2011 Atlanta Meet on March 19
Mar 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #31 of 78
I may be able to make it as I should be in town then. I will only have an imod and a little dot micro

*MK1 not micro. This is why I almost never post on here after the forum update b/c the reply box is almost impossiable to use, also it prevents spell check.

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #33 of 78
This is just a mini-meet and I only expect a few people, so we don't need a lot of rules.  But as a reference point for anyone who has not been to a meet, here are the guidelines from the San Francisco meet last month.
Steve

HELPFUL GUIDE FOR THE UNINITIATED (& friendly reminders)

(This list was published by SiBurning, and was built upon lessons learned by the NYC crew, thanks guys)

Personal Hygiene is important.
* Wash your hair and your ears--and behind your ears.
* Avoid the use of products like hair gel, hair spray, mousse, etc. I don't want your hair gunk on my headphones, thanks.
* Clean out your ears so you can hear better.
* Don't forget the deodorant (THIS goes for Oldtimers as well). Baby powder & cologne are not adequate substitutes.
* With all the gear & other members, it gets warm in the room. Dress accordingly.

The most important thing of all is to have fun.
* Meets are Great, so be prepared to have a great day with fellow Head-fi members.
* Bring whatever gear you want. If you don't have any, that's OK. Just bring your ears.
* You can try whatever gear you want but be polite, ask permission, don't be a gear hog, etc.
* If you have any questions about gear, look for the owner and ask. Or just ask whoever is listening (after they're done).
* Everyone is very friendly and will be glad to answer you.
* Do not be shy.
* Mingle.
* You will find everyone to be very friendly & helpful.
* Most of all enjoy yourself & take the opportunity to hear gear you normally wouldn't get a chance to, or are thinking of buying.

Remember that you're trying out another member's gear.
* Treat all gear with the utmost respect.
* Ask if you're not sure how to operate any gear, or you're just curious about the system setup. Some gear requires headphones to be plugged in at all times, some gear doesn't like it when you unplug headphones unless the volume is turned all the way around. Don't just assume that everything works the same way. Just ask, it can save a lot of heartache.
* Respect the owner's wishes.
* Give it all the velvet cushion treatment.
* If you have any doubt or questions, ask.
* Do not place headphones on top of other gear--if you're not sure where to put it, ask the owner.
* Do not remove any gear from a setup without the owner's permission.
* Do not remove any cables or make any other changes to the setup without the owner's permission.
* If you do take gear away from a table, or borrow cables, adapters, or power strips, try to remember where you got it from, and bring it back when you're done. In all the excitement, it's easy to forget where you got that 1/4" to 3.5mm headphone adapter. 
* If you listen loud remember to lower the volume for the next person.
* If you don't know or are just curious about something, ask someone. Anyone. Someone knows, or knows someone who knows.

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #34 of 78
After hosting the last 2 Atlanta meets I can say this will be a chance to hear some of the nicest gear in the country; not to mention meeting some of the brightest people in the hobby. Unfortunately I am already busy with obligations on the west coast. Have fun guys!

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #35 of 78
TABLE SPACE

We will have half a dozen sturdy tables at the meet.  I think we have enough tables, but if we have as many people as the last Atlanta meet, table space might be tight.  We can share tables if necessary.  I will bring an extra table.  If you have room in your car trunk, throw an extra card table in your trunk just in case.   
Thanks,
Steve  

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #37 of 78

Quote:
I'm on my way, should be there in a 1/2 hour. I'm bringing stax 407 with srm t1s, d7000, he-6, and fisher vintage tube integrated.

Hope you had a safe drive back Mike.  Your Stax & HE6 were quite impressive!

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #39 of 78

Quote:
Hope you had a safe drive back Mike.  Your Stax & HE6 were quite impressive!

Thanks purk. I really enjoyed listening to your setup. I love the sonys, both of them. The r10s have a sound stage that even most open back headphones can only dream of. Very nice.

Quote:
Moodyrn and Purk,
Your gear were the hit of the meet.  Thanks for attending.

Thanks, I really loved your T1. They sounded even better than I was expecting. There was lots of really great sounding gear there. The fischers were impressive. Can't belive the Rev wanted to buy my w1000s after owning those. I actually like those better. But sound is so subjective. I could see the fischers as my go to cans. If I didn't already have so many, they would be next on my list. Really impressed with kobe's ipod setup. If I was blind and someone told me that was a high-end source, I would have believed them. I really had a great time, and can't wait till the next one.

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #40 of 78
Steve-
Thanks for setting up the meet. It was my first one and I had a great time. The amount of cool equipment was more than I had hoped for. And thanks to Eric, Kevin, Josh, Purk and Mike for letting me listen to your gear.

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #41 of 78
Next time maybe more pics, but here is what I have.

Moodyrn with r10s.  The king of the meet - the headphone, not Moodyrn - although Moodyrn would make a pretty good king as well.

Purk with Stax 407.  I think I'm a Stax fan.  Now where can I put them in my gear?

Robin with Beyer T1 fed by Rockhopper B22.  1 of 2 HD-800 waiting on the side.

Kevin - deciding what he wants to buy next.  Who need to eat when you have music?

Eric presented a range of Sennheiser phones.

Josh - Music lover (and future head-fier? )

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #43 of 78
Thanks Steve again for hosting such a great event.  It was nice to meet everyone again including some new faces.  I enjoy trying out new gears especially the HE6, T1, and Stax Lambda Signature.   The venue is also great and the set up tables are very sturdy.  We need to do this again soon.  

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #44 of 78
Yes, thanks again to Steve, for taking the time and effort for coordinating the event.  The amount of information was wonderful, and everybody was exceptionally patient with this noob!  Gentlemen, thanks for sharing.

BTW Kobe, guess what I'm now looking for???  Now only if I had the money for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back