2010-2011 NHL season Playoffs start tonight.
Oct 7, 2010 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 195

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
I was going to save the thread opening for our Queen of headgear but since games are underway, let me say

Thank God it's hockey season.

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 195
Oh yeah!  So you're watching the Pens vs Flyers game too huh?  I can't wait till it fully ramps up on Saturday with all the games.  I can see myself sitting on the couch all day watching games!  WOOOT HOCKEY SEASON IS BACK!  GO WINGS GO!   

Overall, this is a great time of year for sports in general.  Hockey is back on, MLB is in the playoffs, NFL is in full swing and NBA is in pre-season and about to start.  

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 195
Go Leafs Go!
ph34r.gif
redface.gif
o2smile.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #8 of 195

Quote:

Haha bad team, but nice pic
biggrin.gif

Thats the thing about NY area sports fans that fascinates me, its always the third team not in the conversation that sucks.  Rangers and Devils fan= Islanders suck.  Devils and Islanders fan= Rangers suck.   Rangers and Islanders fan=Devils suck.  

Really, IMO it goes Devils>Rangers>>>>Islanders in terms of best to worse.  (I guess I'm agreeing with you though, rich)

Oct 9, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #11 of 195
Leafs over the Canadiens 3-2 in the Leafs home opener!  The Sens are next on the table.  I hope to wake up early to catch it on my Slingbox.
gs1000.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #12 of 195

Quote:
I was going to save the thread opening for our Queen of headgear but since games are underway, let me say

Thank God it's hockey season.

Great thread!  So as a Cincinnati resident, which NHL would you be cheering for?

Oct 9, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #13 of 195
Who wants some of Deebo? Datsyuk with a Gordie Howe hat trick, Modano scores on his first shot as a Wing and Top Jimmy with a SO! Way to kick off a season in Hockeytown. Time to wake up the dreamers, the Cup is coming back where it belongs.

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #14 of 195
not entirely true imo. the devils and rangers are decent teams. the islanders on the other hand, is actually a horrible team. i know islander fans who even agree with me, but they still support their team. and while it might seem like that to you, don't forget that buffalo is a NY team, and i dont like them either.

also, how are you ranking the teams, based on standings, players etc.

Quote:
Thats the thing about NY area sports fans that fascinates me, its always the third team not in the conversation that sucks.  Rangers and Devils fan= Islanders suck.  Devils and Islanders fan= Rangers suck.   Rangers and Islanders fan=Devils suck.  

Really, IMO it goes Devils>Rangers>>>>Islanders in terms of best to worse.  (I guess I'm agreeing with you though, rich)

Oct 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #15 of 195
I always forget about Buffalo.   As far as how I'm ranking, just general regular season performance and post season births/advancement.   The Devils and Rangers are close, but I still think the Devils get a slight edge over the Rangers for more consistently making and advancing in the playoffs, though the Devils are starting to trend in the wrong direction.  I have absolutely no idea how the two teams measure up this season, but just in recent history the Devils have more consistently been the stronger side IMO.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back