2.1 or 5.1 For PC? ...>$300
Oct 28, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #76 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea
My LD is plugged in through 3.5 -> RCA --> LD MK II

Then i will do LD MK II--> NAD through RCA--> RCA

Oh lol well you didn't need to buy an adapter anyways since you basically already have one.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #77 of 102
Yes, that is exactly how you'd want to set it up.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #78 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh lol well you didn't need to buy an adapter anyways since you basically already have one.

So i just need
-Rca's --> Rca's
-Subwoofer Rca
-Speaker Wire

?

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #79 of 102
Correct, and make sure you have a power plug available for the sub where you think you might put it. Also, RCA connection for the sub shouldn't matter quality since it's such low frequency. You can use cheap longer RCAs if you need to.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #80 of 102
Quote:

Correct, and make sure you have a power plug available for the sub where you think you might put it. Also, RCA connection for the sub shouldn't matter quality since it's such low frequency. You can use cheap longer RCAs if you need to.

Where should i get the cables? monoprice?

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #81 of 102
I've never ordered from them before, but Shike said he had, so I would assume they would be fine. If you have to pay extra shipping for the sub rca's I'd probably just pick up a pair at a local radio shack or something.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #83 of 102
Sub Cable 6 Ft, or get longer if you need (or shorter)

For only $2.98 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft High-quality Coaxial Audio/Video RCA CL2 Rated Cable - RG6/U 75ohm (for S/PDIF, Digital Coax, Subwoofer & Composite Video) | High Quality RG6 Digital Audio 24K Gold-Plated Cable w/ Fancy Connector

Speaker cable (50 feet shortest length they have)

For only $7.80 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 14AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable - 50ft | 14AWG Loud Speaker Cable

As for the ICs between the LD and NAD Shike said there were some specific ones he used I'd suggest letting him advise. Otherwise the cable I just received today was my .5m Zu Oxyfuel that I paid 28+4 shipping for and they look super nice. Very sturdy and stiff, but can be bent without losing performance.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #84 of 102
Quote:

Link 22awg

LOL you don't need 12 feet. The one I just got was .5m as I'm putting my LDMKIII on top of my CDP. For your purpose you wouldn't want to stack, but probably side by side so really .5m-1m (1.6ft-2.5ft) should be sufficient (I'd go 1m to be safe).

Oh perhaps you meant sub cable. Still I'd think 12 feet is a bit excessive. Your room probably isn't much bigger (square) than that if its a normal bedroom.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #85 of 102
i need a long IC (LD MK II -->NAD) Because I'm gonna use my High quality cable(3ft) that is in the picture i linked here....and use the IC that i will buy and put the nad on the other side of my desk so i dont stack them and it looks neater

Wow so
Nad -$135
Sub n Speakers - $240
Rca-Rca
Sub Cable >-$26
14 AWG Wire

Comes in to $401 Shipped

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #86 of 102
Lower is thicker (generally better), but really at this power level you won't notice a difference.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #87 of 102
Quote:

Lower is thicker (generally better), but really at this power level you won't notice a difference.

Hopefully this system will blow those Z-5500 or "Pc speakers" out of the water...

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #88 of 102
Quote:

Hopefully this system will blow those Z-5500 or "Pc speakers" out of the water...

Trust me they will destroy them. PC speakers, even the best ones are still very subpar.

Any time I see a speaker system with those dinky little satellites I /facepalm. Don't ever let anyone talk you into using those. As they say, there's no replacement for displacement. The same is true here. A full size speaker will always sound better at equal component quality than a small speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back