2008 NBA Playoffs Thread
Apr 26, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #61 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm disappointed in Pop for using hack-a-Shaq, he's better than that. He's a great basketball mind and I held him in such esteem that I believed he wouldn't cheapen the game by resorting to that. Other than that, the Spurs are doing everything extremely well. I guess that Shaq trade didn't work out so well...

As a lifelong Suns fan, when I saw the news break, I was in complete disbelief and couldn't figure out why. It seemed to make no sense at all. I started to think about it and convinced myself of some of the positives of adding Shaq. I guess your first reaction is the correct reaction, because wow, the Spurs are carving him up like a hot knife through hot butter. Suns will be lucky to win on Sunday, I doubt it though. At least we have a nice draft pick this year... oh wait, Sarver will probably sell that off and make our team stay old and slow. Yeah, I'm frustrated as heck, and I have reason to be. This new owner is killing my team slowly, too late to impeach him and get Colangelo back? No? Crap.

If only Shaq can make some freebies.... Agian, I think that the real problem with Pheonix is the defense. Nash, and Amare are not capable of playing defense while Shaq is way past his prime at playing D. I think the chance of getting any productive out of Shaq on the up and coming Sunday game is very unlikely given that he has less than 1.5 days to rest up.

I like Nash but this likely will be his last year playing at this level and this might the last year for the title run. Amare is only good on the offense but he is horrible on defense. Can you imagine him being a good defensive player, I'm sure that the Sun will have at least one title by now.

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #62 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidr2287 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone expect a dominating Spurs win at Phoenix? I expected a suns win considering the kept it close the last two game at S.A.

I as well. Even our resident Spurs' fans showed reservation earlier in the thread. I'm very disappointed in the series; had highs hope for another epic.

Four out of five teams got off the schnide Thursday and Friday so my hope has turned elsewhere. The bugs looked a little different away from NOLA, and the Mavs decided to get tough. Up norht the Whiz took it to the bron bron's. So there may be some good first rounders still.

I also tip my hat to the Rockets and their burdened superstar. However, I'll run with the crowd and wonder if they can win two straight in Salt Lake City. And what about the Phili! They're up 2-1. Anyone care to break that down for me or the Raptors and Wizards?

Apr 26, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #63 of 350
Well, the Raps are making the game interesting again! Bosh needs to get back into his groove, but they're actually taking it to them. Could we tie up the series?

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #65 of 350
I think Spurs will sweep tomorrow. If the suns were gonna beat us this series, it was going to be at home with game 3. and we just totally plowed through them.

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #66 of 350
The raps looked like they could've taken it, but just fell apart at the very end of the game, just when it mattered. Sigh...

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #67 of 350
Yeppers, I was rootin' for your "Raps" too. Then I watched the Lakers demolish the Nuggets. Bleh, Denver looked like they didn't give a crap.

At least at half, the Hawks are even with Boston. Let's go Dirty South!

Apr 27, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #68 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeppers, I was rootin' for your "Raps" too. Then I watched the Lakers demolish the Nuggets. Bleh, Denver looked like they didn't give a crap.

At least at half, the Hawks are even with Boston. Let's go Dirty South!

Yep. Funny ESPN writers still think pretty highly of Marcus Camby.

Apr 27, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #71 of 350
Quote:

I as well. Even our resident Spurs' fans showed reservation earlier in the thread. I'm very disappointed in the series; had highs hope for another epic.

Four out of five teams got off the schnide Thursday and Friday so my hope has turned elsewhere. The bugs looked a little different away from NOLA, and the Mavs decided to get tough. Up norht the Whiz took it to the bron bron's. So there may be some good first rounders still.

I also tip my hat to the Rockets and their burdened superstar. However, I'll run with the crowd and wonder if they can win two straight in Salt Lake City. And what about the Phili! They're up 2-1. Anyone care to break that down for me or the Raptors and Wizards?

I am not surprised by the Sixers playing so well. If you look at their second half they beat just about every quality basketball team in the east and west. Spurs, Celtics, Suns, etc. They have a young group of guys lead by a reborn Andre Miller. Miller is one of the most underrated guys in the league, really high basketball IQ and a great playmaker. Their team is sort of like the Suns early teams with Nash, a bunch of high flying youngsters with a savvy PG. Not quite as good since they don't have a mega superstar in the middle like Amare, and Miller is more limited with his scoring abilities. They do however play better defense and do a better job rebounding. Also, Billups is one of the larger PGs in the league and uses that advantage to post up smaller guys, he can't do that to Miller, Miller is actually posting up Billups. Iguodala is everywhere, he is one of those swiss army knife players. I'm not sure if their youth will keep them too stupid to realize what they're doing or if it will cause them to ultimately lose the series to the much more experienced Pistons. It's probably the best first round matchup even though their records don't suggest it.

The Magic-Raps series basically comes down to who plays better in the backcourt. Bosh and Howard are going to get theirs. If Ford and Calderon play well, the Raps are in it. I think platooning point guards is a bad idea and will be the undoing of the Raps. It seems like Ford and Calderdon can't find any rhythm splitting minutes, it has been a problem since Ford came back.

Apr 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #73 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, that was embarrasing. Think Lakers have it in them again?

The Nuggets are done...stick a fork in 'em...
mad.gif

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #74 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Nuggets are done...stick a fork in 'em...
mad.gif

I'm a Lakers fan, but it was simply embarrassing for the Nuggets. I seriously wouldn't have minded if Nuggets put up a fight and won/lost, but the way they just gave up towards the end was just sad
frown.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #75 of 350
Quote:

I also tip my hat to the Rockets and their burdened superstar. However, I'll run with the crowd and wonder if they can win two straight in Salt Lake City.

Ehhh, guess not. After the game, McGrady threw his coach under the bus.

from today's Houston Chronicle column by Richard Justice:

Quote:

You'd think a guy with as much baggage as Tracy McGrady would know better than to offer a public assessment of someone else's job performance. That's what he did after Game 4 Saturday night in Utah.

When McGrady was asked how Mehmet Okur had been allowed to grab a key rebound on a missed free throw with around six seconds remaining and the Rockets down two, he served Carl Landry and Rick Adelman up on a platter.

"I hit the ball off the glass, and Carl just mistimed it," McGrady said.

And then...

"Okur came over and got the rebound," McGrady said. "It was a big rebound we didn't get. That was the point where Dikembe (Mutombo) and those guys should have been in the game, because we would have called a timeout had we gotten the rebound."

Moments earlier, Adelman had second-guessed himself about not having Mutombo in the game. He said he had considered it, but that he decided to stick with his "two most athletic guys"--McGrady and Landry.

I lose more respect for this guy every day. He is NOT in the same class with Kobe, Lebron, etc. Maybe instead of whining about who was on the floor, he should have blocked out Okur. Or maybe instead of banging the ball off the glass he could have slammed it in the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back