2008 NBA Playoffs Thread
Apr 19, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #32 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That game 1 of the Suns vs. Spurs did not disappoint. Wow!

Outstanding game, double O.T., holy cow, it had it all
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed, that Cav's close out was over the top in the hands of King James, sore back and all, he carried them...

WoooHooo, Hoops heaven
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #33 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about James' all timer of a dunk

The best dunk in the context of a game that I have seen, although Dr. J did things like that back in the day.

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #34 of 350
We are all witnesses.

No doubt. I can't believe it failed to head top plays. I guess winning a race with inside plumbing trumps that. My dream sports dinner party would include Danica Patrick, Barry Melrose, and Stephen A. Smith. Imagine the hi jinks! Okay, Danica sounds kind of dry in interviews, but every dinner party needs eye candy.

Wizards, love the uni's btw, and Cav's just tipped. Can the men in gold actually win one? BTW, Agent 0 pulled a MJ late season by racking up fines for his kicks that failed NBA standards

Apr 22, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #35 of 350
Look likes T-Mac will never advance past the first round of play off. I can't believe he kept shooting threes and non of them were falling in the last 5 mins.

Apr 22, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #36 of 350
T-mac carries that team the entire game and is completely spent at the end. The Rockets stay close on pure grit and hustle and don't have the horses to maintain a lead. I don't know if the Rockets are more talented than the Hawks at this point, for them to hang in there with a very good Jazz team is impressive.

Lebron is a beast, not much else to say. Just wow.

Apr 22, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #37 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T-mac carries that team the entire game and is completely spent at the end. The Rockets stay close on pure grit and hustle and don't have the horses to maintain a lead. I don't know if the Rockets are more talented than the Hawks at this point, for them to hang in there with a very good Jazz team is impressive.

Lebron is a beast, not much else to say. Just wow.

I didn't watch the first three quarters, so I didn't know how well did he play. All I saw was he settled to shoot threes and couples were airballs.

Yep, Lebron is a beast. Still I don't think he will fare well with a good western conference game. What he needs to improve is his defense. He is probably the best offensive player in the game today, but he needs to play more defense.

Apr 22, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #38 of 350
i think lebron's defense has improved from previous years, but still has room to improve =D

sadly, my rockets seem to be doomed... =(

at least i still have the lakers =D

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #39 of 350
I liken Bron Bron to a big, bruising NFL back. Sure everyone wants to play him tough but nuttin' but arm tackles by the fourth quarter. Beast is right!

As we know, the Mavs have been a hot pick to upset the Hornets. They get better goin' tonight then. One thing is certain. Dirk is goin' bring some quality flops. The one that resulted in a T for Chandler, was pure artistry. That was a tough sequence for Tyson. First he got the pit, then the rip!

Apr 22, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #40 of 350
Mavs don't have much chance in that series unless Dirk can get really hot, I mean white hot. Paul, West, Chandler, Peja are too much for them to deal with. That trade for Kidd was all sorts of goofy, it will be their undoing. Hornets in 5.

Oh and Lebron is a good defender when he needs to be, find highlights of him stifling Kobe a couple months back, Kobe couldn't do anything.

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #43 of 350
I wished we could of watched that game. Instead my area watched the Mavericks grasp at straws and marveled at the super sweet giant Peja heads that lapped around the New Orleans' arena. Chris Paul is a special player. I miss watching him in OKC.

Spurs held serve. It's time for the Suns to do the same. Obviously, III will be a do or die for them.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #45 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so sick of this damn spurs... Year after year.

Are you Suns fan?
biggrin.gif
The problem with the Sun and Marv is very simple. They just can't play defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back