2010: What Tours/Shows are your looking forward to?
Mar 5, 2010 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Have nothing on the radar yet for this year other than hopefully Massive Attack and, maybe Katatonia will make it to NYC again?

Looking forward/going to any good shows this year?

If possible, please provide dates.

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 69
I'm pretty pumped to see Gogol Bordello at the Electric Factory in Philly on 5/1 with some of my boys!

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 69
I'm going to be hitting a few Angels & Airwaves shows coming up. Got Soundcheck/Meet & Greet passes also, so I'm pretty excited.

Mumford & Sons also just announced a US tour so I'm really looking forward to seeing them. Should be a good year!
smile_phones.gif

-Chris-

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 69
Right now I've got tickets to see the Klezmatics (3/13), Xiu Xiu (4/10 - mainly going because I think their drummer is awesome), the Boston Symphony Orchestra (4/17), Bettye Lavette (4/30)... and I'm hoping to make it down to NYC in June for some shows at the Stone, a favorite duo of mine is curating that month and there are a ton of good concerts scheduled. Most likely I will come down the last weekend in June to see Mephista, Masada String Trio, and I hear rumors of a Cubanos Postizos show that week as well, in which case I'll stay for that too.

I might be going to a concert at the Boston Jewish Music Festival tomorrow, a band I really like (Golem) is playing, but the tickets are so expensive I haven't decided whether or not it is worth it.

I wanted to see Peter Gabriel at Radio City Music Hall but I got confused about the release date of the CD and the sale date of tickets and by the time I realized, it was sold out
frown.gif

Wish I were seeing Joe Henry on his current tour but he's not coming to Boston. If I were in NYC I'd be hitting his late show Monday night at Blue Note, there'll be a special guest guitarist...

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 69
Iron Maiden/Dream Theater @DTE Center in Detroit this July.

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #8 of 69
state radio/girl talk at stonehill 4/30

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #9 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really looking forward to the My Morning Jacket show next month. Also Mastodon next month.

Heard their doing select shows with Between the Buried and Me and Baroness?

Thats just sick.

Mar 6, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 69
The only show ive bought tickets for so far is Circa Survive in cleveland, but im hoping to be able to see Dream Theater with Iron Maiden as well. After tha the only show i know of that i want to go to is warped tour, and that's only becuase Parkway Drive is playing. Theres alot of bands id like to see, but i dont know if they'll be touring

Mar 6, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #11 of 69
I am going to see A Day to Remember, Silverstein, and August Burns Red at a local place in April. And like the next week Porcupine Tree is going to be there, I will be going to that show. And if Jack Johnson comes near me I will be there, probably several hours early to get a good spot up front lol.

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #12 of 69
The Eagles. May 1 at the San Jose HP Pavilion. It's my first Eagles concert.

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heard their doing select shows with Between the Buried and Me and Baroness?

Thats just sick.

Last year I had to choose between a Cynic show and a Mastodon/Intronaut/Kylesa show happening at the exact same time in two venues about 20 minutes away from each other.

That was hell.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #14 of 69
Just saw Muse @ Wachovia Center in Philly and that blew my mind. In a few weeks I'll be catching Vampire Weekend @ Electric Factory...can't wait for that.

Missed out on tix to Wilco
frown.gif

Bill

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #15 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last year I had to choose between a Cynic show and a Mastodon/Intronaut/Kylesa show happening at the exact same time in two venues about 20 minutes away from each other.

That was hell.

I went to the latter; that was about 2 yrs ago?

Great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back