2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 2, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #106 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Spurs have 1 in the top 35, and Mavs have 0 in the top 10 and 2 in the top 25. Please stop looking at final scores to determine "good defense." That said, they all have different styles, and they're all proven to work.

Interesting, the Suns also play defense by pace. Ask the Lakers. That team has looked gassed by the fourth quarter. I wonder what the Suns fourth quarter rebounding is compared to the first three.

I hope to see Parker and Nash go at again. That should be fun.

May 3, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #107 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdjenders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep. right on the button floyd. instead of holding the ball until 5 on the shot clock, maybe hold until 10 then drive to the basket. i really hope the fans at the oracle will help the warriors recover, because that series was all but over. tough to come back from that.

I think it's all over for the Mavs.
  • Like retic3nt mentioned, Jason Terry receives but a technical for throwing Davis to the ground while Jackson gets ejected for clapping??
  • Davis received his 6th foul for barely touching a guy.
  • Nowitzki hits a couple threes in the final few minutes.
  • Before Jackson was ejected, he wasted a ton of clock and then lost the ball. He also travelled like crazy on a wide-open fast break (I think that was him . . .).
  • The Mavericks were on their home court.
The Mavs had all that going for them and they barely scraped through by 6? They're going down in Oakland.

May 3, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #108 of 378
Spurs move on beating denver 4-1.

Go spurs!

May 3, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #109 of 378
Come on bulls! Whoo! They pooched it at the end of the season and gave themselves a hard line-up, but they've got some momentum going into this upcoming Detroit series.

May 3, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #111 of 378
Suns, Spurs... Predictions?

May 3, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #113 of 378
Spurs take it in 6

May 3, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #114 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spurs take it in 6

Pshhhhhhh...
rolleyes.gif

lol... just kidding. That's definitely a possibility. If the Suns can out-run the smothering defense they will win this series. I know that's a stupid thing to say, but that's what it boils down to.

May 3, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #115 of 378
My heart says Suns in 7, but my head says Spurs in 5 or 6. The key to the series will be Stoudemire's play on the defensive end. If he can be a defensive presence as far as blocking/altering shots when Ginobili and Parker penetrate, we may have a series. He (and Marion) also need to rebound much, much better than in the Laker series. Tonight, Odom and fricken Turiaf were abusing both of them on the glass, which is inexcusable. The problem with the Spurs is that they are effective either way the games are officiated. If the refs lock down on contact and call ticky-tack fouls, Ginobili and Parker will get the call virtually every time by flailing and instigating the contact. If the refs let the games get physical, then Bowen and Duncan will go wild with the clutching and grabbing. We will see.

That Bulls-Pistons series will be a real barnburner, too! That might as well be for the East championship right there with the way the Cavs are playing and with all the Nets' flaws.

May 3, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #116 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdjenders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tonight, Odom and fricken Turiaf were abusing both of them on the glass, which is inexcusable.

Huh? Amare was 1 rebound shy of outrebounding Kwame and Turiaf combined. Marion and Odom both had 10 boards a piece. I think it's because the Lakers bigs have to work so much harder for them that you might take notice. Amare and Marion make most of them look fairly effortless. Diaw is the one that usually gets abused in rebounding, you should see me scream BOX OUT at the tv.
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #117 of 378
I will take the Spurs in 7. The Suns are getting better each year, but the Spurs have better players and more experience. Duncan might not be the best FT shooter but he makes them when they count. Tony Parker is also faster and should have no problem handling Steve Nash. Duncan has proven to be difficult to guard for the Suns in their previous meetings and Amare is still not the same player he once was. Will be an amazing serie! Who ever is the winner will probably win the championship.

May 3, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #118 of 378
Got to love Kobe Bryant. He's raising stink about getting help. You had Shaq dude. You could of had more rings than fingers! Now, you want help? Nothing like a little slice of humble pie and a couple grinding seasons to change one's perspective.

On Suns' defense; Phoenix is a pedestrian 19th in the NBA in rebounding (NBA.com). Not as bad as rebounding, they're 12th in opponent FG%.

San Antonio had a nice warm up with Denver. The Suns played an atrocious Lakers. The Spurs won't give up on the halfcourt game like L.A. They're too old. They can't run for 48 minutes. This team just held a Nuggets team with two future hall of fame scorers (if Anthony stays healthy) to 78 points.

Watch Parker and Nash on pick n rolls. No two guards do it better.

I'm rooting for Phoenix.

Spurs in 6.

May 3, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #119 of 378
Stoudemire did get a lot of rebounds, but many of those were due to the high volume of shots that the Lakers were forcing (and bricking) when they were behind. Someone had to get those boards on the Suns. When the Lakers made their run to close up the lead before half and in the 3rd, they got way too many pts. off of second chances, and that was what I was referring to. The Suns can take big leads on SA if they are hot, but spells like this will let the Spurs get back into the game, and fast.

May 3, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #120 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got to love Kobe Bryant. He's raising stink about getting help. You had Shaq dude. You could of had more rings than fingers! Now, you want help? Nothing like a little slice of humble pie and a couple grinding seasons to change one's perspective.

Kobe can be whiney, but does nobody remember that Shaq forced that trade out of LA? I swear, everyone makes Shaq out to be some sort of victim in that whole divorce. Very puzzling. Even though Shaq had previously battled with each and every single star guard he ever played with until Wade (Anfernee Hardaway, Eddie Jones, Kobe Bryant). I think the only reason he hasn't bumped heads with Dwyane is because he's been humbled by his injuries and his career is coming to an end.

The Lakers really have nothing to be ashamed of losing to the Suns. Most of the players are young, inexperienced, and just plain crappy. But they played hard in every game except the blowout in game 2. Phoenix is just a better team. There was nothing they could do.

I've got the Spurs beating the Suns and winning it all though. But I'm rooting for GS to take it all. They're the most fun to watch.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back