1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review
Jan 27, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #107 of 202
They are my favorite headphones right now. I even use them at home with my reference system and they love to scale up with better amps, source files and DACs.

I'm also dumbfounded as to how they will play every genre and every quality of recording and make it both clear fun and great sounding. Best audio purchase of the last three years for me anyway. I would recommend them to anyone, but at times you need more than just a simple phone amp module to get them to shine their best.

I couldn't agree more.
I just got these a few days ago and I could instantly tell the difference between my iPod touch 6G and my HTC 10 and my XPS13 all with the same source music (Spotify Extreme Quality).
Poorly Mixed music jumps out at you with these and I have purchased a FiiO K1 to power them via my laptop, the K1 sounds almost as good as my HTC 10 but not quite (yet it has alot more volume power it seems, atleast without the HTC 10 boomsound enabled).

After 20-30 hours of listening they actually sound better, there is a bit more bass and I feel like the soundstage expanded a bit.

I am kind of hyped to see the quad drivers in action now and see if its actually any better and worth the purchase.
As far as durability I've always taken care of my stuff and have a set of 10+ year old Sony Earbuds that still work 100% so I'm not too worried about them breaking but the construction seems solid.

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #108 of 202
For whatever it's worth, I did a little sine-wave sweeping (as described in http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial ) and came up with the following equalization settings (implemented on Neutron for Android) for my Triples:

4350 Hz.: reduce by 4.5 dB  (the peak was between 4150 - 4600)
6700 Hz.: reduce by 5.5 dB  (the peak was between 6250 - 7150)
9200 Hz.: reduce by 4.0 dB  (the peak was between 8900 - 9500)

I also added a few decibels of boost for very low frequencies - below 60 Hz., if memory serves. The peaks I detected probably have as much to do with my ears as with the Triples, so your mileage will probably vary.

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #112 of 202
Are they robust/endurable for everyday use? Often my experience with Chinese IEMs are, not very long-lasting.. Typically a matter of weeks

I have same concern here, I bought 2 xiaomi pistons (one from gearbest another from tinydeals) last year - both seemed identical, had valid qr codes and matched everything I saw online so I don't suspect they were counterfeit, Both ended up having one side stop working after a few months use - makes me a little hesitant to spring for these.

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #113 of 202
I have same concern here, I bought 2 xiaomi pistons (one from gearbest another from tinydeals) last year - both seemed identical, had valid qr codes and matched everything I saw online so I don't suspect they were counterfeit, Both ended up having one side stop working after a few months use - makes me a little hesitant to spring for these.

Well I'll let you guys know if these break.
They have overwhelming great reviews especially for their price and they feel really well built.

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #114 of 202

Well I'll let you guys know if these break.
They have overwhelming great reviews especially for their price and they feel really well built.

Yeah - for sure I have no doubt they would be great upgrade over my current portables (Panasonic RP-TCM 125) and from everything I've read these sound solid and there aren't many reports on them giving up the ghost that I can find.   I think my experience with pistons has just made me a little wary to drop $100, but I get more and more tempted every day :).

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #115 of 202

Funny my story is the opposite. Purchased two sets of Piston 3s well over a year ago. I was able to find consecutive serial numbers. Opened one box and tested then put it away as a back-up. Used the other pair for a year and was fairly mean to them. I would walk around with them in my pocket with keys. Finally now they look like old coins but still play perfect.

Though where I live I have seen stacks of fake Piston 2s and 3s. I even ended up buying one fake set due to the look being so close.

After having such good build quality luck with the Piston 3s the 1Mores Triples were the next logical place to get to?

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #116 of 202

Yeah - for sure I have no doubt they would be great upgrade over my current portables (Panasonic RP-TCM 125) and from everything I've read these sound solid and there aren't many reports on them giving up the ghost that I can find.   I think my experience with pistons has just made me a little wary to drop $100, but I get more and more tempted every day :).

I have RP-TCM 125 and I have to say that these are a NIGHT AND DAY difference. The highs on the RP-TCM 125 are nice but the lows are not and it really only "wakes up" from the upper midrange.
The low end is not strong and is muffled, but there is literally no comparison side by side.

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #118 of 202
I bought these headphones on Amazon to replace my Apple earbuds. This is my first pair of "high-quality" IEMs, and I want to love them, but I just don't. I've been using them for over a month, and they just sound so colored. There is a huge boost in the upper mids that's very annoying/harsh to me. I know what neutral sound is - I own HD600s, Shure SRH940s, and usually listen on Yamaha HS80M monitors. Since this is my first good pair of IEMs, I'm unsure...Is this as good as IEMs get? Or are they just not for me? Based on all the reviews I found online (this site, Amazon, others, etc.), I thought they would be a lot more flat. I think I honestly prefer my Apple earbuds; they're not perfect, but they sound far more neutral.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #119 of 202
Funny my story is the opposite. Purchased two sets of Piston 3s well over a year ago. I was able to find consecutive serial numbers. Opened one box and tested then put it away as a back-up. Used the other pair for a year and was fairly mean to them. I would walk around with them in my pocket with keys. Finally now they look like old coins but still play perfect.

Though where I live I have seen stacks of fake Piston 2s and 3s. I even ended up buying one fake set due to the look being so close.

After having such good build quality luck with the Piston 3s the 1Mores Triples were the next logical place to get to?

Perhaps I did end up getting counterfeits, I thought gearbest and tinydeal were authorized dealers so did not worry too much, and seemed to be legit from comparing them to online.  

I thought maybe it was because I use them every day for bus commute to work, and they get banged around fairly well (e.g., tossed into pockets,bag etc), so that could be it too.  But sounds like you treated yours about as well as I did mine, so maybe counterfeit? Hard to say.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #120 of 202
The thing is though that no one could live with the sound of the fake ones? No my understanding there has never been very good sounding fakes. Even if you don't have an original Piston 3 to compare the fakes sound really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back