2010-2011 NHL season Playoffs start tonight.
Oct 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #31 of 195
Maple Leaf fan here!  had the good fortune of getting tickets to the season opener at the ACC (300 level).  Awesome atmosphere in T.O for hockey, 
90% of the fans in our section had Leafs Jerseys and cheered the Whole game.    I live in Ottawa and see quite a few Sens games a year,  The fans are only half the intensity here. 

Great Start for the leafs!! hope they keep it going.

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #33 of 195

Quote:
Maple Leaf fan here!  had the good fortune of getting tickets to the season opener at the ACC (300 level).  Awesome atmosphere in T.O for hockey, 
90% of the fans in our section had Leafs Jerseys and cheered the Whole game.    I live in Ottawa and see quite a few Sens games a year,  The fans are only half the intensity here. 

Great Start for the leafs!! hope they keep it going.

LOL...I used to live in Ottawa for a few years (I'm Toronto born and bread) and going to Leaf games was a total blast...there were more of us (from Leafsnation) that Sens fans! It was like a home game...well instead of being in downtown Toronto with a great night life...you're in the middle of Kanata and a field (back in the late '90s).
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #34 of 195
Go Canucks! ..........................................40 years and counting!

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #35 of 195

Quote:
Go Canucks! ..........................................40 years and counting!

LOL....it's been 43 years since the Leafs last won the cup...sadly I'm only 38 and missed it by 5 years.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #36 of 195
The last time Vancouver won the Stanley Cup was in 1915 and they were called the Millionaires. More like 95 years and counting!

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #37 of 195

Quote:
The last time Vancouver won the Stanley Cup was in 1915 and they were called the Millionaires. More like 95 years and counting!

Different franchise...same city....

The Leafs/St. Pats/Arenas first won it in 1917. Same franchise as today with name changes.

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #38 of 195

Quote:
Maltby is gonna hang 'em up today. Grind Line baby! Fourteen years as a Wing, four Cups, not a bad run

Thats a great run he had and was a great player that was did not need the spot light to perform.  The years where he paired Draper shutting guys down on even strength or on the PK was great.  Sad to see him go but he's had a great career. 

Other Wings news, Rafalski is out... ouch!   But the guys are clicking up front and the top 2 lines are playing well.  Bertuzzi and Franzen are really clicking right now.  Too bad they lost the lead and lost the game in a shootout last night however.

Oct 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #39 of 195

Quote:
  Too bad they lost the lead and lost the game in a shootout last night however.

Yeah that was disappointing.  Also, I'm no Mike Babcock, but if I coached the wings my OT lines would be Datsyuk/Zetterberg, Franzen/Filppula, and Modano/Helm.  Bert has no business being out there in OT IMO.

Maltby definitely had a good run. 

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #40 of 195
Haha, I feel stupid now.  I just looked at the standings and, although I realize the season just started, I found it funny that the NY Islanders are sitting in 10th place, the NY Rangers are in 22nd, and the NJ Devils are dead last at 30th.  Just goes to show what I know, lol. 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #41 of 195

Quote:
Haha, I feel stupid now.  I just looked at the standings and, although I realize the season just started, I found it funny that the NY Islanders are sitting in 10th place, the NY Rangers are in 22nd, and the NJ Devils are dead last at 30th.  Just goes to show what I know, lol. 
rolleyes.gif

And the Leafs are in first! Who'd a'thunk it?
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #42 of 195
Crazy season so far for sure!  Who would have thought the Stars would be 4-0 after not making the playoffs and going into a rebuilding/give the young guys more ice time phase.   The Leafs leading is crazy as well.  But I guess when you pick up a few people who are on a redemption season (ie JS Giguere and Phaneuf), it would either be make or break.  It may  be a very interesting season ahead!

Oct 18, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #43 of 195
Oct 23, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #44 of 195
I would not usually comment on a win but the Blues beat both the Hawks and the Pens the last two nights. I haven't seen such speed and constant attack from the Blues before. It's a long season but so far, I like the effort. Perron is having a breakout year and Pietroangelo is playing a veteran game at the ripe age of 20.

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #45 of 195
The youth movement post lock-out is finally showing its worth.  Most of the surprising or top tier teams are young and fast.  The consistent attack front has been a key factor to the change which is nice to see the trapping game pre-lockout era.  Halak was a great pick up for the Blues this summer as well.  Montreal's move to stick with Price has been holding out well so it seemed to work out when they gave up Halak.  This works out for both goalies as they both have potential to be solid goaltenders in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back