2010: What Tours/Shows are your looking forward to?
Jun 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #47 of 69
I wanted to catch Tool on this tour, but they sold out both dates in less than 20 minutes 
eek.gif

But I have tickets for Thrice that same weekend, so that makes up for it.

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #48 of 69
I'm glad I got Tool tickets right away, though I don't think the date (tomorrow) sold out as fast as yours. I just wish there was a seat selection.  I took GA because the only seats at the time were directly to the side of the stage.  I'd have taken seats if they'd let me choose a section more in the middle. 

I'd like to see Rush, but I'm not fond of Riverport Corporate Name Ampitheater and tickets anywhere near the stage were quite expensive.  Luckily after Tool I'll be back to small-venue shows like Russian Circles at the Firebird.

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #49 of 69

Quote:
I'm glad I got Tool tickets right away, though I don't think the date (tomorrow) sold out as fast as yours. I just wish there was a seat selection.  I took GA because the only seats at the time were directly to the side of the stage.  I'd have taken seats if they'd let me choose a section more in the middle. 

I'd like to see Rush, but I'm not fond of Riverport Corporate Name Ampitheater and tickets anywhere near the stage were quite expensive.  Luckily after Tool I'll be back to small-venue shows like Russian Circles at the Firebird.

haha im completely the opposite, i would have been pissed if i couldnt get GA tickets! im planning on getting there like 3 hours early too, which means leaving dayton oh at like 10am for the show.

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #50 of 69

Quote:
haha im completely the opposite, i would have been pissed if i couldnt get GA tickets! im planning on getting there like 3 hours early too, which means leaving dayton oh at like 10am for the show.

The view and sound are better but standing there that long kills the knees of this old fart.  I never used to think about seats before.  Great show, though.

Jun 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #51 of 69
Yes is coming to Summerfest this year ON A FREE STAGE! Ten bucks to see a great (and my favorite) band. 

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #54 of 69
Either of these is bound to be ridiculously good:

Sun, 10 October 2010 Austin, TX Zilker Park - ACL Music Festival 888-512-SHOW
Austin City Limits Music Festival
Front Gate Tickets
The Dream Attic Tour
The Richard Thompson Band

Sat, 23 October 2010 New York, NY Town Hall Theatre (212) 840-2824
Town Hall Theatre
Ticketmaster
The Dream Attic Tour
The Richard Thompson Band
- Ed

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #55 of 69
Streetlight Manifesto in Chicago this Friday! First concert I have been to in years so I am very excited. 

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #56 of 69
Can't wait! Some good music coming through this summer:

Blues Traveler at Red Rocks, July 4th
David Grisman Bluegrass Experience at the Boulder Theater, July 10
Rhythm Devils with Mickey Hart and Billy Kreutzman at The Ogden, July 22
Bela Fleck, Zakir Hussain and Edgar Meyer at the Denver Botanical Gardens, August 19th
Rodrigo y Gabriela at Red Rocks, August 20

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #57 of 69
I just saw The Dave Matthews Band in Camden, New Jersey on July 1st. I have to say it was one of my greatest concert disappointments. Maybe my expectations were just too high. I have liked DMB since the beginning but this was the first time that I have seen them live. The opening set by Martin Sexton, who I knew very little about, was great. Dave Matthews himself introduced Sexton, which I thought was very cool. The set-list for DMB was also very good. The main source of my disappointment was the quality of the sound. I have seen a lot of concerts and I have to say that I have never heard such a muddy sound mix. The bass drum and the bass guitar were so predominant in the mix that they really obscured the vocals, guitar etc. to an unacceptable degree. I'm wondering if this was an anomaly, if I was sitting in the wrong place (orchestra/left), if my ears are shot, or if this is just the way DMB does it. I actually left the concert four songs before the end (which I never do...). In any case, I enjoyed some of the songs, but especially with DMB's reputation for being at their best live, overall it was a crashing disappointment. I read some reviews of the same concert at Ticketmaster and DMB's site and apparently I was the only one that was disappointed so...

Jul 6, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #58 of 69

Quote:
RUSH July 15th in Quebec City! Playing all of Moving Pictures! I cried when I found out and I am pretty sure I'll be wheeping of joy when I am actually there!

You lucky swine, they're not even bringing that over the pond!!!!

I've got Airbourne booked for later in the year and will probably go too see Satch as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back