2 HDTVs im considering..
Oct 21, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #76 of 82
i wont save up more, i cant justify spending that much money on a tv set and if there are no reasonable priced LCD LED backlit sets coming out in the next few months then ill decid now, if the G10 panasonic plasma did a better job than it does id get that, [plus real burn in still concerns me]

i dont have a current set either, i use my 22inch lcd monitor as a tv, [laptop with freeview card] which is the very reason i wanted a large tv

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #77 of 82
ive been reading about plasma burn in recently, and have to concede, plasma is out of the window if im gointg to be using it as a monitor, even the kuro models,

i just have to find the correct LCD

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #78 of 82
i have finally made a decision, it has to be LCD but at presen i dont think any of the current tvs are good enough, except for a philips 40PFL9704 which is £1800 but has local LED dimming, also samsung are bringing out a 46in local dimming set some time called 46B8500 which i may also hang on for looks like im gonna be spending about £1500 but none of the current lcds are good enough

meh

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #79 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have finally made a decision, it has to be LCD but at presen i dont think any of the current tvs are good enough, except for a philips 40PFL9704 which is £1800 but has local LED dimming, also samsung are bringing out a 46in local dimming set some time called 46B8500 which i may also hang on for looks like im gonna be spending about £1500 but none of the current lcds are good enough

meh

Good decision. Local LED dimming is the only feasible choice in a good LED/LCD set. The Samsung that you originally considered has LEDs off to the edge of the screen--and not only they cannot be dimmed locally, all of the LEDs in the set automatically get dimmed every time the picture gets dark (plus, there is no way at all whatsoever to permanently fix the LED edgelighting at a constant level). This causes whites to turn a very muddy grey in a dark overall scene. The other alternative is the tried-and-true fluorescent-tube backlight which stays lit all the time; this setup does not allow the blacks to become as black as allowed by other configurations without sacrificing detail in the darkest areas.

Oct 23, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #80 of 82
yeah i think i was kind of being swayed by the cassh back offer and the look in the showroom

2qsyoie.jpg

^is the samsung one i want, but ill only be able to afford 40in but quality of quantity,

i decided that if i got the 7020 side lit one id regret it come xmas when the 8500 comes out, [which isnt far] im expecting the 8500 to be in the kuro price range but if this tv is good, i can justify it, just!!

least i know i HAVE to go LCD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back