2009-2010 College Basketball Thread
Jan 31, 2010 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

etiolate

100+ Head-Fier
So I saw the 2009 college football thread and, after searching, only found ncaa basketball threads from years past. Therefore, I find it necessary to start a thread and probably badger fans of other school who are inevitably going to inferior by the end of the season (hopefully I won't have to eat these words later, lol,
smily_headphones1.gif
). I go to the University of Kansas (KU) and after winning tonight at KSU we should most likely move, again, into 1st place.

So, who are you rooting for and how are they doing?

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 26
Well aren't you lucky that Frank Martin is an idiot?
tongue.gif
But really, Kansas looks like they are easily the most complete team out there.

Florida State fan here- my team plays an ugly, painful to watch brand of basketball, but hopefully their length and defensive ability will be enough to carry them.

Currently watching the OSU Minny game, really enjoy watching Evan Turner play. Kid is awesome.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well aren't you lucky that Frank Martin is an idiot?
tongue.gif
But really, Kansas looks like they are easily the most complete team out there.

Florida State fan here- my team plays an ugly, painful to watch brand of basketball, but hopefully their length and defensive ability will be enough to carry them.

what did frank do that was idiotic? imo, i thought it was dumb that he chose not to foul during our possession with like 45 sec to go (saying this from memory).

fsu isn't doing too bad it seems. though, looks like you took a spankin from duke. are your tourney hopes alive?

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 26
nay. if you aren't good enough to be ranked in the top 65 teams, you shouldn't be rewarded with a trip to the tourney.

btw, did you see ku just earned their 21st straight 20+ win season? longest active 20+ win streak.
smily_headphones1.gif
. oh, and we have the longest home win streak at like 55 or something. thought i'd add that one in.

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 26
Gonzaga fan here. Turning out to be a pretty dissapointing season. Although we have a winning record our actual play doesn't give that record justice. The way we have been playing recently we don't deserve to be in the top 25. But oh well we are a young team so hopefully its only up from here.

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 26
I'm a KU grad myself (MBA in '88). So yes, I was a season ticket holder during the Danny and the Miracles national championship season. Oddly enough, they had a 55-game home court winning streak at that time as well, but then lost to K-State, Duke and Oklahoma (in that order) at home during the regular season before avenging each of those losses (in the same order) in the tournament. I was in Lawrence last summer and could hardly believe it was the same town, at least anywhere West of 23rd.

As for this year, there are lots of great teams in the mix and it's anyone's guess which ones will gel in the next month or so. KU is playing great, but I'm hoping they're not peaking too soon. A couple of conference road losses would be healthy for them, IMHO, so long as they can win the conference tourney and hold on to a #1 or #2 seed for the big dance.

Feb 2, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 26
Arizona Wildcat fan here!!!! Talk about rebuilding, LOL.

Feb 3, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a KU grad myself (MBA in '88). So yes, I was a season ticket holder during the Danny and the Miracles national championship season.

aw, i was born on that miracle year.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

I was in Lawrence last summer and could hardly believe it was the same town, at least anywhere West of 23rd.

ya i bet. it's crazy even in the last 10 years.

Quote:

A couple of conference road losses would be healthy for them, IMHO, so long as they can win the conference tourney and hold on to a #1 or #2 seed for the big dance.

as long as we win the regular season big 12 title again. we win that bad boy every year and i love it, lol.

Feb 3, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arizona Wildcat fan here!!!! Talk about rebuilding, LOL.

And yet your team is at the top of the Pac-10. Of course that isn't saying much this year.
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #12 of 26
Isn't that the truth. Pretty bleak for the Pac-10 this year for sure.

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #13 of 26
KU almost blew it in Colorado. Whew. That would've been embarrassing.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #14 of 26
Boulder is always a tricky place to play. Embarrassing would be the Oklahoma Sooners this year. I can handle losses due to many reasons like talent gap, schemes, whatever. But like most fans, one will chap my hide - effort. It's disgusting to consistently watch a team with a few lazy parts.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #15 of 26
Kentucky Wildcat fan here!! I don't think anybody wants to play us come tournament time including Kansas!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back