2010 New Year's Resolutions
Dec 27, 2009 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

VARO

Head-Fier
Here's a list of my New Year's resolutions:

-Join the U.S. Army - It's been my dream to become a soldier. I already took the ASVAB and my recruiter said I passed. So I guess the physical examination is next and then basic training. The reason why I'm joining is because I want to serve this country, I know it sounds corny. Secondly, I want to go to college because I can't afford college at the moment and finally, I want to experience the military life.

-Clean my room every week - It's not that I'm lazy but I only clean my room when someone is coming over, since I'm the only one that sleeps in my room, I don't bother cleaning it. It's not dirty but my stuff are all over the place.

-Stop Speeding - I usually go over 10mph all the time and sometimes 15mph.

-Wear my seatbelt - I got a ticket 3 months ago for not wearing my seatbelt and that's not going to happen again.

There's more but these are my main ones. What's yours?

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 24
In 1981, I resolved never to make another New Year's resolution, and I've stuck with it so far.

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 24
Everybody passes the ASVAB dude. If you don't get in 50's or above you are just uneducated on many different levels. I got 84 back in the day, I don't think USMC and Army tests differ.

MEPS sucks. I remember all the ******* civilians at Salt Lake City MEPS who think they own your soul. Also, be prepared to hold your piss for many hours.

I hope you enjoy the Army and make the best of it. Also, I hope you are not going under some extended contracts. I went in under a 5 year contract (Winger MOS) and now I'm counting down the days just like everyone else, except I have 365 more of them.

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #4 of 24
I need to start wearing my helmet more often while I'm on the bicycle. So far I've given priority to keeping my ears warm with a hat but I'd really rather be cold than dead. I just need to get me one of those under-the-helmet caps.

Also, I am hoping to continue studying art theory now that my classes are over. I'm not really good with the whole self-motivation thing but this stuff is incredible.

Dec 27, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #6 of 24
Lose some weight, be more active, go out more, finish uni, appreciate things more
smily_headphones1.gif

Done.

Dec 27, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #7 of 24
My resolution every year has been to complete my resolution from last year.

Dec 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #8 of 24
None here. Don't believe in it. If something needs to be changed or be done in a different way I don't wait till the next year.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #11 of 24
Be more prudent with cash - I almost couldn't afford my rent this term and I don't want that happening again.
I will also start my work at the weekend - **** knows why I kept on starting it the night before but it's not good.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To find a job that only expects a 40 hour week.

You are truly delusional! Lmao! I never worked 40 hours. 80? 90? 100? Yes! But 40 hour weeks are a figment that's put in those brochures that sell you on the dream. LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back