2006's American Idol Winner
Jan 27, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 26
She comes from a pretty amazing bloodline, too, one of her relatives (aunt, grandmother, forget exactly) is one of the highest regarded gospel singers in america.

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 26
Yeah pretty much Grandmother, Mother, Aunt, all were in Sounds of Blackness. I'm not familiar with them but I may just have to get familiar soon. I get chills along with Paula every time I watch this audition. I feel kinda weird getting so excited about an AI contestant but she's too damn good for them.

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 26
Sadly, it's not always the person with the best talent who wins.

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 26
But at least we can now cheer for someone who actually has genuine talent. I might actually watch AI consistantly (for the first time ever) if she makes it through.

Jan 27, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 26
I think that would be 2006, Matt. But hey, I've made mistakes when thinking about cute and talented young ladies myself.

For some reason, I cannot download the clip.
mad.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #7 of 26
Ok, now I got it to work. What a sweet kid! She's got tremendous range and a lot of composure. You couldn't tell that she was nervous even in the slightest degree, at least not until you see her fall to her knees as she sees her mom. Very inspiring.

Jan 28, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #8 of 26
I watch about three minutes of American Idol every week before I remember why I only watch about three minutes; however, I saw that audition and was impressed.

I doubt she'll win, but that has more to do with mainstream musical taste today than her talent. However, she'll get exposure and - hopefully - a chance at a career. She deserves it.

Jan 28, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #9 of 26
Amazing!

Jan 28, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #11 of 26
i just noticed that quicktime stutters the audio - not the video, odd. it's not just for this vid either. i uninstalled and reinstalled doing no good. how do i fix this?

nm fixed it!

I love that she sang "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck. Totally cool. I would have only been more excited if someone sang a Cure or New Order song lol!

Jan 28, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by kissell123
Paris has gone to my high school for a long time but moved away this year. I never personally talked to her but she used to ride my bus.

Well you sure missed out! She's as cute as can be and with talent like that, she's going places!

BTW, I've changed the title to read 2006 instead of 2005. It was just driving me nuts.

Jan 28, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by kissell123
Ive actually heard different things about her. I guess she wasnt very nice, not nearly as sweet as she seems on AI. Also, people have told me that she lied a lot. Those are the rumors Ive heard around school anyway.

That's pretty common among young people who are still struggling to figure out how they fit in, and don't yet have the confidence to just be themselves. Hopefully, she'll grow out of that kind of thing and if she becomes a big success, she won't let it go to her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back