2010 - Your Favorite New Releases So Far?
Aug 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #48 of 149
Haven't heard of a lot of these records, but I'll check them out. 

Head-fi is bad news for me.  It's bad enough I spend so much more cash on equipment, now I'll be spending it on music too :)

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #50 of 149
I say spend at least as much $$$ on music as you do on playback equipment.  To do the opposite is (to me) like building a really impressive superhighway, then only allowing 27 cars to use it, because they're really pretty cars.

YMMV, as always...

Quote:
Haven't heard of a lot of these records, but I'll check them out. 

Head-fi is bad news for me.  It's bad enough I spend so much more cash on equipment, now I'll be spending it on music too :)

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #51 of 149
I buy my music. I have to say that I would rather have a great collection of music to listen to on low quality audio equipment than great audio equipment and a small, shallow music collection. I guess it's kind of like the chicken and the egg argument...

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #52 of 149
5,000 CDs and growing.

when i first got into head-fi, i quit buying new music.
i was going back through my old stuff and rediscovering it.

but, it wasn't long before some album came out that i had to get...

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #53 of 149

Quote:
5,000 CDs and growing.

when i first got into head-fi, i quit buying new music.
i was going back through my old stuff and rediscovering it.

but, it wasn't long before some album came out that i had to get...

Wow! I'm buying music constantly and I can't touch 5,000. I have only 1,400 CD's, but those are all store bought (boxed sets count as one...) and still growing....Since getting into head-fi, my music buying has increased dramatically.

Aug 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #54 of 149
this is getting off topic a bit, but here's a shot of the bulk of my music library...
the taller shelves are stacked two-deep.
it's the pitfalls of 5,000 CDs, for sure...

Aug 14, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #57 of 149

"Room's spinnin' REAL fast... cuz of the CD count..."  
eek.gif
  You are a dedicated man, for sure... Kudos!
Quote:
5,000 CDs and growing.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #58 of 149
Quote:
No kidding. I said no rules but within reason. There are plenty of other places here for you two to discuss your music collections.

right on, boss man.  didn't mean to crap on your thread, viro. 
biggrin.gif

so here's some back-on-topic goodness...

ray lamontagne returns with his fourth album next week.
so far, his stuff can really be relied on to bring the head-fi heat.  so this one may be a best of 2010 contender...

trouble, in particular, is one of the most realistic-sounding and best-produced albums of the last decade.  hands down.
and till the sun turns black is right behind it.

ethan johns (producer) is tha man!!!

Aug 14, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #60 of 149
Haven't heard of Periphery. I'm interested.

TheWuss:
right on, boss man.  didn't mean to crap on your thread, viro. 
biggrin.gif

Ha! You get respect for that. Really more than anything my reply is evident that I'm due for an internet break. It's always time when the replies become more gruff.

I'll shut up now with a shout out for Visionaries by Parallels. It's not a revolutionary album but so damn competent at what it does. Synth pop junkies, like me, might interested. Dodson has one of those sweet female voc's made to marry with the synth bass; borderline guilty pleasure fare:

Carry on. Read only for me for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back