2010-2011 NHL season Playoffs start tonight.
Oct 9, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #16 of 195
Honestly I'm a bit worried about our (the Devils) depth, after Kovalchuk burnt a hole in our wallet and ate up our salary checkbook, but then again I'm nervous before every season. It just seems that everyones getting old, our stars aren't producing, and now we're locked with a "superstar" for 15 years....we'll see. But yeah the Rangers are a very good team, and the Islanders straight up suck.

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #17 of 195
i think the rangers have a solid team, and hopefully make the playoffs. rival games might as well be playoff games, and as such anything goes. i find it funny when the islanders beat the tri-state teams, however they hardly ever make the playoffs. rangers and devils are somewhat evenly matched, and the islanders....well they will stay the islanders.

Quote:
I always forget about Buffalo.   As far as how I'm ranking, just general regular season performance and post season births/advancement.   The Devils and Rangers are close, but I still think the Devils get a slight edge over the Rangers for more consistently making and advancing in the playoffs, though the Devils are starting to trend in the wrong direction.  I have absolutely no idea how the two teams measure up this season, but just in recent history the Devils have more consistently been the stronger side IMO.  

kovalchuk is good, but i would worry about his playoff performance. in the regular season, you can expect scoring from him. but come playoff time, he is known to choke.

same goes for many high priced players.

Quote:
Honestly I'm a bit worried about our (the Devils) depth, after Kovalchuk burnt a hole in our wallet and ate up our salary checkbook, but then again I'm nervous before every season. It just seems that everyones getting old, our stars aren't producing, and now we're locked with a "superstar" for 15 years....we'll see. But yeah the Rangers are a very good team, and the Islanders straight up suck.

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #18 of 195

Quote:
Leafs over the Canadiens 3-2 in the Leafs home opener!  The Sens are next on the table.  I hope to wake up early to catch it on my Slingbox.
gs1000.gif

5-1 over the Sens!!!! It feels great here at the centre of the hockey universe! (For now anyway...lol).

Go Leafs Go!

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #20 of 195

Quote:
And my city is wanting an all-new Nordiques.

I hope you get it...along with Winnipeg getting the Jets back. Man what a debacle...let's move the team from a city (Winnipeg) where 99% of the citizens are rapid hockey fans (and the other 1% are just big hockey fans)...to Phoenix? I think time has proven the insanity of that decision.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #23 of 195

Quote:
I hope you get it...along with Winnipeg getting the Jets back. Man what a debacle...let's move the team from a city (Winnipeg) where 99% of the citizens are rapid hockey fans (and the other 1% are just big hockey fans)...to Phoenix? I think time has proven the insanity of that decision.

This was another one of Bettman's great ideas!   An epic fail attempt to spread hockey to an area that has minimal interest in the sport.  Also with Bettman's refusal to sell the the Coyotes to Basillie because he wanted to move them to Hamilton where they would thrive in a hockey town.  

Oct 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #26 of 195

Quote:
You don't get the Nordiques back, you can't have them, You are going to have to be the Quebec Frenchman because Colorado aren't giving them back :p Go Avs Go

FYI...no one was talking about the Avs going back to Quebec City...just a new franchise. BTW, no doubt which area has more rabid hockey fans...(here's a clue...it isn't south of the 49th parallel).
wink_face.gif

Now, I do believe that the Coyotes should return to Winnipeg....no doubt. Unlike Colorado, Phoenix is a horrible hockey market.

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #27 of 195
The game today between the Blues and the Ducks was awesome for a Blues fan. The puck movement is something we've not seen here in a while and 5 goals in one game is an embarrassment of riches for a team that gave so many games away and couldn't score last year. Excited to have hockey back with the hope of success for a young team. 

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #28 of 195

Quote:
The game today between the Blues and the Ducks was awesome for a Blues fan. The puck movement is something we've not seen here in a while and 5 goals in one game is an embarrassment of riches for a team that gave so many games away and couldn't score last year. Excited to have hockey back with the hope of success for a young team. 

It sounds like you are talking about my Leafs. LOL.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #29 of 195

Quote:
FYI...no one was talking about the Avs going back to Quebec City...just a new franchise. BTW, no doubt which area has more rabid hockey fans...(here's a clue...it isn't south of the 49th parallel).
wink_face.gif

Now, I do believe that the Coyotes should return to Winnipeg....no doubt. Unlike Colorado, Phoenix is a horrible hockey market.

Agreed, the Coyotes just sieve money down there, so why not send them somewhere they can actually be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back