**1ST REVIEW** CARDAS - AYRE ACOUSTICS (IBE) BURN-IN CD... Has anyone tried this???
Jan 27, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #76 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes Sov... enough with your flapdoodling
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

I guess some people are more in-tuned to there surroundings, while others live there lives in a clueless slumber of numbness.
OMG! I've just discovered to true definition of intelligence.
eek.gif

I think that you are a better philosopher that salesman!!!!
eek.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #77 of 89
Well - here's another thread going the same old way.

Quote:

snip

I guess some people are just more in-tuned to there surroundings, while others live there lives in a clueless slumber of numbness.
OMG! I've just discovered the true definition of intelligence.

snip

So, people who question a claim such as "We don't completely understand how it works, but trust us…it does!" are the clueless ones?

Man, I hope you never go out alone in a big city. I bet you believe that the customer who wins at the three-card Monte table really is a stranger.

Jan 28, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #78 of 89
Well if the guy didn't say his power 1 on his RPX-33 offered nothing over stock... maybe I would hold him, and his opinions in higher regard.

The power 1 on my RPX-33 made me bawl like a baby. This was the cable that made me fight for this job.
It was such an inspirational masterpiece I decided it was now my life goal to share my experience with as many as I possibly could. So when a guy comes to me and says he heard absolutely nothing, then to see him spitting this that and the other is complete BS as well….
rolleyes.gif

I am not a sales man, I am not commission based, I do this on my own free time.

And I don't run into any problems wandering big citys at night, I can take care of myself.

Jan 28, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #79 of 89
OK, so he didn't hear the improvement that you did using an expensive power cable. So now all his opinions are invalid and he's spitting BS? Sounds a bit juvenile really.

I am genuinely pleased that you heard such an improvement that you have become a proponent for certain cables. Perhaps my ears are not good enough because I have never heard a difference in decently made cables. That doesn't mean that I have an axe to grind with people who say they can hear a difference.

If I, or others, can't hear a difference in cables that to some make such an obvious difference, why would there be any reason to think that a CD that purports to remove built up magnetism in a system would offer a discernable benefit? Working on the assumption that removing the magnetism is a good thing. Surely, if there are any benefits they are likely to be impossibly small.

I'm not a EE so I don't really know, but I would have thought that if there was any benefit to removing magnetism, and it could be done by playing a CD, manufacturers around the world would simply advise us to pop in the 'tune-up' CD occassionally and keep your system running in top shape.

I have had some of my audio equipment for twenty years and it still sounds fine to me. No obvious problem with magnetism build up here.

Jan 28, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #80 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so he didn't hear the improvement that you did using an expensive power cable. So now all his opinions are invalid and he's spitting BS? Sounds a bit juvenile really.

na, this is what I was referring to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all of them, are IMO a load of BS...

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #82 of 89
K... I reviewed one of the CD's... I'm taking a nap now...
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #83 of 89
Quote:

Well if the guy didn't say his power 1 on his RPX-33 offered nothing over stock... maybe I would hold him, and his opinions in higher regard.

The power 1 on my RPX-33 made me bawl like a baby. This was the cable that made me fight for this job.
It was such an inspirational masterpiece I decided it was now my life goal to share my experience with as many as I possibly could. So when a guy comes to me and says he heard absolutely nothing, then to see him spitting this that and the other is complete BS as well….
rolleyes.gif

I am not a sales man, I am not commission based, I do this on my own free time.

And I don't run into any problems wandering big citys at night, I can take care of myself.

I never stated that, as I do not want to stir things more, but given that you mentioned it, and brought it, and as I would never do it before you...I will answer it...

Yes it did absolutelly nothing, I tested it with the same track, removing one while the amp was on, and placing the other, in other words in real time, if there was a noticeable difference after listening some time you will notice it, sorry to tell you that I was not even able to determine when the cable was unplugged and the amp was with no power, running out of the caps, and no difference was heard of any kind...not even a click a pop, nothing, this power supply is completelly inmune to any anomaly from the line except maybe a big drop in voltage for some time, period!!!

Later on I tested it for some time, and replaced them, same result, as a side note I hooked my Quail in a power conditioner/UPS, and after a surge protector to make thing even worst for it, the VD was hooked in the wall directly...I tested all scenarios...

I can tell you with no remorse that the only thing I got from that stupid stiff cable, was a broken outlet, period....I do not use stock cables, I use Quails that are not the last word in cables but very well done, and custom ordered to our specs by us, in a group buy, we ran some time ago, total cost $15.00 (not sure if you know that Quail make thier living selling only power cords), if they don't know what they doing, who knows??? You???

Now about the topic in question the Densen CD for now....

Wee I have a quick observation, did you listen to the CD while playing it, or you just let it play, and later on tried it again with the music CD?

I'm asking because if you listen the track, that track is a completely loud dull track of 3 minutes, after listening this garbage for 3 minutes (and I say garbage because it is not pleasant at all to be heard) any music well recorded that you play after will sound like in the heaven it is a psychoacoustic effect...try to listen the music CD, the remove the headphones from your head, and play the Densen, and then listen again the CD, avoid listening the track, OK? That will give you a more accurate approach...

I have tried it for about a thousand times, trying to justify keeping it, and trust me that is does absolutely nothing to my ears, same as the rest of them...at least the others has some useful tracks, but that only happen if you concentrate only in the music and avoid to listen that stupid track...

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #84 of 89
I want to be on the mailing list. if not I will just get the CD..pm me.

THX!!

Looking forward to testing.

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #85 of 89
No, I didn't sit and listen to the 'garbage'. I listened to it the first time to make sure it wasn't distorting my drivers or anything and to make sure the sound level was equal to my music listening level. I had zero expectations and like I stated I didn't even know what was supposed to occur. The only reason I posted a review of it was because I was absolutely positive of what I heard. I am a skeptic, but I am not in one camp or the other. If something does something... great, if it doesn't... than it doesn't... I stated I don't believe most would be able to discern any difference or appreciate the difference. Even though I describe everything in great detail, it doesn't mean what I hear is drastic. I've only used it with the equipment I listed and will try it with my home equipment and probably my sister's lower end stuff when I visit her. Maybe in a non-headphone listening environment I will notice nothing. Didn't mean to freak you out... like I said, I just took my time, did it the same every time, and just listened every time. This was my experience and it was consistent. Remember, this is music I know quite intimately. Music I've probably used during every critical listening session I have ever done since I was 14. So I completely trust my ears when they hear what they heard.

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #86 of 89
I'm also pretty sure of what I heard, how many time do you think I have played those CDs? Also remember that they are supposed to work if you have any of the problem they are supposed to treat and remove, as they state, like a residual magentic stray field, etc...but if you do not have any, they are supposed to be inert, same as power conditioners...if you do not need to condition the power, it will do nothing. Same as water filters, you treat a water from a bottle that is supposed to be completelly pure, and you will have the same water at the end...My system is not so humble, aslo I have owned them for years and tried them in differentones, all my tests are reported same results...but if you find them useful...good, at least you will use them...

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #87 of 89
Sovkiller,

This is completely off topic... but it's my thread so I really don't care
biggrin.gif

Holy &^%##@@!!!!! Your posts are in the 5 digit realm (over 11,000)
eek.gif

WOW... that's a lot of posts... I'll probably never reach the 11,000 word level
rolleyes.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #88 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by weeeeesquirrel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sovkiller,

This is completely off topic... but it's my thread so I really don't care
biggrin.gif

Holy &^%##@@!!!!! Your posts are in the 5 digit realm (over 11,000)
eek.gif

WOW... that's a lot of posts... I'll probably never reach the 11,000 word level
rolleyes.gif

Well indeed to post a bunch of crap is pretty easy, specially ifyou are hanguing here from 2002, now to post things that are really worthy and helpful is another thing, unfortunatelly for me I'm not that smart......
tongue.gif

One thing is sure, trust me that I have seen a lot of change of opinions and tendencies here, ones for good, other for worst...
cool.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #89 of 89
Playing track seven on the CD every couple weeks does have an effect of "clearing things up" for a lack of better terms. Play a selection on any CD, put on track 7, then play the same selection again. You will notice better detail immediately after playing this track. Problem is, it's positive effect slowly diminishes possibly by the second song, the end of the CD, or the end of the week - who knows. The improvement is slight and not permanent, so your system slowly reverts back to it's state before using the Ayre CD. Whatever the reason is that the the Ayre improves the sound (remove magnetism?), this same reason does not cause a high-end system to slowly degrade to a boom box. So what's the point? Regardless of what I hear, I'm not going to use the Ayre every few songs to get a small, non permanent change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back