1more Quad Driver
May 12, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #16 of 57
Just posted my review of the Quad Driver with comparisons to the Pinnacle P1, Oriveti New Primacy and Hifiman RE-600. Hope it helps some people out, it's a really nice earphone overall if you don't mind the cable-down fit and average isolation.

dsc00935-51.jpg

loved your review. have you had the chance to listen to the im50? i would love some comments if you had, in relation to the quad of course.

May 13, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #17 of 57
The Quad Driver was the clearer, more balanced and dynamic earphone.
loved your review. have you had the chance to listen to the im50? i would love some comments if you had, in relation to the quad of course.

I have heard the IM50 on a few occasions. I think the IM50 is bassier but lacks the definition and texture of the quad driver, the IM50 has a more relaxed high-end and mids were a little less linear than the Quad Driver. The IM50 does isolate a lot more and the fit, despite the strange housings, is quite good. I personally prefer the Quad Driver, it was the clearer, more balanced and dynamic earphone where the IM50 sounded a bit soft.

May 13, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #18 of 57
The Quad Driver was the clearer, more balanced and dynamic earphone.

I have heard the IM50 on a few occasions. I think the IM50 is bassier but lacks the definition and texture of the quad driver, the IM50 has a more relaxed high-end and mids were a little less linear than the Quad Driver. The IM50 does isolate a lot more and the fit, despite the strange housings, is quite good. I personally prefer the Quad Driver, it was the clearer, more balanced and dynamic earphone where the IM50 sounded a bit soft.

cant wait to try it then. thank you!

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 57
Just ordered then on a whim. Should be here Friday.

May 17, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #20 of 57
Just posted my review of the Quad Driver with comparisons to the Pinnacle P1, Oriveti New Primacy and Hifiman RE-600. Hope it helps some people out, it's a really nice earphone overall if you don't mind the cable-down fit and average isolation.

dsc00935-51.jpg

Enjoyed reading this review as well. Thanks.

May 19, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #22 of 57
Just received the Quads.

First impressions: beautiful design, they fit even more easily and comfortably straight from the box than the Triples. Sound quality a noticeable step up - more balanced, more 3D soundstage, better resolution, mids seem more upfront

Win win.

May 19, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #23 of 57
Good to know. Mine should be here today too.

May 20, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #24 of 57
After having a short listen, I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. Busy weekend but will get some more time next week.

As mentioned, the build quality is very good.

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #25 of 57
Anyone with these and the CA Andromeda? I'm wondering how they compare in sound signature.
I could use a wire-down model for cases when the over-the-ear Andromeda isn't practical (due to cabling, sensitivity and pricier to replace if lost).

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #26 of 57
Just bought 1MORE Quads in Canada on my visit last week. After burn in seem excellent. Before burn in, a bit rotten - needed equalisation to achieve anything listenable.
I am uploading the sweep (7.83 to 40K) audio file (ran on loop for 24 hours) which really opened up these beauties. Listening to Talk Talk right now - Mark Hollis blooming genius.

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #27 of 57
Ok, I know how much people hate these kind of questions. Hell I HATE asking it. But I'm going to anyway - My current phones are the M-Audio IE20XB .... Would the 1MORE be a step up in sound or not?

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #29 of 57

dsc00935-51.jpg
Thank you for your well written and insightful review! I found these on Amazon prime with a one day shipping option, so I'll be able to listen to these tomorrow morning.

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #30 of 57
Thank you for your well written and insightful review! I found these on Amazon prime with a one day shipping option, so I'll be able to listen to these tomorrow morning.

Thanks, appreciate it! Hope you like the sound, they have some great qualities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back