2-pin IEM Cable w/ Mic
Feb 9, 2018 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ksweene5

100+ Head-Fier
Hey HF -

I just got a pair of UE Triple.Fis but did not get a 2-pin mic cable with the purchase. I am wanting a 2-pin (.75mm) cable with at least a microphone - buttons are much less important ( I used Android btw ). Looking for advice and rec's for -

- The best standalone 2 pin cable with a mic for around (less is better!) $50, more would be ok if I would see a pretty decent improvement; or
- Is there any IEM I could buy that would come with a good 2 pin cable w/mic? If I could get a cable and try out some new iem's that would be nice. I'd also be interested in the 2 pin cable coming paired with a good over-ear set of headphones or portable and home dac/amp setups.

tia

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Try a KZ cable if you want something cheap. Their IEMs come with detachable cables, or you can get a standalone (nicer) cable for just a few bucks. They work with my Noble X, iSines, and Rose Masyas. Should work with TFs too

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Try a KZ cable if you want something cheap. Their IEMs come with detachable cables, or you can get a standalone (nicer) cable for just a few bucks. They work with my Noble X, iSines, and Rose Masyas. Should work with TFs too

Thanks for the input, you have found them to be good with your iem's ? I did see their standalone cables and they looked nice - I have one sitting in my Amazon cart right now.
Are any of their iem's worth checking out ? Nicer models that come with the better cable you mentioned ?

Thanks again!

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 4
I dont have any KZ earphones. I had bought one of the cheapies a while back but didnt like it. They do get a lot of good reviews for being sub $50. I may try one at some point but I'm pretty content with my lineup of headphones right now.

As far as cable quality, I havent tried one with a mic yet, but I have purchased these ones:

Silver braided with chrome connectors:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077JKKGTP/ref=twister_B0775N6L79?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

This one is very well made. It's thicker and flat but still very flexible. The connectors are heavier but feel good. They didnt work too well with my Nobles though and didnt match the Rose. I didnt get a chance to try it with my new iSines because I snapped the connector and re-wired them for something else.

Brown/Bronze colored one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0775CYY1H/ref=twister_B0775N6L79?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

I use this one with the iSine after slitting a notch to make it fit the housing of the iSine. It's lightweight and looks nice. The joint where the cable splits to Left and Right is a bit lower (further down the cable length) than I am normally used to but its no biggie. They also work with Noble X and Rose earbuds. For the Rose and iSine, I removed the memory wire since i use them wire down.

KZ Bluetooth Cable:
https://www.amazon.com/KZ-Replacmen...8&qid=1518192864&sr=1-1&keywords=kz+bluetooth

This cable has pluses and minuses. It's BT 4.2 and supports AptX which is great! It's also super cheap, and works. The downside is the battery life is a little weak. The placement of the bluetooth module is odd as well. I understand they wanted it near your mouth for mic use but its rather heavy compared to the very lightweight cable so if you're using over-ear IEM cable style, then the module is dangling around in the air. If you use this with cable down like on my Rose ear buds, then the module can rest on your shoulder and it works better. I glued a clip to back of it so I can clip it to my shirt, but this doesnt work if you use the cable over ear. I would have preferred to have the module right in the middle so it rests on the back of your neck --- this doesnt do anything for mic use but just for normal listening it would be better.

FYI I linked to amazon, but if you can wait, Aliexpress and Gearbest carry these for significantly cheaper but they ship from China.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back