1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Dec 12, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #1,291 of 1,585
Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #1,292 of 1,585
Double

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #1,294 of 1,585
I own them and they are definitely on-ear. You would either have to have unusually small ears or be a child for these to be over-ear headphones
How dare you? I fit in them and I am 44 years old :xf_cool:

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #1,296 of 1,585
Was anyone ever able to 3d print a set of the mounting rings? I've been wanting to do the mod with the Beats earpads, but don't want to ruin the original pads.

If I can break down and rip apart my original pads, then anybody can! Joking aside, I waited a long time for 3d rings, but finally had to succumb.

Now that my old pads are no more, I can switch pads when I want. The beats pads that I got were fine, but the below pads are the ones that I have stuck with:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Replacement...256907?hash=item28371bbe4b:g:0TYAAOSwXetZO1Zc

pads.jpg

As shown below, I just put them over top of the driver cup (no double sided tape required).

Very soft and comfortable pads, and the combo sounds great:

20201229_143456_resized.jpg

Dec 30, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #1,297 of 1,585
If I can break down and rip apart my original pads, then anybody can! Joking aside, I waited a long time for 3d rings, but finally had to succumb.

Now that my old pads are no more, I can switch pads when I want. The beats pads that I got were fine, but the below pads are the ones that I have stuck with:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Replacement...256907?hash=item28371bbe4b:g:0TYAAOSwXetZO1Zc

As shown below, I just put them over top of the driver cup (no double sided tape required).

Lol, yeah I ordered the beats pads last night after realizing there aren't any 3d printed rings, and after 1more replied saying they don't have any replacement earpads (They instead offered a 25% discount on a new pair lol). Thanks for the link for the other pads, but I don't like how the pads overhang onto the headphones. Going to try and do the beats mod once I receive the pads.

Jan 8, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #1,298 of 1,585

pads.jpg

20201229_143456_resized.jpg

What's the size of the hole wrt the original pads, please?

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #1,300 of 1,585
Thanks! I hope too! Will see!

A couple of days ago I noticed a rattle and started Googling which led me here. I realized that it was not the radiator but there was some play between the clear cover and the cup, and that no matter how hard I tightened down the cap it didn't secure the "window". By putting a small piece of black foam over the center of the window before screwing the metal cap back on, it now no longer has any room to move. Now if I move all I get is cable noise :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,301 of 1,585
OK, I am back with a mod update.

1More definitely had the right idea by dampening the ceramic driver with the thicker 4-layer foam. However, by covering everything with the foam disc, they also dampened the full details from the wonderful dynamic driver. I combined the 2 tuning methods for the best of both worlds!

The result is a big improvement over stock, and I am 100% pleased with the results. It takes everything good about the stock sound, and fixes the deficiencies. The results is like the stock tuning, except ripped on steroids (w/no fatigue or sibilance).

So basically here's what you do:

1. Remove the ear pads and set them aside. They are glued with a sticky, reusable adhesive. Gently pry the pads up (slowly working your way around the circumference) by applying leverage with a metal spudger tool or non-serrated butter knife.

2. Remove the round foam disc as explained above (peeling up from the edges, and temporarily sticking it to a scrap of wax paper).

3. Using scissors, cut ONE of the foam pads in half:

4. Now cut each half info half again:

5. Now set aside the outer (smallest) pieces, as they will not be used for this mod. You will be using the (2) larger pieces (indicated by arrows):

6. On the face of the "grille", you will notice a section of "solid" plastic on either side of the ceramic driver (where there are no holes).

Now imagine making a straight line that goes through that solid section of plastic, intersecting the ceramic driver (as indicated by the yellow line below). This imaginary line is where you'll be putting the foam strip in step 8.​

7. Take 1 of the long pieces of foam from step 5 above, and remove it from the wax paper, exposing the adhesive:

8. Now stick the foam over the area that was indicated by the yellow line in step 6. The strip of foam adheres to the outer edges of the driver grille (just like the round foam disc did):

9. Reinstall the ear pad.

10. On the other side, remove the round foam disc from step 2. However, do not cut that foam pad. Since you created (2) long pieces of foam in step 5, simply use the other foam piece to complete the mod (by following steps 6-9).

11. Save the unused foam disc on a scrap of wax paper (as well as the smaller unused pieces of foam from step 5) in a plastic bag for safe keeping. You'll be able to revert back to the "stock" configuration at any point in time, by simply peeling the pieces from the wax paper and putting everything back where it was originally.

I will keep evaluating other improvements to this headphone, but for such a simple 10 minute mod, I am very pleased with the results; a 100% improvement.

Obviously I know warranty void blah blah blah, so standard 'do mod at your own risk' disclaimer here.

I am going to repeat the mod on the gold version as well (since I know most people own that version). Since it uses the same large round foam disc, I expect the improvements to be positive as well. I will report the results.

@AudiophileAri, please consider passing this along to the engineering department for evaluation and consideration. This simple modification to the manufacturing process could be easily implemented.

Removed bass reflectors, replaced pads to velour, removed rings from inner side, and did the cut foam mod, I don't know the obvious difference while listening yet, but could be possible that it's slightly less boomy in rock genre, liquid drum and bass has amazing moving bass and sound is nicely spacious, which is comfortable like it was before mod, voice is still very clear and intimate in some Aurora songs, which I like, kinda liking to stay with velour pads, want to avoid boominess at all cost, so uncomfortable to listen with it. Feeling like i don't want to put all the stuff i removed back yet! Need more listening, if I get to relistening Noisia, Black Sun Empire and Future Prophecies (checked Gojira in the London BBC studio, and I loved it after mod) and love hearing it, I might actually approve this mod, lol

Attachments

• 20210217_200047.jpg
    20210217_200047.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #1,302 of 1,585
Hey, I've got my H1707s today and so far I am enjoying them :)

Originally wanted to use them with my V-moda boomPro mic but I didn't realize they had the cable split for each side. So I am trying to think of solutions how to use boomPro mic with it. I assume that plugging the boomPro jack into one of the cans will only give me one side. I guess that solution would be to get a split that I can connect to the boomPro but I am having trouble finding the ideal one, one that would be thin enough to fit the tiny holes of H1707 and that is short enough for the mic to be at reasonable distance from me, as well as the fact that it would keep hanging if its just connected to another cable. Ideas appreciated :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back