2 New VSonic Models and a $44 Balanced armature IEM?!
Mar 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

WaLaoEh

100+ Head-Fier
(Disclaimer: my English isn't good,and this is my first proper write-up, so please correct me if you find any grammatical errors or punctuation errors! ANY ERRORS!!!) 

It seems like VSonic has brought in two new models without any fanfare!
As I've owned the GR07 for quite some time, I am already quite a fan of VSonic.
Without further ado, please welcome the VSonic GR99 and The VSonic GR02 (Bass Edition) !

The GR99 seems to have colour coding for left and right,which comes in really handy when figuring which channel goes in which ear, it also has a tiny dot on the left earpiece to help you find your left and right earpiece in the dark when visibility is at it's minimal.
I think the design is pretty simple yet attractive,and should appeal mainly to the mainstream consumer market.

Here are the specs:

Drivers: 10.5mm High performance CCAW Drive Units
Rated Impedance: 24Ω +/- 15%
Sensitivity: ≥103dB (@ 500Hz)
Frequency Response: 20Hz—20,000Hz
Distortion: <2% @ 94dB (20μpa)
Channel Imbalance: <3dB (@ 500Hz)
Input: 10mW Max.
Input: 30mW
Stereo Plug: 3.5mm 8μ 24K Gold Plated
Cable: 1.25M PET cable, 4X14 core 6N OFHC Copper palted wire +/- 5%

This is the VSonic GR02 (Bass Edition) which is a different version of the GR02. 
I can't seem to tell any difference in aesthetics between this version and the normal version though.
I think this will satisfy the needs of those in need of more bass but on a tight budget.

Here are the specs:

2. Impedance: 24ohms
  3. Sensitivity: 105dB/mW
  4. Power Handling: 50mW
  5. Open/Closed: Closed
  6. Transducer type: Dynamic
  7. Ear Coupling: Intraaural
  8. Frequency response: 12-25,000Hz
  9. Cable length: 1.3mA

Astrotec was founded in 2001 and initially focused on OEM manufacturing till 2012 when they decided to venture into the IEM market with the same brand name (lol) , Astrotec! 
Their first product is called the AM-90, it has a single balanced armature, a metal housing and a nice looking TPE cable. I think it looks real sexy! 

At $44, with (hopefully) good sound quality, and (seemingly) good built quality, this would be a steal!

Here are the specs:
Driver: Knowles Single Balanced Armature Driver
Rated Impedence: 25 Ohm
Sensitvity : 109 dB/1mw
Cable: 1.2m +/- TPE cable
Plug: 3.5mm gold plated plug

Now I'm sure the VSonic fans are wondering how much the two models above cost. Not to worry, they won't make a noticeable change in your wallet's weight.. with the GR99 at only $28 and the GR02 (Bass Edition) at $37! 

This is where I got the information from, and this is where you could purchase these sweet looking IEMs : http://lendmeurears.com

YEAH YEAH, I know I just made it look like I'm promoting this site, but no, lol. It isn't my site, nor am I promoting it or trying to do
anything sneaky here. Just thought of creating this post for the fun of it,and also to improve my English. :p

Hope you enjoyed your read! :D

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 20
I might review them in short future, but cheap BA based IEM isn't as uncommon as you might think. AM-90 is based on Knowles Siren series of BA and in general, most Siren based BA are in the sub$100 region and a few are on the $50 mark.

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 20
Looking forward to the GR99, so far I've been impressed with what VSONIC brings to the table with the GR07 (which I currently own) and the GR06 (which I've auditioned) in terms of price-to-performance ratio. The GR99 would likely have poor isolation though, those look very large for rear vents.

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 20

Quote:
I might review them in short future, but cheap BA based IEM isn't as uncommon as you might think. AM-90 is based on Knowles Siren series of BA and in general, most Siren based BA are in the sub$100 region and a few are on the $50 mark.

looking forward to reading your impressions! 
the only cheap BA IEM i know of is the PL50. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 20

Quote:

There's also the Feels Pro900 that apparently goes for $30 when purchased in Korea.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #12 of 20

Quote:

OT:

There's also the MEElectronics A151 for $50 on Amazon, IMO it's superior to the PL50 (I've owned both in the past) as there's more "weight" to the sound.

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #14 of 20
Heh.. I almost purchased that single BA on impulse... But held back.. *glances at wallet* 
redface.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
There's also the Feels Pro900 that apparently goes for $30 when purchased in Korea.

Feels Pro900 is actually my favourite in the price range. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back