2.1 or 5.1 For PC? ...>$300
Oct 28, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #61 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That vintage (1978) receiver doesn't have optical
tongue.gif

You'd need a 1/8" Mini to RCA, which just about every cable company makes, or you could make your own.

NAD%203020%20(1).JPG

Looking at that you could use the NAD as a preamp for your headphone amp and continue the chain like that. How about them horizontal jacks! Haven't seen those in a while.

I wonder how it compares to newer model. I don't want to get skimped due to older tech.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #63 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good grief man, get off the marketing train

HAHA...gotta have them LED lights haha

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #65 of 102
200712101865957339.jpg

Looks like you are good to go putting the headphone amp first then feeding the NAD from the MKII.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #66 of 102
I'd probaly go
Soundcard -> NAD -> Little Dot Mk II -> Headphones
->Energy C-50 Speakers

Or

Soundcard ->LD Mk II ->NAD

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #67 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seriously man, "newer tech", not much has changed in terms of what makes an amplifier good, especially not between 1970's pieces and 2000's pieces

Completely agree! If Shizdan decided not to buy the NAD I probably would have. Think I'm going to move my HK receiver to my living room once I can find a good vintage receiver for my desk.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #68 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd probaly go
Soundcard -> NAD -> Little Dot Mk II -> Headphones
->Energy C-50 Speakers

Or

Soundcard ->LD Mk II ->NAD

Option 2 would likely be better. You'll be able to hear more detail in your headphones so I'd try to make it the cleanest source.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #70 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also does the Sub sit on the desk or on the floor?

Definately the floor.

Gotta find your room's sweet spot. I have mine in the middle of the wall to my left. I happens to be right next to me, but it sounds best there. If you put it in a corner it will be very boomy, but you don't want it out in the middle of the room either, generally. With a higher quality sub things get more complex especially in a theatre setup, but for computer listening just find a spot nearby (within cord range) that it sounds good.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #71 of 102
Quote:

Definately the floor.

Gotta find your room's sweet spot. I have mine in the middle of the wall to my left. I happens to be right next to me, but it sounds best there. If you put it in a corner it will be very boomy, but you don't want it out in the middle of the room either, generally. With a higher quality sub things get more complex especially in a theatre setup, but for computer listening just find a spot nearby (within cord range) that it sounds good.

Dayton or The ES-8 Sub?

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #72 of 102
Any sub should be on the floor. You need to anchor the bass to the floor so you 'feel' the bass.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #73 of 102
Quote:

Any sub should be on the floor. You need to anchor the bass to the floor so you 'feel' the bass.

I just realized i don't need the adapter if i run
Soundcard -> LD Mk II ->NAD -> Speakers

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #74 of 102
How so? the jack on your sound card is a 1/8" Mini still right?

I don't know how much the adapter is, but one thing you can do is get the entire cable Mini one side RCAs on the other for the interconnect.

278189.gif

That's one I spied I might get for myself. End auctions on that cable I see are around $30, but again you can make one yourself.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #75 of 102
Quote:

How so? the jack on your sound card is a 1/8" Mini still right?

Yea
My LD is plugged in through 3.5 -> RCA --> LD MK II

Then i will do LD MK II--> NAD through RCA--> RCA

here
HPIM1009.jpg

Then run Rca-rca to the back of the nad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back