2008 NBA Playoffs Thread
Apr 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #16 of 350
I don't think the Rockets can handle the Jazz without Yao.
frown.gif
I'd love for them to surprise me though. Either way, its always fun when we play the Jazz because both teams are pretty aggressive.

Apr 18, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #17 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MVP- Lebron James. Yes, Kobe and CP3 had incredible seasons and their teams had great records. I don't subscribe to best player on the best team. On a garbage team, Lebron put up historical numbers and managed to push his team into the playoffs. If you take the best player off every team in the league, I think the Cavs are probably the worst. KG and Amare were also terrific, but Lebron was other-worldly.

Do you think Kobe Bryant should have won the MVP in 2006 instead of Steve Nash? That season Kobe averaged 35.4 ppg (most since Jordan in '88). He scored 81 points in a single game, 62 points in 3 quarters, and averaged 40 ppg over an entire month. That is a historic season. He took that Laker team to the playoffs in the Western Conference that fielded a starting lineup of Smush Parker at PG, Brian Cook at PF, and Kwame Brown/Chris Mihm at starting center. That team is worse than LeBron's current Cavs squad that plays in the less competitive Eastern Conference.

Apr 18, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #18 of 350
mvp's are usually picked a year later when they deserve it IMO... =P

i really hope bynum comes back soon, and when they really need him later, deeper in the playoffs, he will be the difference

Apr 18, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #19 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think Kobe Bryant should have won the MVP in 2006 instead of Steve Nash? That season Kobe averaged 35.4 ppg (most since Jordan in '88). He scored 81 points in a single game, 62 points in 3 quarters, and averaged 40 ppg over an entire month. That is a historic season. He took that Laker team to the playoffs in the Western Conference that fielded a starting lineup of Smush Parker at PG, Brian Cook at PF, and Kwame Brown/Chris Mihm at starting center. That team is worse than LeBron's current Cavs squad that plays in the less competitive Eastern Conference.

No, Nash probably shouldn't have won it, it was a toss up between Dirk and Kobe. (Dirk shouldn't have won last year) Kobe probably should have been the guy that year. Lebron is doing more than just scoring this year, he's averaging nearly a triple double while scoring 30 ppg. He's having one of the best seasons of all time. He dominated in every facet of the game.

Apr 18, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #21 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you've got to give it to kobe this year. how many people pick the lakers to make the playoff this year? let alone winning the most games in the west.

LOL, yeah, Kobe didn't even think the Lakers had a shot at being in the playoffs at the beginning of the season, and wanted to be traded IIRC; Gotta hand it to him, though!

Apr 19, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #22 of 350
The Lakers improved because the team around Kobe improved, not because Kobe played any better than he usually does.

Apr 19, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #23 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, virometal, are the Aggies in this dang thing? I can't find College Station OR Norman in your list.

I know. Oh well, have to follow sumthin' now that spring ball is over.It's either this or yard work.
biggrin.gif

--

Hmmm...I'm glad I don't have an MVP vote. I think the arguments for LeBron and Kobe are both compelling along with those I've heard for KG and Paul.

Apr 19, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #24 of 350
Yes, Gasol was a big help. BUT Kobe carried the rest of that roster through the West and finished on top. He gets my vote.

Apr 19, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #25 of 350
Lakers FTW

Kobe for MVP Chris Paul...what a season. Amare wasn't in the conversation, but he's an absolute B-E-A-S-T!!!

The Playoffs have already started in the West and if these last weeks have been any indication then we are in for quite a ride. The winner could be anyone in the wild, wild west.

Apr 19, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #26 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go Spurs go!! I am a big fan of Spurs, but it will be very tough for them to repeat ...or even make it through the Suns.

True; and you can thank a motivated Shaq-tus for the Spurs pending demise!

The Suns are a bonafide threat to the throne and a force to be reckoned with...they should get past the Spurs with relative ease; sorry, they may fair better next year.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #28 of 350
Go SPURS GO! Amazing game 1 to say the least.

Unbelievable 3 pointer by Duncan.

Watch out Suns.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #29 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go SPURS GO! Amazing game 1 to say the least.

Unbelievable 3 pointer by Duncan.

Watch out Suns.

Yep. Very amazing play. Ginobili was great down stretch too.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #30 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. Very amazing play. Ginobili was great down stretch too.

And people say the spurs are boring? It really doesnt get any more exciting and tense than what I just saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back