$200 or less...
Dec 9, 2010 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Madroxx

New Head-Fier
Looking for closed cans, main style of music, rock, indie, electronic music, and  a little bit of hip hop. Will the ATH M50s work for all those genres for sure, or does something else fit the bill better.

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 2
I have never heard the M50s and I do very limited experience listening to a wide variety of headphones, but from research and reading this forum, the M50s would be a good choice for your listening needs. I can't get into any more detail than that because I haven't heard them and then I would be lying.

Another choice to consider is the D1100's. I settled on these and bought them this weekend from Amazon and they arrived two days ago. For electronic music and hip hop these are excellent. The bass is very accurate and you get plenty of it. It's punchy, powerful, and borderline ovewhelming at times. It'll really make the beats and the electronic music come alive and pop. The vocals are very crisp and clear and the mids and highs for the most part are very detailed too. Listening to some Katy Perry did pierce my ears a little when her "nails on chalkboard" voice was singing loudly in the high register. I dk why I was listening to Katy Perry because she is complete garbage, but trust me for rap, Rnb, and hip hop these are an excellent choice and cost around the same price as the M50s.

Quote:
Looking for closed cans, main style of music, rock, indie, electronic music, and  a little bit of hip hop. Will the ATH M50s work for all those genres for sure, or does something else fit the bill better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back