 'Pokes were already firmly in control.  I remember seeing Sproles a bunch when he was at KState and marveling at him but wondering if his size would mean he couldn't be a good pro.  Far from it.

Latest conference craziness I heard is that only A&M will leave the Big 12 and BYU will replace them!  It's like a merry-go-round.

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #97 of 564
BYU should be a good fit in the Big 12.

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #98 of 564
That would still put SEC at #13 with the likelihood they'd expand to #14 and eventually to #15 and #16. PAC 12 has said that it would react to other conferences expanding by also expanding. But what schools will the PAC take if the big 12 schools + BYU have already committed themselves to the Big 12? 

I don't know how it will work. Unless SEC can manage with a 13 team league. 

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #99 of 564
Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Latest conference craziness I heard is that only A&M will leave the Big 12 and BYU will replace them!  It's like a merry-go-round.

BYU and the Big 12 have been flirting for a while since last year. And they have always been my favorite realistic choice addition for their fan base (national), tradition (their last MNC exceed aTm"s last by about 50 years), and location (not completely ridiculous).However, they are another prima donna. Maybe that can work as a double negative with Texas. 

That said, somebody wake me when this is all decided and tell me where to show up. I generally glaze over at conference talk now.

--

Oke State has themselves a football team. I can't way until they travel to College Station. The game may last five hours with all the scoring. I wasn't a big fan of the all black with white hats. To me it looked like a blister atop a bruise.

I eagerly anticipate the tonight's round 2 of the Larry Scott's vs. Big 12-2-1

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #100 of 564
Those Devil uni's were suhweeeeeeeet; really dug the matte hats with the sharp gradient numbers. Good game, the better team won, although 'zou almost stole it at the end of reg. Osweiler was throwing some ropes. Bet some NFL scouts enjoyed some of the early darts against the cover 2. 

The Pinkel t/o's were odd. Pink has a history of odd decisions like that. 

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #101 of 564
FIU dumping Louisville was interesting. FIU could run the table and end up 12-0. Their toughest remaining opponent is Duke. Won't matter, but they have a pretty decent squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back