2008 "Green" Solo by Graham Slee In The House!
Sep 11, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #31 of 98
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Graham Slee Green Solo Mrarroyo !

I hope that you don't end up letting your MAD go, if so there's always a home for it at my place
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #33 of 98
Sep 11, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #34 of 98
Minivan, I would be very interested to know what you think of the Talisman, and how it compares to the other two amps.

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #35 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's my 3 musketeers: solo green,heed canamp and talisman t-35h
lambda.gif

I would love to know your findings in terms of sound between the CanAmp and the Solo Green.

I for example, find the CanAmp to have a warmer sound when compared with the RP5.1 (hybrid), which I like. The RP5.1 does have more detail which might be the reason I find the CanAmp warmer.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #36 of 98
sorry can't give full comparison just yet, my solo green has some problem need to be fix, it's not up to it's full potential yet. so far my crippled solo green give better detail then the heed. if u r detail freak, go for the solo. only got my talisman for 2 days, initial impression, is very warm and smooth sounding amp, very wide soundstage, sound beautiful in ambient and jazz music.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #37 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry can't give full comparison just yet, my solo green has some problem need to be fix, it's not up to it's full potential yet. so far my crippled solo green give better detail then the heed. if u r detail freak, go for the solo. only got my talisman for 2 days, initial impression, is very warm and smooth sounding amp, very wide soundstage, sound beautiful in ambient and jazz music.

Do you find the CanAmp much more warm than the Solo or are they similar in "warmness"?

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #38 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweArt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Graham Slee Green Solo Mrarroyo !

I hope that you don't end up letting your MAD go, if so there's always a home for it at my place
wink.gif

I have thought of selling it, but it would take a lot of money for me to part with it.
very_evil_smiley.gif
So I doubt people would be willing to pay the price for it.

This coming Saturday I am hoping to have 3 way shoot out between the Green Solo, a Channel Island VHP-2 w/ optional psu, and a LaRocco PPA.

Sep 11, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #39 of 98
Miguel, would you mind taking more pics of the amp and the power supply too? I'm curious to see how it all comes together. And thanks for the impressions, looking forward to the next addition.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #41 of 98
Nice impression, Miguel. Hope you have it with you at the October 27th meet. Thrice has performed some minor mods (black gates in the power supply) on my Canamp and we can do a nice comparison.

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #42 of 98
SMPS are usually pretty unstable rails. More efficient yes, but why?

Headphone amps are not high draw devices. so now it draws 3 watts instead of maybe 5 or so? Not a big deal.

And it doesn't seem to spec very well with the crosstalk numbers.

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #43 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miguel, would you mind taking more pics of the amp and the power supply too? I'm curious to see how it all comes together. And thanks for the impressions, looking forward to the next addition.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, lets remember that what Graham was looking to do was to be able to produce a Solo that could meet the latest set of regulations brought about the various politicians in the world. One of the items is the no lead solder.

I believe Graham has succeded! BTW, the codes the Green Solo complies with are: ROHS, WEEE, E-Waste, CEC, CE, CSA, UL (cUL and UL listed power supply), TUV

As far as the PSU it is a 0.75 amp at 24 VDC. Here is a picture, please remember to click on the thumbnail to view the full size picture.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #44 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on. You know you want to.. Two solo's & configure them.. You will love it even more..
wink.gif

Heh heh. Two 'Solos' are better than one? Makes perfect sense me moi!

That reminds me of my standard HT joke of telling people I want to buy two 1080p hi-def displays....one for each eye, of course
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #45 of 98
Thanks for the pic Miguel. So a standard wall-wart then. I was hoping for something that would accept IEC cords like the 2007 model's PSU1 supposedly does, oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back